Plus size & pregnant join here

Lol yeah I keep forgetting about giving blood, then go and get a tattoo and about a week later I'll receive a blood letter giving me details of the next donation. Oops.

Omg ladies.. Dunno what you're doing about post-partum undies, but I can't be doing with those paper maternity pants that hospitals issue, so today I went out and got some plain old cotton granny pants FIVE sizes too big :haha: Much cheaper and at least they won't be tight!

Lol yeah I keep forgetting about giving blood, then go and get a tattoo and about a week later I'll receive a blood letter giving me details of the next donation. Oops.

Omg ladies.. Dunno what you're doing about post-partum undies, but I can't be doing with those paper maternity pants that hospitals issue, so today I went out and got some plain old cotton granny pants FIVE sizes too big :haha: Much cheaper and at least they won't be tight!

I bought some granny panites too, I know they will get covered in blood from my wound and the other part too, so will just chuck them as they need to be chucked.

Paper undies? lmao not much point in them ay?

omg yeah...half term, I love my kids, but damn they are hard work, park, movies, friends, constantly wanting to eat my house lol...aarrggggggg.

Half term next week here too!

Our hospital don't issue paper undies. You're expected to bring your own. I plan on getting some value knickers I can just chuck in the bin!

Morning all! Hope you had a good night xx
I want to punch DH again lol
One day I'll learn....

I bought 2 packs of asda cheapy granny pants, I had paper ones first time round and they were hideous!

In another (american) forum I go on there are a couple of women talking about having the placenta made into capsules so they can take them during the weeks after the birth, apparently it helps with post natal depression. I'm not sure I could do that but it sounded interesting!

I had a good antenatal appointment on tuesday, the scan showed sprout has grown and is now just above the tenth centile rather than just under it, so still dinky but going in the right direction :) The diabetes is going ok with the diet too so I can potentially have as far as 40 weeks to go into spontaneous labour :) Fingers crossed, I really don't want a section!

Sorry some of you have had crap midwife experiences, all the midwives I have seen have been amazing.

I wish I could give blood, I had to have a transfusion with my last section and that rules me out for good :(

oo our lot dont have a half term :shrug: they were off Monday and Tuesday and that was it. The next holiday is from 29th march to 12th April.

cottleston - wow your veins sound worse than mine :haha: I think it took 45 minutes for me to fill the bag last time. When i phoned to say i was pregnant they didnt tell me how long or anything just said theyd sent a letter when i can give blood again. :shrug: So will just have to wait and see i suppose.
Oh no poor you! maybe a good idea to ask about it from your hand like Jenny suggested? Maybe then they could just stick a little canula in instead of needles in and out?
That wasnt very nice of the people to laugh at you :s thats pretty rude in my eyes :hugs:
Undies for me... I got some bridget jones parachutes lol. size 28 but they come right up over my tummy which will be good for my scar! I'm going to take some thin panty liners to stop my scar rubbing on them though.. a lot of ladies have said that realy helped.. plus it stops any sweat building up since my scar will be under my "flap" lol
Uh-oh is he making you feel like shit for not being able to help tidy???

Jenny - I think its something to do with the ink being in your blood stream or something. haha im glad seths still young.. holidays aren't too bad. if the suns out its just a case of taking him over the road to the park to run round for an hour or so.
And paper panties :S i cant imagine those being either comfortable or useful really lol.

Noo - how are you feeling hun?? Are you still feeling as sick?

Krafty - i have heard of lots of different things to do with your placenta.. id love to plant a tree on top of mine but dont have a garden lol.
Glad you had a good appointment :D Did they tell you how much baby weighs? or just the centile? I always just get told the weight.
Oh no i hope your birth goes ok this time and you dont need another transfusion hun. My sister had to have 2 transfusions after her 1st born. :hugs:

hope your all feeling good today. I had a good sleep.. didnt get up till 10 to 10 :happydance: Feeling a lil ill today but not too bad :) xxxx

I've seen a lot of people mention the panty liners on the scar thing... Think I'll get some just in case as if I have an incision it'll be tucked away!

Yeah just the usual with DH. My spd is so bad just now. Yesterday evening I got stuck on the floor after cleaning the dogs paw (dopey thing somehow stepped on a nail after jumping a fence :dohh: and DH wouldn't take responsibility for patching him up) and I've been making grinding popping noises ever since. Soooo painful.
I figured after looking after him and his man flu he might grant me a day in bed to relax but he's told me if I don't help him tidy, he'll chuck out any of my stuff that isn't worth keeping (in his opinion).

Morning Ladies!!! It's been a really long time since I have been on here... soo much to catch up on

Sorry to hear some of you are having issues with midwives. This is my first preg and I haven't even looked into a midwife :( But I understand not wanting to put up with pure rudeness.

Cottlestonepie I really hate to hear that your DH is treating you soo badly :( I started tearing up and clenching my fists as i read it. Wish there was something I could do to help you

Not sure if I mentioned this before but I have fibromyalgia and have been trying to ween off of my pain meds. Have been doing great went from 5-6 a day down to 1 a day in 2.5 weeks!!! but now it is getting really hard. I ran out of the meds and decided i wouldn't call the doctor cause i was already down to 1 a day, why not just stop? Well I was up for 30 hours straight in soo much pain and just pure uncomfortable :( So i gave in but now i feel bad and a little like a junky :( :( oh well... probably just the hormones

24 days until my 12 wk scan!!! Cannot wait and hopefully by the end of the month we will be getting a fetal doppler too to help ease a lot of my worries. Hope today is a good day for all you wonderful ladies

omg hun seriously if i lived close to you i would be slapping your dh. What the hell is his problem :dohh: See next time you tidy up hun just chuck all his shit into a box and tell him hes got 20 minutes to sort it or its going in the bin :growlmad: He makes me so angry treating you like this!! Has he not read the comments on your facebook about how you should be resting and he can manage for 1 day?!?!?!?! So sorry your being put through this when you are sore :hugs: :hugs: If it were my dh id be very tempted to send him on a holiday to his mothers house.
My mum said she used to put liners on her scars (she had a lot of ops after i was born with incisions in the same place as her section scar) and it helped a lot as long as you remember to let them have some air at some points in the day. Also been told that putting your hairdryer onto cold and drying it 4/5 times a day helps.

