Plus size & pregnant join here

SPARKLE - hey huni how are you doing????

Mercy - Wow that really is rather good... Super Sperm or what lol. We conceived first time with our first but it took us 15 months with this little bean. Am i right in thinking you'll be 7 or 8 weeks then. Which is quite good, i never got my booking appointment until i was 10 weeks pregnant. You really do have little miracle children :D Either that or those sperm come with a Sat Nav and some NOS :haha:

USA - I will keep my fingers crossed for you but I am sure you will be fine :D I think thats the reason in the uk they wont scan before 12 weeks unless you don't know your dates or have a scare.

Laurajade - :hi: Congratulations on your BFP hun! And welcome to psap:D

It's nice having everyone here, i feel a lot better chatting in here than most of the other boards as i feel its different for us bigger ladies.

Lots of <3 and baby :dust: to all :D

Sethsmummy I normally would not have a scan till 10 weeks but the emergency room here ordered one for me. I am starting to calm down some as ive had two totally healthy babies and this is hopefully my 3rd hah. I am sooo tired and feeling sick often so I am sure im progressing fine.

USA - aah I see yup if your feeling sick thats a plus sign lol. I still feel sick now :S thought it would have went away by now but nope. I was put on baby aspirin at 16 weeks 1 day, but since starting them i have been have really bad dizzy spells and loosing my balance. So was advised two days ago to stop taking them and have to go see my consultant again on Thursday x

:hi: Jamiesmammy :hi: How are you feeling hun.. do you have the horrid morning sickness too? xxxxx

Ugh everything is making me paranoid today. I've had a sore thigh so obviously I've decided I've got DVT. Then my fingers swelled a bit in church so then I decided I have pre-eclampsia. I'm such a hypochondriac when i'm pregnant.

Found a lovely strong heartbeat with the doppler after lunch which made me feel better.

Welcome to all the new ladies :)

Ugh everything is making me paranoid today. I've had a sore thigh so obviously I've decided I've got DVT. Then my fingers swelled a bit in church so then I decided I have pre-eclampsia. I'm such a hypochondriac when i'm pregnant.

Found a lovely strong heartbeat with the doppler after lunch which made me feel better.

Welcome to all the new ladies :)

hahahaha And there was me thinking I was the only one!! I'm constantly like that hun!! My body is a shitbag and i get constant pain in different places most days... especially my hip right now I could just :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: with the amount of pain i am in but i know its only going to get worse... my poor little one was giving my belly and hip lots of kisses this evening thinking that "magic kisses" will make mummy better <3

I was thinking of getting a doppler but not totally sure about it yet. Are they really that good... I think i'd panick if i couldnt find the heart beat x

I was lucky enough for my cousin to borrow us her doppler when I was pregnant with DD. It REALLY came in handy, because after 4 MC's I was a bit of a worry-wart. This time we bought our own, the one my cousin has. It's the Angelsounds fetal doppler and it puts my mind at ease. We've been able to find LO's HB since 13(ish) weeks and I think I only didn't find it sooner because I was looking too high... :dohh:

Think i might just invest in one. There is an angel sounds one on ebay for £30 and its a digital one too. Would be good for days when baby is quiet. x

Oh, that's good. Mine's not even digital and was about £20-£25. I'd recommend it, it's nice even just hearing baby "swimming" about in there. If I can't find the HB right away it's funny hearing karate-chop sounds! :haha:

lol baby kicked the midwives doppler last time. Would certainly put my mind at ease getting one since the consultant/midwive didnt bother to check babies heart beat at my 16 week check up x

Little later comer to the group. I dont really go into groups and discussions lol
I'm 24 years old, first pregnancy. i did lose nearly 2 stone which i know ill shal gain right back now. I'm not to worry about it right now. I'm 14wks and 2days.

Just heard the heartbeat for the first time today and i thought it may have been hard to find because im overweight. Took midwife awhile since her Doppler needed the battery's replaced and she had called for the other midwife whom found it right away.

Best sound ive heard.

Hope you guys dont mind me joining a little late and thank you sethsmummy for sending me the link. :D

Had a scan today measuring 5 +4 even though by my period im 6 weeks but there is a sac and a yolk sac so re scan in a week and im feeling a little better.

Welcome to all the ladies who joined recently :flower:
How are all the wonderful ladies of this group feeling?? I have missed you all :hugs: i have not been doing to well have this terrible cold that wont go away & dh left yesterday :cry: so will see him when im 16 weeks
(he works away 4 weeks then home 4 weeks)

I have another scan on monday & i get to see the midwife again & hopefully will be able to hear lil munchkins hearbeat for the 1st time :happydance:

i just realized that i never posted mt 1st or 2nd scan pics :doh:

https://imageshack.us/a/img836/5018/babyz.jpg
8week scan

https://imageshack.us/a/img835/5451/baby2d.jpg
11 week scan (i think)

im really thinking of getting a doppler to suprise hubby when he gets home, so that he too can hear lil munchkins heart beat..
im pretty big & scared i wont find the heartbeat :dohh:
I cant believe that i am 12 weeks wow just 1 week then i move over to 2nd tri :wacko: wow its flying by

Dont worry about not hearing heartbeat im sure you will im over weight and i thought same thing. Heard the heartbeat on tuesday after getting second midwife in she found it right away my midwife well her doppler needed batteries replaced lol then she found it again.

Love the piks to

Im ok, wasnt feeling to good early but that has past Yay

The Doppler is a great idea to get. FOB is on holiday right now and he missed the heartbeat also so i wanna buy a doppler to or the angelsound one.

Best sound ever to xxx

I really recommend the Angelsounds one. I'm much bigger this time and still got to hear HB at around 12/13weeks (I can't remember now! :dohh: ) I'd have found it sooner, only I was looking abit too high as I was scared of going too low because sometimes my C-sec scar is still sore, seeing as it's only been 6months!!

It would be a brilliant suprise for him!

ladies which Angel sound doppler do you recommend??? pics or links plse

Angelsounds Fetal Heart Detector. I got mine on Amazon.

Attachments

• Fetal%20Doppler.jpg
    Fetal%20Doppler.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 0
i have a sonoline B doppler with displays the actual heartrate. it was $50 from ebay. ive been finding HB since 10+5 and yes im a bigger girl ( US size 16) and i had the little 'pooch'.
i had been looking since about 9+2 with no luck but once i did find it, i easily found it every time thereafter.

Hello ladies! Can I join in here please! I'm a UK/Aust 22/24 an this is my 2nd pregnancy, will be nice to chat to other 'bigger' ladies throughout the journey, :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->