Plus size & pregnant join here

Pffft less of the midwife bashing.

Sorry hun, I dont mean all midwives! I'v only met 2 shitty midwives this time round.. I agree with Jelly, i bet if you were our midwife we would love you! But its just not nice when you go to see someone who is supposed to be nice and "caring" and they sit there and be really snotty with you and act like your being an inconvenience. :hugs: I mean this womans first words to me yesterday were "what the hell are you doing here, you have a care plan in place" :dohh: I mean d'uh! obviously my consultant wanted to see me at this specific time, and then to go on and be just plain rude about many other things..well its just frustrating, especially when your at the end of your pregnancy, pure had enough of those certain midwives being horrid and you'v been sat for over an hour waiting. (and some of the things have nothing to do with being pregnant.. like when she was telling me my sons speech problems are because we are lazy and dont make him say the word.. after only seeing us for 10 minutes!!)
Sorry if you thought it was aimed at all midwives. I LOVE my usual midwife Joanne, but even she bashes the other midwives at the hospital as she knows how abrupt they can be. Also most other midwives i have met this time round (I say that because last time with ds1. i only had 1 nice midwife throughout the whole pregnancy and aftercare and only saw her twice) have been lovely. I'v just found a lot have a serious issue with talking nicely to larger ladies :shrug:

Lol Jenny - im glad you know how things are meant to go so you can put them in their place if need be. With ds1 i was made to feel like a shit mum because he would only take 10ml of milk.. they kept telling me it was my fault.. i mean in the end i had a major breakdown in the middle of the night because i thought it was all my fault. Just to be told by a pead a week later that at his size and after such a traumatic entrance into the world he couldnt be expected to take any more than that really :growlmad: Then when i was bringing him back up for blood tests everyday i was told " im an immature mother who knows fuck all" .. those exact words.. because no midwife/pead had bothered their ass to explain to me that my son had SEVERE jaundice and it could have caused disabilities and i took him home. So this time round, i will not put up with any of that, if theres any problems i will be told properly and they sure wont make me feel like shit if baby only wants a little milk. Sorry Rant Over.

Cottleston - did you manage to get a good sleep hun? How are you feeling this morning? :hugs:

Jelly - I was the same hun, my nipples were real sensitive just before i started leaking. never had that with seth as i didnt produce anything :shrug: Hope its not too sore hun. Have you tried putting a nipple pad on just to stop your bra irritating your nipple?

Hope everyone is ok this morning. Im up.. before dh again. Even though i let him stay in his bed yesterday instead of getting him up when he was snoring... its funnily my job to get up with seth since it was only 6:30am when he got up :growlmad: Getting a tad fed up with dh not doing his share through the night/early morning recently.. xx

Omg Seths! Im sorry but id of knocked her the F out!

When I get a snotty midwife in hospital im going to ask her why she is in this job, if she cant fulfil the role. Il be writing complaints and getting them in deep shit if they wana be bitches.

Iv only met a couple of cows so far. But the hospital I have to go to has many more.

I have my early scan tomorrow. I'm very excited but also very nervous! I hope I get good news as it's my birthday tomorrow. I feel so old! I'll officially be in my late 20s (27) :(

Work now know I'm pregnant. Had no choice but to tell them as I look so rough. Blah :(

urgh noo im sorry you couldnt hold off telling work for as long as you wanted hun. how did they take the news? Good luck for your early scan :D Your gonna get to see your little splodge (hehe thats what i called seth from his 7 week scan). 27 is not old! its only when its the opposite way round you need to worry :haha:

Jenny - wish i had the balls to say something like that. Oh no poor you! I'v been told that up on the wards most of them are really nice, there are one or two older midwives who are a bit "strict" and "up themselves" but hopefully i wont get any of those. xx

Oh. Ive heard alot of people complain about some midwives being rude towards them :(. Then you look at the ones one OBEM and think arent all midwives meant to be like that lol (this could be just me) My midwife is amazing and im so greatful to have her she also had my sister to.

