Pleaseeee Help Me

Stef

Mummy to Olivia & PG #2
Reaction score
Ok so as most of you know im going away in a few weeks time... Just im in such a dilemma...

Its about a stroller...

So we have the Silvercoss Jet sport pram wich we use day in & day out, and back in January I bought a Quinny Zapp for my hols, didnt put much thought into it to be honest i dont know why but i thought she would be a tad older than she is.

I went intpo the travel agents today and after realising that Olivia wouldnt quite be big enough to fit in the quinny I asked if I was to put my pram into the pushchair mode would I be covered for it on the travel insurance. The travel agents then told me that the airline wouldnt actually carry it and it must be a light weight stroller...

Trouble is its been such a struggle to keep out my overdraft these last few months since my savings ran out i dont really want to go intpo for a stroller that we are going to get use out of for one week only.

I did have some money aside for a stroller a few weeks back but we got an unexpected tax return form from when chris was self employed which obviously had to be paid so that money has now gone leaving me with pretty much zilch. So the problem is this... All the cheapies I have found are 6 months plus (just like the Zapp) and the only cheapie I found suitable from birth is out of stock every where.

Ive been reading reviews on the Zapp and a few people had said they had used the Zapp before their babys were 6 months & the shoulder straps are too tall... as Olivia is a very tall baby I decedied to try her init & I had the same problem (pic below)

https://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u154/SJB_1986/SANY0427.jpg

So I took the support from my silvercross and placed it in making the shoulder straps sit in the right place( see pic below) So I was wondering... do you think if i was to buy a plain one of these that I can put in the Zapp would I ge away with it as I really dont have a spare £80-£150 to fork out on Maclaren, she wouldnt be in the pushchair much any way and obviously I think its alot of money for 1 week of usage as I dont need 2 strollers

https://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u154/SJB_1986/SANY0430.jpg

I know I sound like a scruge but im just looking for ways to get round it as money really is tight at the moment but obviously if I have to buy one then i'll have to buy one. Just thought i'd see what you guys think first?

Looks fine to me, but have you thought of maybe trying to find a way to put a head hugger in maybe?

she looks fine to me. The buggy also looks suitable for both planes and trains.

Anyways - she looks greatly comfy there.

I took a Quinny Zapp on holiday, when my youngest was 18 mths old. Itb was a problem, because it doesn't lay back, so he couldn't have a good sleep in it, and you can't hang anything onto it as it falls over.
Mothercare sell a stroller at around 40 quid, suitable fom 3 or 4 months (It lays back about a quarter of the way)

We're going away next week and wanted an umbrella buggy (so we can get clothes in the boot as well as the pushchair), but wanted it to lay flat so we're not stuck in the caravan all day (even though Charlie's 20 months, he still has a 2 hour nap int he day and then is in bed for 7pm).

Obviously, we didn't want to spend a fortune on something that's only going to be used for a week, so we've bought one of these off this Ebay seller:

https://search.ebay.co.uk/search/se...id=m37&satitle=+++Chicco+Winter+London+Sydney+

They're second-hand, but referbished completely. I got mine for £16.50, plus £10 postage, ordered it yesterday and they've emailed me today to say that it's been sent and should be with me tomorrow!

The buggy does say that it's suitable from birth and it's really lightweight and umbrella fold.

Oh, and I had a code for £10 off any ebay purchase. Not sure if it'd work for you as well, but if you decide on one of these (or any other one from Ebay), put CIRCLE2 in the code section on your paypal checkout.

Thanks for all your help... I think im going to cut my losses and get one of these & at least then it lays back. Also I suppose it may come in useful over the next few years if we ever go abroad again... im still going to keep my quinny too as it will be fab for running down the town as its so light weight.

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SILVERCROSS-...ryZ66700QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

i think they must be refurbed also, im going to call them tomoro & see if i would be able to pick it up from their shop... it will take me about hour & half to get there but i cant chance it being posted as we travel on the 8th of May & I suppose £50 isnt spo bad even if they make me pay postage still & my tax credits should be getting back dated so far so guess once those payments come through its paid for it really,

x

Just to let you know Stef, mine arrived this morning! Ordered Sunday night and delivered 8am today - not bad eh?

It looks brand new. So a £70 buggy for £16 plus postage. I'm dead chuffed with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->