Plus size & pregnant join here

Hi ladies.

I'm freaking out a little bit over here. I stumbled across the nhs page on obesity and pregnancy and I've really upset myself.
The page said "More than half of women who die during pregnancy are overweight or obese. "
I have a feeling that this is a bit of a throwaway comment, but am really worrying now! :(

Eugh, I found that page when I was pregnant with my first! Horrible page and not at all helpful! It's great to say if you can, get to a healthy weight being pregnant but there should be some proper good advice on how to have a healthy pregnancy when overweight as by the time we're pregnant it's too late and there's no point scaring us!

I personally would recommend trying to have as natural a birth as possible with as little intervention as its often intervention that leads to these scary stats.

I had my son with half my labour using breathing techniques and the second half just gas and air. Even though they wanted me to have an epidural ASAP because it would be "easier" for them! This birth I am aiming for a home birth.

I believe that it is more dangerous to gain excessive weight in pregnancy than it is to start off being overweight so if you can just think about eating healthily and keeping fit,that will be great for baby xx

Welcome back Miwi, Maisie is gorgeous!!!

Cute pics Seths, your boys are so handsome :)

I'm getting my head round being excited about having a week to go, still sort of hoping I'll go into labour before then, was going to try and convince the hubby to a spot of 'inducing' tonight, but he's a proper grumpy git tonight so I'm going to bed to sleep lol.

Shattered! Just got in from work. Horrendous shift. Really must be something in the water the last few weeks :(

Congrats miwi!!!! Nice to see u back. We were all rooting for you while u were away =)
I hope all is well now!

Thanks ladies :D

I totally agree with you all about how intervention leads to these scary births! I think if i hadn't had as much intervention with Seth then i could have had a nice normal birth. And i so dont agree with these docs that want an epidural in straight away because it will be easier for them... that really gets me angry.

Krafty - omg omg a week! Cant wait for baby pictures!! :happydance: I think men are just grumpy most of the time these days lol

Noo - Im so sorry you had a bad shift hun, hoping tomorrow is a better day for you!

AFM - its 5am and iv had next to no sleep. Ethan has caught the cold from Seth and I so hes been coughing and struggling to breathe through his stuffy nose. So iv been sat all night trying to keep him elevated. He's now finally settled in his swing which is keeping his upright for me. But i dont see the point in trying to goto sleep as i feel wide awake and its almost up time :(

xxxxxxx

Thanks everyone :)

I agree about the intervention, next time (if there is one!) I will give my body a chance to do things itself.

Day off today, tomorrow and Sat :) Yay! Got my 12 week scan tomorrow and really nervous! Hoping to be able to properly announce my pregnancy after my scan :)

Hey ladies wow this thread as picked up a bit hasn't it. lol just quickly popping in. Seths those piks are super cute :)

Andd...Um my mind has just gone blank :| lol i cant remember anything else i just read there lol.

My pain on my side has nearly complete gone :) started to get some light period cramps on my pubic area ( i guess thats where you'd normal get period cramps right) lol slept alot longer today aswell. I got up twice for a pee i got up at 7am like normal but i just went to the second time to the loo and thought feck it im going back to bed lol to cold we ran out of gas lol stupid machine is taking extra money of us as debt :( guess we did use the emergany tenner lol like this time last year ryan says it will have taking interest of us aswell :( boo.

But lucky he gets paid tomorrow. I aint feeling this cold like him.

Just made some pancakes with chocolate spread on them filled me up yum :) nothing much else to update today. Just hoping it wont be to long now until this little lady shows lol. xx

Afternoon ladies. Everyone ok?

Iv had a busy day today. Bought Freya a new bike, and got all the last bits for angels and mobsters dress up day at school tomo. Can't wait :-D
Just cut Leo's hair into a mohawk :-D

Good luck for your scan Noo, I hope it goes really well for you!

Cherry - Im glad your pain is gone! Little miss must be moving down by the sounds of it :D Urgh its crap when you run out of gas isn't it! I put £15 on the meter on Friday.. it was down to £3 by yesterday! We really need some nice weather and soon so I dont need to put the darn heating on all the time to keep Ethan and Seth warm. Those pancakes sound rather lush num num

Hey Jenny - Im ok thanks hun.. feeling shattered! BUT on a plus Ethan has just had a 3oz bottle at 3pm.. thats the most he has drank since yesterday. Sounds like you have had a really good day :D I forgot all about red nose day so poor seths got nothing to dress up as. I should just let him go in his pjs hahaha.
I am soooo looking forward to bed time tonight. Think it will be around 9pm after Ethans had a bottle. xxx

Noo- Enjoy tomorrow and have fun announcing!

Cherry-Glad you are getting better, I feel lucky I never have to worry about heating here in base housing and can use as much as I like.

Jenny- Sounds like you had a busy but fun day hun have fun with the kids and school tomorrow!

Seths- I totally feel you on looking foward to bed time!

