Plus size & pregnant join here

Saw my blob and im only measuring 4 days behind with a good heartbeat!

CHEZ - CONGRATULATIONS HUN!!! argh im so impatient for my scan! one week today. Oooo i didn't know they would ask you back :D you get to see bubbs again and hopefully cord wont be in the way. haha and if he thinks "big balls" now just you wait to see his reaction when baby comes out coz they look huge on a newborn lol

realbeauty - good luck for you scan hun!

USAF - Congrats hun! I aws measuring 6 days behind my date so they changed my due date.. to near the MIL's... haha baby is so not coming out on that date. So glad baby has a good heartbeat though <3

DD had her legs crossed at her 20w scan too... :dohh: They call you back here if they can't get all the measurements - seeing as it's an anomaly scan, they need to make sure that everything is present and correct :thumbup: They don't call you back just for a sexing scan. DD was in a position that they couldn't see a certain view of her spine (they need a few) and her kidneys. I'm not sure what they couldn't find out on this LO, I'm just glad we go back and can double check that he is indeed a boy before OH gets carried away buying things. He's already bought LO a (CUTE!) suit for his mums wedding in May next year! :haha:

Here's the picture we got :cloud9:

Attachments

• dex.jpg
    dex.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 3
DD had her legs crossed at her 20w scan too... :dohh: They call you back here if they can't get all the measurements - seeing as it's an anomaly scan, they need to make sure that everything is present and correct :thumbup: They don't call you back just for a sexing scan. DD was in a position that they couldn't see a certain view of her spine (they need a few) and her kidneys. I'm not sure what they couldn't find out on this LO, I'm just glad we go back and can double check that he is indeed a boy before OH gets carried away buying things. He's already bought LO a (CUTE!) suit for his mums wedding in May next year! :haha:

Here's the picture we got :cloud9:

awwww that is such a nice pic. awww hehe I bought my son his first suit when he was tiny too 0-3 months and it had a nice pair of black pants, white shirt and a gold waist coat. my hubby has already been "window shopping" for girls clothes lol. I hope my bubbs co operates this time round unlike the 12 week scan. but i wont complain if i have to go back that means it would only be 2 weeks to see baby again, then 5 weeks instead of 7 lol. x

Yeah sethsmummy ive measured 4 days behind consistently they told me its not enough to change my date but if I got by the ultrasound its the 9th of June but by my period its the 5th of June. Either way my kids come 4 days early so neither date will be correct hah! I go back the 6th for what should have been my one and only scan at my first OB appointment.

Yeah sethsmummy ive measured 4 days behind consistently they told me its not enough to change my date but if I got by the ultrasound its the 9th of June but by my period its the 5th of June. Either way my kids come 4 days early so neither date will be correct hah! I go back the 6th for what should have been my one and only scan at my first OB appointment.

baby may have caught up by the 6th and not be 4 days behind. its amazing how much they grow between scans! your lucky.. my first had to be evicted at 6 days over and he was still super stubborn. Hoping this one wants to come out on time. Going by my period i was due 8th march, and by scan its the 13th march. But baby would not show itself properly so the lady couldnt get a proper measurement.. so it could all change next week at my anomoly scan lol.

Its nice getting to see baby loads. I saw my little boy at 7+3 and he was just a splodge on the screen... then 12 weeks he was a fully formed baby... its amazing. this time round im looking forward to seeing the different between all my scans since i get extra ones this time x

The difference is amazing! I had 11 scans altogether with DD. She was breech so measurements were off because of the position she was in... there was various other reasons too. :dohh: They even pointed out her hair floating about on one scan, amazing! I had my final one before my C-sec to make sure she was still breech I couldn't make anything out really :haha: Earliest I've seen is this LO at 11+2 though...

awwww that must have been amazing to be able to see things like hair.

7 weeks they just look like a splodge with a little flicker lol.

I get 5 scans in total with this one.. or more if i need called back for anomoly. They want to keep an eye on babies size.. and i think they are expecting me to have some huge baby... but to say my first was only 5lb 14oz im not expecting much bigger this time. My sister and I were a tiny 3lb 12 and 3lb 14 at birth (were not twins). And i seem to have taken after my mum and my sister has the big bruiser babies. Which tbh im so glad about as i prefer my lickle babies to chunky babies. I dont think id know what to do with a chunky baby.. haha im used to baby/toddler with next to no fat on haha. x

Eek, been given a date for my ELCS! I am beyond shocked at how soon the consultant booked it... I can change my mind at any point. She won't let me labour long if I choose to VBAC and she won't induce me. I'd like to have asked if I was to have an EMCS if I could be awake for it but I've only just thought of that now... :shrug:

aww wow... whate date have you got hun and how far on will you be? xx

7th March, 39weeks - just like DD was. I'm going to have a looooong think about what to do!

awww wow. Are you not sure whether you want elcs or vbac hun? x

Not 100% at this point. Swaying more for an ELCS as I know what to expect with that!

yeah its scary when you dont know how it will go. Im crapping myself about natural labour as i was induced with my first. But then again im pretty scared about the whole thing going wrong again. I told my consultant im gonna be a labouring woman from hell! haha x

Sethsmummy, I'm the opposite... I'm terrified of induction as I went into labour naturally 3 days before due date last time and it was nice and quick. I don't think I could handle being induced!

Chez, good luck with your decision, either way it'll be well worth it!

Sethsmummy, I'm the opposite... I'm terrified of induction as I went into labour naturally 3 days before due date last time and it was nice and quick. I don't think I could handle being induced!

Chez, good luck with your decision, either way it'll be well worth it!

If possible hun go natural. I hated being induced. too many people in and out poking about.. I had to have constant monitoring with the tummy straps so couldnt move off the bed for most of my labour. ended in assisted delivery and they damaged my sons head.

x

Oh that sounds horrible :hugs: Unless anything happens that requires induction like pre-eclampsia or something, I'll definitely be going natural. It was pretty quick last time, I had very few internal checks, and I've heard so many induction horror stories of it taking days and being painful.... So ill be going into labour naturally with gas and air for pain relief. At least that the plan lol

I got an appointment through the post to see the anaesthetist on christmas eve!! As if! Firstly I am going to give VBA2C a go so hoping I won't even need him, and secondly, christmas eve? Needless to say it's been rearranged for the new year!

it was cottleston. It traumatised me but the whole care i got right throughout my pregnancy was substandard. I didnt get to see my son before he was took away to nicu.. not even a 2 second peek at his face ( but i suppose thats because of the cut he had). I didnt get to hold him or see him properly till 8:30am the day after he was born. I wanna go natural this time and theyv been told i wast as little intervention as possible.

this was him in the NICU - https://i46.tinypic.com/14sdwtf.jpg

I got an appointment through the post to see the anaesthetist on christmas eve!! As if! Firstly I am going to give VBA2C a go so hoping I won't even need him, and secondly, christmas eve? Needless to say it's been rearranged for the new year!

hahaha omg are they taking the p!ss. Christmas eve... id be telling them where to stick it too. I dont even think buses run christmas eve. They dont half give you some stupid appointments. Although i had an op on boxing day lol. was ok though coz it was quiet and it went quick too x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->