Plus size & pregnant join here

Wow thats good! I knew they had to give you the time off you needed but didnt think they had to pay you.

and glad your midwife is nice cherry :) Mine is too so far :) x

So far so good! :thumbup: I was actually terrified at my first appoinment that she would be horrible to me but as soon as I saw her I breathed a huge sigh of relief because was really big too!! :haha:

She never mentioned my weight at all and just put on my notes shared care!

Then I was nervous all over again for the first scan but she didn't say a word either, found baby straight away which was a huge relief!

Then my appointment on Wednesday was supposed to be with the same midwife as the first time but she was on a training day so it was someone else and she has been the nicest yet! Woohoo!! She went through my blood test results and couldn't get over how good my iron levels were....she kept saying 'that is actualy amazing' and then she goes 'you must have a fantastic diet' :haha::haha::haha:
it was so hard not to laugh!!!

So fingers crossed everyone else along the way is just as nice!!

So far so good! :thumbup: I was actually terrified at my first appoinment that she would be horrible to me but as soon as I saw her I breathed a huge sigh of relief because was really big too!! :haha:

She never mentioned my weight at all and just put on my notes shared care!

Then I was nervous all over again for the first scan but she didn't say a word either, found baby straight away which was a huge relief!

Then my appointment on Wednesday was supposed to be with the same midwife as the first time but she was on a training day so it was someone else and she has been the nicest yet! Woohoo!! She went through my blood test results and couldn't get over how good my iron levels were....she kept saying 'that is actualy amazing' and then she goes 'you must have a fantastic diet' :haha::haha::haha:
it was so hard not to laugh!!!

So fingers crossed everyone else along the way is just as nice!!

woo thats good to hear hun!! Mine have been nothing but nice so far too. Your midwife sounds good though mine just stuck my bloodwork results in my notes and didnt explain them at all. Even the consultant doesn't explain what he writes down! x

Welcome Lynds :flower:

Wow am so glad you all had amazing expierence with your mid wives :thumbup:!!
after hearing such horrid stories i was really freaked out too..

I had really lovely midwives too, she too was very impressed @ my iron level & esp sugar levels which was really really good to hear.. Hearing lil munchkins heart beat for the 1st time was very overwhelming luckily i didnt sob like a baby :haha: lol..
Also they did my blood pressure reading & i was shocked to find how high it was all of a sudden, i never had ant blood pressure issues before, because of that & my high bmi of 41 i am now in the hands of a gynae.. the midwife did help me with choosing the right gynae(as in who will listen to me & just treat me with respect & do the little extra needed) coz i had 2 before that sucked(thats a whole other chapter lol)..

Was told to see gynae on Wed to check bp again, if it still high i need to go on meds.. wednes it was still high, had a chat with gynae.. i didnt seem too concerned to put me on meds yet.. but futher in my pregnancy if it goes up more then i will get meds.

So that has beem my journey this week. Also had my nt scan on Monday lil munchkin has grown so much was so amazing to see, esp sucking his/ her thumb.. good news is lil by looks good & healthy :happydance:!!!

& in 6 weeks 29th Nov we find out if our munckin is a :pink: or :blue:!!!!!!

how are all you other ladies doing???
@sethmommy you should be finding out soon right????

Oh just wondering have any of you ladies taken bump pics yet ???
i will be taking my 1st pics this weekend :happydance: but no sure if im brave enuf to post it :blush: yet though :haha::haha:

Hey ladies! Sounds like you have lovely midwives. I see a different doctor everytime because my husband is Air Force and we never get to see the same doctor sometimes we are lucky to get them a few times in a row if they are not over booked. My last was a fluffy older lady I liked her a lot I am not going to be seeing a woman this next time I really am not to comfy with it but my hubby will be there this time to see the next scan so I guess I will live. I have been so sick I can barely stand it and having to go to the bathroom so often is rather annoying I asked the doctor about it because I thought that was not till later on apparently not and even more so since its my third...

YES YES YES 12 days!! 31st here we come...

oh no sparkle... bp problems dont sound good. Thankfully mine is ok so far its my heart rate thats the problem for me :wacko:

I posted some on first tri I think.. not done a 2nd tri yet though... might just try and do one though so you can see :D

USAF-WIFE - sucks that you dont get to see the same person all the time! And omg i feel for you with the peeing... im the same.. at least once every hour or less! Takes the mick lol sometimes its like theres no point getting off the loo sometimes :haha:

oh no sparkle... bp problems dont sound good. Thankfully mine is ok so far its my heart rate thats the problem for me :wacko:

I posted some on first tri I think.. not done a 2nd tri yet though... might just try and do one though so you can see :D

USAF-WIFE - sucks that you dont get to see the same person all the time! And omg i feel for you with the peeing... im the same.. at least once every hour or less! Takes the mick lol sometimes its like theres no point getting off the loo sometimes :haha:

LOL! I know right? So frustrating!

I heard my baby heartbeat at my first appointment last Saturday, it was awesome. The doctor thought we wouldn't hear it but it was a good one too! I go for my first ultrasound this Tuesday ... can't wait. Oh!! According to the date the doctor said, im in my second trimester now =D

i know it sucks i was looking up information & came across a lot of scary stuff..
they also dont know why it went up all of a sudden, lots of rest is all he said... im going to try & find some decent non scary advice on this

Hi ladies! Mind of I join?
I'm a fuller figured preggy lady.... About 7 weeks at the moment.
Love hearing about all your lovely midwives. I had a rotten old lady last time who insisted on weighing and lecturing me at least once a fortnight. Hopefully I'll get a nice understanding lady this time! Especially since I had a relatively good labour and delivery with DS so there's no reason to suspect my weight will cause any issues.

Realbeauty - aww glad you got to hear heartbeat... first time i heard my babies i grinned like a lunatic.. not heard it since though :(. Good luck for your u/s tomorrow :D x

Sparkle - I agree with the lots of rest hun, could mean Pre-E which sucks majorly. But if you were nervous/aggitated or had just done a fair bit of walking etc that could also cause it to go up a little.

Cottlestonpie - :hi: Hey hun, damn sucks that you had a rotten midwife last time... FX that you will have a lovely lady like the rest of us seem to have! I'v not been asked to weigh again since my booking appointment.. lol i took it upon myself to do it last time when i was at the hospital and on their scales it said i hadnt put any weight on at all... i was really impressed lol. And if you do get a rotten one then just make sure you tell them nice and clear you had no problems last time and they should shut up lol. I couldnt do that though as I had a few problems.. hoping this time is plain sailing... maybe lol. i was tachycardic last time (pulse was 115) but hoping at my scan next week it will be back to normal :D xxx

i know this is a stupid question but whats fx mean lol i keep seeing ppl using it

IT'S (probably) A BOY :blue:

Baby had the cord between his legs but the US tech said "I think there's more than cord there..." but she couldn't say 100%. We go back in 2 weeks to get some measurements that baby was too awkward to offer :haha: So hopefully we'll know for sure then. OH's convinced he seen "a big set of balls" <- his words :dohh: Tbh, I thought I did too! So excited to have one of each!! :happydance:

Ultrasound today to make sure everything is fine and hopefully confirm the heartbeat that was seen last time. Really nervous but that's standard.

LOL at big set of balls! Congrats... I'm biased but boys are awesome :D
Good luck with the scan USAF wife. Post piccies if you get them :thumbup:

Thank you! Oh and boys are deff awesome I have one of each atm though!

Congrats on the little boy hun. At least you can go back and see baby again lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->