I had a horrible night stayed up cleaning the kids were up just as late and Braiden fought sleep for 45 mins and he slept bad, bad dreams. Me.. I got cramps constantly from 2-6am I was getting quite worried but they tapered off so I guess Fallon was just trolling me! Today has been just as sh*t Alix has been HORRIBLE all day and scratched the inside of Braiden's eye and ive not been able to get a hold of my husband. Nap in a few mins and I swear I mighttttt beat my daughter if she does not behave. >.>

Good luck for your scan Noo, I hope it goes really well for you!

Cherry - Im glad your pain is gone! Little miss must be moving down by the sounds of it :D Urgh its crap when you run out of gas isn't it! I put £15 on the meter on Friday.. it was down to £3 by yesterday! We really need some nice weather and soon so I dont need to put the darn heating on all the time to keep Ethan and Seth warm. Those pancakes sound rather lush num num

Hey Jenny - Im ok thanks hun.. feeling shattered! BUT on a plus Ethan has just had a 3oz bottle at 3pm.. thats the most he has drank since yesterday. Sounds like you have had a really good day :D I forgot all about red nose day so poor seths got nothing to dress up as. I should just let him go in his pjs hahaha.
I am soooo looking forward to bed time tonight. Think it will be around 9pm after Ethans had a bottle. xxx

I did have a good day, untill I took the kids dinners into the living room for them, came back to the kitchen and Bo had his face in my dinner, so no dinner for me tonight, I refuse to cook again. I tell you he is lucky I didn't remove his balls through his mouth, the little shit lol, I cried. Yeah p.j day is cool, depends if the school has a theme.

Does Ethan not like to drink much? Hope he is ok.

Noo- Enjoy tomorrow and have fun announcing!

Cherry-Glad you are getting better, I feel lucky I never have to worry about heating here in base housing and can use as much as I like.

Jenny- Sounds like you had a busy but fun day hun have fun with the kids and school tomorrow!

Seths- I totally feel you on looking foward to bed time!

I had a horrible night stayed up cleaning the kids were up just as late and Braiden fought sleep for 45 mins and he slept bad, bad dreams. Me.. I got cramps constantly from 2-6am I was getting quite worried but they tapered off so I guess Fallon was just trolling me! Today has been just as sh*t Alix has been HORRIBLE all day and scratched the inside of Braiden's eye and ive not been able to get a hold of my husband. Nap in a few mins and I swear I mighttttt beat my daughter if she does not behave. >.>

What a hectic day for you hun, I hope tomorrow is a better one for you all.

I need help. I'm so sore and tired all the time that im forgetting really important things like turning off the oven. I've done it 3 times this month. I'm starting to feel like I really can't cope. The thing DH said about being frustrated that he can't help more seems now like a cover up for his tantrum the other morning and he didn't mean it. He comes home from work and does so much overtime that even when he's in the house he isn't here to help. He just criticises constantly. I KNOW that forgetting the oven is dangerous but he doesn't see it as a sign that I need help but instead it's just a sign of my incompetence, so he just gets pissy and nothing changes. I can't do this for much longer.

Aw Cottles :hugs: You need a break. If your DH can't see it is there anyone else you can turn to for help? Even if you just leave Toby with a friend for an hour or maybe a relative can help once a week? I'm sorry your DH is being so insensitive, your pregnant with twins for goodness sake, you need taking care of every now and again!!

There's no one else most days but luckily mum has Fridays off work so she's popping round to help out tomorrow. DHs uncle also got me one of those litter picker upperers so I don't have to bend down so much to tidy up :haha:

Did I mention he told me to get a job if I wanted more help? I walked away at that point. He's obviously insane. :dohh:

Cottlestone - :hugs: your hubby is infuriating. Hope you manage to get some rest

Noo - good luck for today scan ! Sorry you've had a bad shift again :hugs:

Miwi - gorgeous girl congrats, sorry to hear your bluey but glad you've found some meds that are helping.

Seth - love the picture update :)

There's no one else most days but luckily mum has Fridays off work so she's popping round to help out tomorrow. DHs uncle also got me one of those litter picker upperers so I don't have to bend down so much to tidy up :haha:

Did I mention he told me to get a job if I wanted more help? I walked away at that point. He's obviously insane. :dohh:

Oh my god Cottles, never mind insane, he needs a straight jacket :haha:

I've been up with little miss since 4am . . . Feeling surprisingly productive though lol. Went out yesterday with a bottle of expressed milk and it was lovely to not have to worry about where I was going to feed her (no way I'm feeding in public). I'm so lucky she doesn't have nipple confusion!
She got all dressed up for the occassion
https://i1286.photobucket.com/albums/a602/miwi_spud/34ef0cc3a7bf1df32cfabe00b9816d94_zpsc0605840.jpg

I can see my new found love of baby clothes getting expensive lol

She really is... And that outfits lovely!
My next door neighbour is (very early) pregnant. She already has 2 girls so she really wants a boy. I'm secretly hoping she has another girl so I can buy her a bunch of outfits :D

Forgot to post yesterday's bump pic. Although if youre on facebook you've probably seen it by now.. 27+4...

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v332/kjrandom/9A54A62F-3CF2-4885-B1C9-B24A9F44D993-1411-0000018C35A3E926_zps282389f5.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->