I think if you take on a job you should step up to the mark and take what comes and be as nice as pie to the customer etc. We have this one girl in work whom i know as a disability but i aint sure what and they way she speaks to customers is appauling. Few staff have told someone about her and she has been told off but carrys on anyways. She gets really fursted (spelt that wrong i know..

Slept ok last night until i got to 6.50 lol full bladder kick in and i managed to sleep for another hour but my stomach started to go sore so i just had to get up lol

Really can't believe she mentioned Seths speech hun. The rest I've come to accept as normal for some staff but something as unrelated as his speech really isn't any of her business. Hopefully you won't see her again now!

Noo, sorry you had to tell work. Hopefully they'll be accommodating for you though. Good luck with your scan hun and happy birthday for tomorrow. I'm 29 next month so I know how you feel lol (27 was good to me though... Got engaged and prego- not bad!)

Toby and I slept in til 10am woop! He was pretty good last night and didn't come into my bed til after 4, because he'd had a coughing fit and couldn't breathe properly. Poor little lamb had snot all over his face and hands :(
He's got his dentist appointment in a couple of hours. I really should get us ready!

cherry - sounds like you had a half decent sleep hun :D Lol yeah i think when people watch OBEM they think all midwives are like that.. but the sad truth is they are not all lovely :( You get the odd thorn in the works.. but i think its the same with any proffesion.

Cottleston- woot for a long lie :happydance: whats the secret lol.. id love seth to sleep that long! poor little Toby, not nice when they are ill.. haha i got a clear picture of the snot covered face in my head though.. thats happened to seth a few times. I always think how the hell did you manage to sleep ok with that all crusted on your face.. cant be comfy.
I was really quite peeved off that she kept on about it hun. I didnt mind her asking in the first place.. but once id said yes he is having speech therapy she should have dropped it. For all she knew he could have a condition or disability! In fact we want to get him checked for Autism.. which i need to speak to his speech therapist about. He has a few markers for it and has recently started having to touch walls etc as we walk anywhere. gets all flustered if we dont let him, so its something i want to get looked into. xx

Dont let the shitty ones upset you hun. Just kindly point out that their opinions are nlt what your there for.

Just been to have my anti d, and saw a lovley midwife :-D injection hurt like a bitch though, hubbys face was a picture lol.

Saw the cord and placenta donation people. And got all signed up and consent given :-D

A lot of women seem to have the wrong idea about this donation. Its a shame really, if they researched what it is, they could save someone's life.

oh wow Jenny! That is such a nice thing to do!! Can you have delayed cord clamping if you are donating it though?
our hospital dont offer that kind of thing otherwise it would probably be something i would look into.
Glad you got a lovely midwife! Those injections sound horrid though, how many do you have to have? xxx

oh wow Jenny! That is such a nice thing to do!! Can you have delayed cord clamping if you are donating it though?
our hospital dont offer that kind of thing otherwise it would probably be something i would look into.
Glad you got a lovely midwife! Those injections sound horrid though, how many do you have to have? xxx

Its not the hospital that do it hun, its an external charity. I can get some details if people are interested?

I dont know about it with reguards to delayed cord clamping. Id rather them take baby right away, as Freya had problems maintaining her oxygen levels born at 39 weeks vis section.

Imo babies have been born for thousands of years without delayed cord clamping, so its not a big deal for me. and as I have a rare blood type it feels even more the right thing to do.

The woman I spoke to there told me people would be amazed how many others will take a donation, to help save their own lives, but refuse to help back in the way of blood/organ donations. Makes me quite angry!

I only need the one jab before baby is born, unless I have a fall or trauma to the stomach.

mind if i ask what the charity is hun? i looked into it a while ago... dh and i are big on blood donations qnd stuff so itd be interesting to do some research.

ah i see. Be no good for me as i really really want delayed cord clamping. I watched a video earlier about just how much blood is still in the placenta (1/3 of babies blood) so i want minimum of 2 minutes delay which my midwife told me they will probably do no problem :) But I think its all part of my "I want a perfect birth" this time round since it went to badly first time round.

