Please tell me your grandma and great grandmas names

My grandmothers are Jean & Dixie and my great grandmothers (I only know my mothers side) where called Violet and Rose :) xx

Not sure of my Great Grandmothers names, but my Grandma's names were Mildred (everyone called her Dolly-her father hated the name and just called her Dolly from day one and it stuck) and Dorothy...can't imagine ever naming my children after my favorite Grandma: Mildred Olga (poor lady), but i could consider Dolly as a middle name I suppose...

Anna Marie and Charles Edward on dad's side.

Steven Lawrence and Debra Gaye on mom's side.

My Grandmother's names were/are Jean and Doris :)

Great-grandmother's were Elsie and Alice (don't know the others sorry!)

My grandmas names were Myrtle Louise and Marcella Jane. My great grandmas names that I am aware of are Agnes and Etta. I would love to use the name Etta some day. I am completely in love with it!

I love the noticable region and culture differences in this topic. It's one of the things I love most doing genealogy.

My grandmas were/are Nettie and Elaine. Great-grandmas were Ada Lucille, Mona and Geraldine. One grandma was adopted; her birth name was Bobby Jo. Lucky her for that change...

I have a Doris, Elsie, Rose, I have recently been doing my family tree other relatives had: Ada, Lucy, Lydia,Violet, Lilly, Alice, Ena, Robina, Blodwen, Sybil, Rhoda, there were also alot of Hannahs and Elizabeths

xx

Etta is like E for egg ... Etta james the singer think of her....

going to name this baby after my nannys father so my great grandad his name was Gordon but everyone called him Sonny .... so this baby will be Sonny :) and my eldest is named after my great nanny

I love old names especially 1920s onwards

Deborah & Pamela.
GGs were Icee, Clara, Eunice, and Icee again.

My grandmother was called Emma (went by the name 'Dolly' - she was a preemie born weighing 2lbs in 1913! Amazing she survived really. She was tiny, thus the nickname) and my other grandmother was Marguerite (went by the nickname 'Molly').

Great grandmothers were: Mae, Mary, Olive and Doreen :)

Thelma
Bonnie
Eleanor

Only one of mine I like is Eleanor! Everyone else see,s to have such cool names :)

Grandma's: Virginia, Valerie, and Nancy (my grandpa remarried before I was born, so I have two on dad's side)

Great Grandma: Margaret Mae

I only know one sides great grandma's name.

I am using my great grandma's name as my first daughters middle name.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->