Plus size & pregnant join here

:hi: kota!!

Welcome :D

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/180961019473?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

this is the one i will be getting xxx

Hey ladies thanks for the welcome :)
Sethsmummy Im not having too much of a bad time with sickness now but its usually smells that make me gag.
I've got the angel sounds fetal heart detector, i found it great in my last pregnancy....I'll have to have a search for it in the next few weeks.
How's everyone been?
x x

Iv not been too bad thanks hun. I was Tachycardic (or however you spell it) on thursday so that needs looked into more to see if its causing my dizzy spells. but they are not checking it again until after my scan at 21 weeks. Some smells still make me gag. Had to shut all doors and open windows when my hubby was making smoked bacon sandwiches.

Wish i had the money to buy a doppler now. would so put my mind at ease.. not heard heartbeat since i was 15 weeks!

Looked in my hospital notes the other day (midwife accidentally left them on the desk while she went out the room) .. and there was an anesthesiology risk thing in it.... there is no way they are making me get a damn epidural just because im fat! not a chance in hell. xx

Hey ladies,

Wow seems bit much for just being fat right.
I don't have money for doppler either and would really like one. As the council are being so much of a pain in the butt with my rent and such. Even my tax i can check online and it say account close but it has certain amount of money with cr next to it so i need to pop in.

Also because FOB has move in with me they asked for few things to work out the rent he's already handed them in but they sent yet another letter out saying they never received it :S i hate going over there on my own but i guess ill need to stuck it up and go over.

Ive been feeling better. all last week i was waking up and then having to be sick. since Saturday morning ive been ok which is strange but good lol.. Now on my 15th week :) x

Hey ladies,

Wow seems bit much for just being fat right.
I don't have money for doppler either and would really like one. As the council are being so much of a pain in the butt with my rent and such. Even my tax i can check online and it say account close but it has certain amount of money with cr next to it so i need to pop in.

Also because FOB has move in with me they asked for few things to work out the rent he's already handed them in but they sent yet another letter out saying they never received it :S i hate going over there on my own but i guess ill need to stuck it up and go over.

Ive been feeling better. all last week i was waking up and then having to be sick. since Saturday morning ive been ok which is strange but good lol.. Now on my 15th week :) x

they are a pain in the ass hun aint they. My hubby got laid off not so long ago and the amount of damn paper work they want to see. I hate going into places like that by myself too but even if hubby comes he just sits in the waiting room saying nothing lol Make sure you take in the letter that says he paid in the rent and then they cant argue.. or if he has the receipt... also make sure you a receipt for what you hand in when you go also xxx

Glad you are feeling better! and gz on week 15!!! :happydance:

they won't make you take an epi, but they will probably get an anethisist in to see you and check the epi spot in case something comes up where you will need one. the dosage may need to be changed depending on your weight/size, and they need to check they still have good access to the spinal point they put it, it's pretty standard and I'm sure you'll be fine!

they won't make you take an epi, but they will probably get an anethisist in to see you and check the epi spot in case something comes up where you will need one. the dosage may need to be changed depending on your weight/size, and they need to check they still have good access to the spinal point they put it, it's pretty standard and I'm sure you'll be fine!

I've never heard of them doing it where i live. Not even on my sister who is a bigger lady than me and does carry fat on her spine... im quite lucky and dont carry any on my spine. I dont mind them checking it as long as they are not rude about it but there will deffo not be an epi put in at all even for theatre. They will be told a spinal block or nothing as this is what i had with my last as epi failed spectacularly and caused major cramping in my legs x

I've never heard of them doing it where i live. Not even on my sister who is a bigger lady than me and does carry fat on her spine... im quite lucky and dont carry any on my spine. I dont mind them checking it as long as they are not rude about it but there will deffo not be an epi put in at all even for theatre. They will be told a spinal block or nothing as this is what i had with my last as epi failed spectacularly and caused major cramping in my legs x

ah fair enough, you sound happy enough to stand up to them about it so thats the main thing! :thumbup:

oh yes! when i had my first the hospital listened to nothing i said at all. The care was appalling and the maternity unit is under investigation with possible closure. I had far too much intervention during my labour although wasn't told anything during it or throughout my pregnancy either.

So i have prewarned my midwife and consultant this time round i know what i want and i will fight to get it unless there is a strong medical reason i cant have it. I was hoping for a problem free pregnancy and fully natural water birth. The problem free part has vanished already as it was found on Thursday i am Tachycardic, but hoping that resolves itself :dohh:

I cant stand when medical staff are horrid to women because they are too big. There is a right way to go about it and a wrong way.. and unfortunately most of them go about it the wrong way. I'v been quite lucky in my new hospital as they have been really nice so far and my weight hasnt been mentioned (yet) as Iv not put on a single pound yet and my midwife is a big lady herself so hasnt said anything either :D

hello ladies, how are you all doing :flower:

have a look plse :kiss:
https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/pregnancy-second-trimester/1288311-helloooooo-2nd-tri.html

awww your scan pic is gorgeous hun!! I'v been doing good the last 2 days :D Not too bad weather and had little one at the park today :D xxx

Got that council this sorted. ooh im not entitled to the healthy start voucher because i have no benfit :(

glad you got that sorted hun. Ahh that sucks im entitled to them atm but not need to get the form off the midwife when i see them next x

stucks i wil let midwife know they said i wasnt entitled :( oh wells least i know i get the grant as its my first baby lol that will help me out then ill get benfits once baby is born haha will have to re-apply lol xx

the grant came in real handy for me when i had my first. I got almost 80% of his things with it! x

Measuring 6+1 saw hb flicker but doc won't confrim it till im 6+5 I guess to save their butts? I dunno she saw it and pointed it out even though I already noticed :cloud9: SO! Scan next week AGAIN.

Measuring 6+1 saw hb flicker but doc won't confrim it till im 6+5 I guess to save their butts? I dunno she saw it and pointed it out even though I already noticed :cloud9: SO! Scan next week AGAIN.

WOO congrats hun! and even more congrats on getting to have another scan next week :D It's so amazing seeing the difference in such a short time frame x

Hi Ladies,

I am loving this thread! Can I join please?

At my booking in appointment I was 143kg, 5ft 9.5" and bmi 46 I think! So definately very plus sized and pregnant! :haha:

I am 16+3 pregnant with my first! (SO excited its ridiculous) had a midwife appointment yesterday and got to hear the heartbeat for the first time, awww it was so amazing! :cloud9:

Hi Ladies,

I am loving this thread! Can I join please?

At my booking in appointment I was 143kg, 5ft 9.5" and bmi 46 I think! So definately very plus sized and pregnant! :haha:

I am 16+3 pregnant with my first! (SO excited its ridiculous) had a midwife appointment yesterday and got to hear the heartbeat for the first time, awww it was so amazing! :cloud9:

:hi: Hey hun and welcome to plus size and pregnant :D

Aww its amazing hearing HB for the first time.. I'v only heard my babies once so far and its killing me waiting to hear it again. 1 week and 6 days to go :)

how are you finding your midwifes so far with being plus size... i hope they have been nothing but nice xxx

My midwife is lovely :) im happy happy.

today i found at work that when i get my appiontments i get those days of and paid to. ive heard people saying this but my work have never told me this lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->