Plus size & pregnant join here

haha glad im not the only one wanting to slap cottlestons dh.

its horrible.. it wasnt so bad when i was your stage as my tummy was still very flabby.. but now my bump has firmed up it really hurts when he does it. It worries me too after the bleeding yesterday :dohh: So glad i have this scan tomorrow! xx

Trust me I'm this close. He's got the arsehole for... I dunno. Whatever reason. We couldn't find the book light for Toby's bedtime story so he let me get on my hands and knees to hunt under bed and sofa while accusing me of losing it or having it in my pocket. Turns out Toby had moved it by his bookshelf. Did he apologise? Or at least help me up? No chance. Sitting here in tears wondering if I've done the wrong thing getting pregnant again.
I've got 20ish minutes before he gets annoyed at Toby for not settling and I have to take over. Gotta compose myself.

I have been searching the web for some cute maternity clothes. I am scared to order online incase there is a problem but I found some cute tops @ motherhood.com. I'm from the US so I am not sure for those who live out of the states on shipping but the plus size clothes aren't too shabby but not much to really choose from =( booo..

I have been searching the web for some cute maternity clothes. I am scared to order online incase there is a problem but I found some cute tops @ motherhood.com. I'm from the US so I am not sure for those who live out of the states on shipping but the plus size clothes aren't too shabby but not much to really choose from =( booo..

Have you checked at target? I got all mine from there and they are motherhood and maternity.

I know this is random and I'm only 9 weeks but I've noticed lately its getting harder and harder to "suck it in". My pooch and area around my belly button is starting to feel harder. I know I still look "fluffy" and not pregnant and that sucks. Lol. Just had to throw that out there.

aww cottleston huni :hugs: :hugs: I really hope he gets his act together soon. he is being so unfair to you! Could you have a word with his mum? would she maybe speak to him for you? What the hell he thinks he is doing making you get on your hands and knees I dont know.. then again my dh is the same. more than happy to let me be the one to do all the work. How did you get on with Toby? Did dh manage to settle him? I'm so so so sorry you are having to deal with this crap hun :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

PinkDuckeh there never seems to be much choice where plus size is concerned.. not unless you have an absolute fortune to spend on 1 item. :(

under25 - oo you have the bloat! :D I had that too hun, i already was totally hard in that area by 13 weeks so we thought i was much further on than i was :haha: not be long till your bump starts properly!! :happydance:

Happy Valentines Day Ladies!

Looking forward to my scan today :D 11:10am. Need to coax Seth and Dh out of bed soon, think i might jump in my shower before i get them up though so that im already dressed and sorted. Bus it just after 9am. I'm hoping for some nice weather.. or at least dry weather anyway! Dh was snoring again last night so not much sleep again for me... and every time i nudged him to go see to seth (we do alternate nights) he wouldnt budge so i had to go through to him twice. Its going to be fun when ethan comes along... since hes no choice but to get up and help.

Well suppose i best go get my phone on charge (stupid thing went dead at 5am) and then get in the shower. Make sure my legs are shaved incase iv to take trousers off for any reason.. hehe last time i forgot and they were checking my legs for swelling :blush: *oopsy* xxx

Thanks Seths. I had a really good sleep last night. No cramping or if i did there was heat in my bottle to ease it off lol but i manage to sleep in until about 8am lol seems to the time i get up these days.

Good luck today with your scan also let us know how it goes and happy valentines day :D<3

Cottle- sorry to hear about your man not helping out. Men are just really stupid and dont think about how we feel or if we need help. You could give them so may hints and they still dont bother. I agree with the other girls he needs a slap. Try and sit down with him and tell him you need little more help from him as your struggling. Ive had to tell Ryan's mum and so far he's helped out a little more. which has been super hangy dont even have to cook his food for him (well thats just this week as his sleeping pattern is screwed over again) lol

think i might just go have a nice shower to but i really cant be bothered lol. Cant wait just to have a lazy day. At the weekends i seem to always be at my mum or going into town for something instead of relaxing lol. Really wanna saw this moses basket hood up as it keeps falling down. I just dunno how im going to be able to keep it up though :( But its something to do when i go on mat leave lol

Have a nice valentines day everyone xxxx

Morning ladies, hope your all well.

Sounds like some of these DH's need a good kick up their back sides. Give it to them good now, while we can still blame the hormones lol.