Kriscod - So sorry your in so much pain at the moment hun! Dont feel like a junky.. you need them for a reason. oooo the countdown will go quick for your scan :happydance: exciting times!! :D And doppler sounds good :thumbup: I wanted one but couldnt afford one.
xxx

Yup - Very sick! Though had my scan today and it has made me feel more positive :) Measuring around equal to my dates (giving me EDD of 30th September), good strong heartbeat and only one embryo :)

Pffft less of the midwife bashing.

Oh bless you Noo :hugs: I'm sure if you were our midwife we would all love you xxx

Cherry - maybe you've got bad indigestion as I've had terrible pains before and been digestive issues - hope it eases

Cottlestonpie - hope you manage to get some rest this evening from your achey bump.

Afm - my nipples are still really tender and sore been like it for a week now never had this with JJ.

I think i did hun was pretty gassy that night lol. but i feel ok today which im glad since im not working weekends. down to 5 more days left at work yayyyy!!!

Ooh cherry was half term this week where you are? It's next week here which means no swimming, soft play, etc... Not that I intended to anyway. But I always want to do more when I know I can't :haha:

Im now glad its the weekend and they go back to school monday lol i was in my work today with my sister and the place is dead :S weird usually weekends its packed but i guess i was up pretty early lol Im in edinburgh :)

I bought black undies as i heard those maternity paper pants things are pretty rubbish. so i bought a pack of 5 just now and stock up on the night time towels never like the thin liners when on time of the month lol but there ok for this discharge :| lol.

Sorry to hear about your man hun. Seems like he's forgetting your carrying babies not just one but even still we're all near the end of our pregnancy surely he could give you a break for a day. Men just seem like they cant handle things very well without us eh. how mean of him to say if you dont help he'll throw your stuff out he could put them to a side and let you sort them later...

xxx

OMG I just remembered

:cake: HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO NOO, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU :cake:

I hope you have had a good day hun. Im glad your scan went well :D :happydance:

Cottleston hun - how is your dh being with you now?? That pic of Toby asleep on fb was darn adorable <3 xxx

I just LOVE sneezing and peeing on myself! -_- anyone sense the sarcasm there? Bought a new couch today! Super excited mine looks like I pulled it outta the dump and the stupid covers never stay on!

So DH thought better of getting me out of bed and just left me a pile of stuff to sort through. Hooray! Toby spent the day with family so I stayed in bed til about 3pm then had a loooovely bath while DH took the dog to the vets. Felt much better after that!

I'm getting an additional pain now. Whatever side I sleep on I get pain in the shin bone. My left shin is currently soooo achey. Not sure if it's a calcium thing or a nerve thing or what... Might ring and ask the midwife on Monday. It's not from too much walking as I barely did anything all day.

Ah well. It's 3am so I hope everyone else is sleeping better than I am.

Oh, and YAAAAAAAAY! It's V Day!! :happydance:

hehe USAF - dont worry hun your not alone. :blush: Thats quite a common problem for me right now if i even slightly need a pee.

Cottleston - WOO Congrats on V day hun :happydance: Im glad dh left you in bed! You deserved to have a day relaxing after all you have been doing these last few weeks :hugs:
I'v never had a pain in my shin from sleeping on my side... usually whatever hip im laid on that hurts :shrug: deff worth asking about incase it is a calcium thing though :thumbup:
I'm with you on the no sleep hun. I woke at 2:30am to go pee... and haven't been to sleep since then. DH came to bed at 3 and started pestering for :sex: even though we had :sex: at 10pm.. so after half an hour i gave in. Que 4am arriving and me just trying to settle back to sleep... dh starts snoring in my ear, barging over my side of the bed and sweating majorly wetting the duvet :dohh: So i gave up at 5 when Seth woke up. Its going to be one interesting day with so little sleep.

xxx

Morning all! Yes, I had an okay birthday. We're pretty skint so didn't get pressies etc but my scan was lovely :) Was in bed by 9pm though as up early today as on shift this morning (about to leave!) - Bit mean really giving me an early the day after my birthday and just after nights!

Glad you had a good day hun. Were the same normally for my birthday, last year i got a £1 bar of chocolate from dh lol but it was great. he normally pesters for xbox games.. and has been telling me for the last 2 months what ones he wants this year.. although i cant for the life of me remember what they are :haha:

Oh wow they could have at least let you have a little lie in! Your going to be shattered. I hope you dont feel too sick today hun x

Glad you had a nice birthday Noo :-D

Its hubbys birthday today,29 years old. He may well be grumpy today though, as he dislikes his birthday.

Its my 30th March 5th. .... 30! I went into my 20's pregnant, and im leaving them pregnant too lol. Dont think il celebrate this year, im a bit too tired and moody for it all lpl.

Question : it may be weird but im asking anyway. The fat that hangs under the placenta, mine is firm in some areas and regular flab in others. Is that something to worry about or is it just from the fat being pressed close together cuz of LO. Im a bit of a hypochondriac so every lil change I notice

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->