My sister has just signed herself and her kids up for organ donation. But i dont know if i could do it.. the last thing id be thinking of if my children died (god forbid) is letting someone wisk them off to cut them up before iv got to spend time with them. I just dont think i could do it. If there was a way of getting to spend time with them before they need to be taken then it would be something i could do. Which i know is really bad of me.. but i dont think id be thinking of helping others if i had to go through that kind of tragedy. I do give blood though (well when my body decides to give out.. hehe last time it kept stopping and starting) , and my children will be brought up to give blood.

Thats not so bad only needing one jab :D fingers crossed you never fall or anything hun :hugs: xxx

aw poop... apparently the nhs says they dont do cord blood donations from twins because the placenta is smaller so theres less blood and cant be justified :(

That's a shame cottlestonPie, maybe next time if you have any more babies one day.

Myself and hubby are organ donors. Iv not thought about the kids being donors. It's something il consider if I ever need to, I can't deal with thinking about it.

Hubby gives blood every 4 months. He is A+. Im B-, but giving blood for me is hard, as my veins are crap.

Il give details here anyway, incase anyone wants to have a look.
Website - www.anthonynolan.org/cordblood.
Help line number - 0303 303 0303

I think its a great idea to delay clamping the cord. Ive seen that donation thing but never knew what it was lol still but in the middle about it. Ill just wait and see what happens when i go into labor or think about it while im off through march.

Well im now down to 5 days left of work :D today was going really well but because the kids are off and its friday it was mayhem :( i started to feel off around 2.30 and i had only started at 1. i when to get a drink and take paracetamol but when i got to my bag i found none :( so i had a quick drink of orange juice before heading back down stairs. Think i had bit of trapped wind but at times i felt like i needed number sorry for info.

My bump started to tighten up around 3.30 and it had been like that until i got home was having period pains to :( was that bad i could have cried. Anyways i got home went to loo and only needed a pee lol sat on the couch since and it seems like i just had some trapped gas now. what a pain eh lol. so glad ive only got 5 days left now.she came alive once i got this hot bottle resting on me lol

Hope every one else is doing ok today xx

ah cant do it in my hospital anyway. I cant believe it can only be done in only a couple hospitals. Its like donating bone marrow.. i looks into that too and would have to travel to london :dohh:

So far i have only given blood once. before that where i lived they didnt do it anywhere near me. And we only just found out we can do it locally just before i found out i was pregnant. but as soon as i can afterwards i will be back at the donor sessions.. can you donate when breast feeding? Or how long after birth can you start if you formula feed?

Cherry - sorry to hear your getting sore again hun. Sounds like your getting a real bad dose of built up trapped wind :hugs: I didnt realise the kids were off school today. Woo for only 5 days left at work.. that must be so exciting !!

yeah hun they have been off all week lol i thought it was weird they were off for v-day week lol. So glad they are back next week so i hope its goes a little better.

I must remember to take paracetamol with me to work next week along with water or juice. xx

Good question, I dunno when you can do it after birth. May be a year?
I couldn't give blood last time I went with DH as I was already pregnant. Time before that my veins were so crappy, they restricted and it took 20 minutes to fill up a quarter of the bag when it's meant to take about 10-15 minutes to fill the lot. Always been that way though. I have to Pre-warn phlebotomists at the hospital when I have tests too... So my GTT will be fun! I'll have drank very little beforehand and they'll be taking my 28w bloods at the same time. I'm gonna be a bruised lil pin cushion by lunchtime on that day!

Hope everyone had a decent day. I went for coffee with mum and sister. Toby dropped something on the floor and I gave the old couple opposite a right laugh while I was trying to crouch down to pick it up. The woman was actually crying with laughter. I'm sure I looked hilarious but it bloody hurt! My hips are shot to bits today. Blurghh.

Ooh cherry was half term this week where you are? It's next week here which means no swimming, soft play, etc... Not that I intended to anyway. But I always want to do more when I know I can't :haha:

Just looked it up, its 6 months post pregnancy, doesn't say anything about breast feeding though.

https://www.blood.co.uk/can-i-give-blood/who-cant-give-blood/

Im the same CottlestonPie, they took my GTT from my hands, maybe ask them if they can do that for you? Saves them trying mutiple times in your arms.

Im always getting tattooed, so they never want my blood. I must be dirty or something lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->