My hubby is working nights this week, so im foing all cleaning and cooking etc... I dont mind though, as he helps out when he is working days. He just hates cleaning the snakes out for me, iv told him he will need to get used to it, as he is going to be doing it soon, till im recovered. They only need spot cleaning once a week, lol lazy sod.

Happy Valentines day everyone, we celebrated ours on Sunday. But we did have a 'romantic encounter' this morning lmao.

Im quite chirpy considering I got only 6 hours sleep.

Cherry - glad you got a good sleep hun :D And your moses basket looks lovely btw :D Seths moses basket hood never used to stay up either lol

Jenny - oo i think you should share your dh with everyone lol hehe your "romantic encounter" sounds fun :haha: bet my dh wishes he could get one of those!

Thanks Jelly :D

Well the scan went really well :cloud9: Baby is still head down and starting to engage (not sure how much because the snotty midwife didnt write it down) and he is estimated to be 6lb 2oz. So at birth should be just over 7lb or so.
After the scan the midwife who saw me was such a snotty cow :growlmad: My bp is right down today and when i said thats the lowest its been "oh have they been using the larger cuff". When we said i dont trust the scans as seths was so out "well it is harder to be accurate with larger women" ... i mean how dare she presume just because im this big now that i was this size 3 years ago when i had seth :growlmad: I said "well actually I wasnt this big back when i had him".. she didnt even apologise! Then took ages for my consultant to come through.. iv got blood/protein in my wee so theyv sent it off since last weeks came back clear. Not one thing was said when i mentioned my bleed :growlmad: Asked if i was still happy with my section date which i said yes and that was it... off i went.
When waiting for DH the snotty midwife walked past me and stopped.. touched my arms (um helloo personal space invasion) and said "is your little boy having speech therapy"... um yes. then she went on to say it will be because we dont make him say what he wants "because its easier"... GRRR how the hell do you know what I do with my son after seeing us for all of 10 minutes :growlmad: Just because i am not going to sit there and force him to say words when he is already bored and agitated :growlmad: She really peeved me off!!

But apart from that today went really well. Looks like im having another average/small baby. Snotty midwife said when she felt my stomach that he feels quite small so scan may be a little out "with being a bigger women". :dohh: Like they are perfect for skinny women :dohh:

hope you all have had a good day too. I have chocolate cake and ice cream to cheer me up for later on :) xxxx

Cherry - glad you got a good sleep hun :D And your moses basket looks lovely btw :D Seths moses basket hood never used to stay up either lol

Jenny - oo i think you should share your dh with everyone lol hehe your "romantic encounter" sounds fun :haha: bet my dh wishes he could get one of those!

Thanks Jelly :D

Well the scan went really well :cloud9: Baby is still head down and starting to engage (not sure how much because the snotty midwife didnt write it down) and he is estimated to be 6lb 2oz. So at birth should be just over 7lb or so.
After the scan the midwife who saw me was such a snotty cow :growlmad: My bp is right down today and when i said thats the lowest its been "oh have they been using the larger cuff". When we said i dont trust the scans as seths was so out "well it is harder to be accurate with larger women" ... i mean how dare she presume just because im this big now that i was this size 3 years ago when i had seth :growlmad: I said "well actually I wasnt this big back when i had him".. she didnt even apologise! Then took ages for my consultant to come through.. iv got blood/protein in my wee so theyv sent it off since last weeks came back clear. Not one thing was said when i mentioned my bleed :growlmad: Asked if i was still happy with my section date which i said yes and that was it... off i went.
When waiting for DH the snotty midwife walked past me and stopped.. touched my arms (um helloo personal space invasion) and said "is your little boy having speech therapy"... um yes. then she went on to say it will be because we dont make him say what he wants "because its easier"... GRRR how the hell do you know what I do with my son after seeing us for all of 10 minutes :growlmad: Just because i am not going to sit there and force him to say words when he is already bored and agitated :growlmad: She really peeved me off!!

But apart from that today went really well. Looks like im having another average/small baby. Snotty midwife said when she felt my stomach that he feels quite small so scan may be a little out "with being a bigger women". :dohh: Like they are perfect for skinny women :dohh:

hope you all have had a good day too. I have chocolate cake and ice cream to cheer me up for later on :) xxxx

Lol he would help out too, he likes to help others. My hormones are a bit up in the air with 'romantic encounters' at the mo, poor hubby lol.

Im glad your scan went well. But what is it with these health care people? aren't they supposed to be 'clever'? Doesn't fill me with much confidence when I get admitted to hospital. Il end up telling them to F'off lol.

Mmmmmmmmm cake and ice cream! Im making home made chips tonight. Id not made them yet during this pregnancy.

Glad the scan went well - cant believe the nerve of the midwife

Thanks guys. I could tell as soon as i watched her walk in the room that she was a snotty so and so. :dohh: much prefer the bigger lady i usually get. shes lovely! But shouldn't have any more hospital appointments until i go in for my section so no more snotty midwives! woot :happydance: must phone tomorrow to make my last 2 midwife appointments with my usual midwife.

jenny i just read what i wrote back to myself ... and omg oops :blush: how bad did that read :haha: I think i should have put a full stop after you sharing dh aha. My poor dh doesnt get much sex but it hurts a lot when we do most of the time. Ooo i know fine well once im admitted if they try mess me around or have an attitude with me i will tell them to F off.. im not having that again.

home made chips sounds good. We are having Soup for tea tonight num num. chicken for me, tomato for dh and probably a bit of both for seth :haha: xxx

Oh man sorry to hear that midwife was right cow hun. I like getting mines as i see her all the time and no one else. She's lovely and it looks like everyone i know who's pregnant gets her lol.

Glad everything else went ok.

AFM: today has been rather a long day. start to get a ready sore tummy like on top of the bump. I know i get hungry after being at work so long but my tummy was really really sore ive now had something to eat and have been told to sit down by Ryan. It has got for now maybe i did just need food and a good seat lol but it was so bloody sore i could have cried:(

Anyways im going to try and relax for the rest of the night xx

Thanks guys. I could tell as soon as i watched her walk in the room that she was a snotty so and so. :dohh: much prefer the bigger lady i usually get. shes lovely! But shouldn't have any more hospital appointments until i go in for my section so no more snotty midwives! woot :happydance: must phone tomorrow to make my last 2 midwife appointments with my usual midwife.

jenny i just read what i wrote back to myself ... and omg oops :blush: how bad did that read :haha: I think i should have put a full stop after you sharing dh aha. My poor dh doesnt get much sex but it hurts a lot when we do most of the time. Ooo i know fine well once im admitted if they try mess me around or have an attitude with me i will tell them to F off.. im not having that again.

home made chips sounds good. We are having Soup for tea tonight num num. chicken for me, tomato for dh and probably a bit of both for seth :haha: xxx

lmao don't worry about it Seths.....you naughty girl haha. I can't wait to meet a snotty midwife when im admitted. I work in health care, so I know how things should go, and the protocal they should follow, they don't wana mess with Miss Bitch lol.

Oh man sorry to hear that midwife was right cow hun. I like getting mines as i see her all the time and no one else. She's lovely and it looks like everyone i know who's pregnant gets her lol.

Glad everything else went ok. I can't wait to meet a snotty midwife when im admitted. I work in health care, so I know how things should go, and the protocal they should follow, they don't wana mess with Miss Bitch lol.

AFM: today has been rather a long day. start to get a ready sore tummy like on top of the bump. I know i get hungry after being at work so long but my tummy was really really sore ive now had something to eat and have been told to sit down by Ryan. It has got for now maybe i did just need food and a good seat lol but it was so bloody sore i could have cried:(

Anyways im going to try and relax for the rest of the night xx

Hope you have your feet up cherry, and you feel better soon

Pffft less of the midwife bashing.

They are not bashing as a whole Noo, try not to take offense hun but when someone is awful to you I think its just to be able to call her a friggen cow! :flower:

It's only the snotty cow midwives that need to worry.

My midwife is lovely!
My consultant on the other hand... Ruuuude!

I ache everywhere and can barely feel babies tonight. Sucks so I'm going to bed.

Pffft less of the midwife bashing.

Oh bless you Noo :hugs: I'm sure if you were our midwife we would all love you xxx

Cherry - maybe you've got bad indigestion as I've had terrible pains before and been digestive issues - hope it eases

Cottlestonpie - hope you manage to get some rest this evening from your achey bump.

Afm - my nipples are still really tender and sore been like it for a week now never had this with JJ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->