Plus size & pregnant join here

Im super excited :-D

Just 22 days to go till I have the section.

Baby is hiccuping every day now, on round 2 at the moment :-D

Im super excited :-D

Just 22 days to go till I have the section.

Baby is hiccuping every day now, on round 2 at the moment :-D

Really close hun! Hiccups are awesome eh? Jiggles my whole belly when Fallon does it. :haha:

I forgot who's naming their baby niamh, I think that's it. I see a lady on TV with the same name. Now I can pronounce it lol its def a unique one

:hi: Caitrin :hi: welcome to pp&p :kiss:

Sorry im not on much atm ladies. having a bit of a rough time with Ethan just now we have now gone from being constipated and having hard poo... to him struggling and straining all day and it coming out very watery. :dohh: I think a trip to the GP is in order. he is also really unsettled between his feeds at the moment.. it takes ages to calm him down and even then he is having times where he wakes up crying. And to say he's not a cryer..thats a big thing.

I hope you are all ok xxxxxx

I forgot who's naming their baby niamh, I think that's it. I see a lady on TV with the same name. Now I can pronounce it lol its def a unique one

That would be me :-D
Iv heard the name around a couple of times, but its not common in England. It's ss common as Emma or Sarah in Ireland though.

Iv heard the name around a couple of times, but its not common in England. It's ss common as Emma or Sarah in Ireland though.

I thought it was you Jenny, I tried to search to make sure but could not find it. I am awful about being wrong and getting all :blush: about it! Pfft on me for not posting! LOL!

Its just so happens that the lady was from Ireland. Its crazy, I've never came across someone with that name in the U.S

Its just so happens that the lady was from Ireland. Its crazy, I've never came across someone with that name in the U.S

You have Neve Campbell (think she's Canadian though?) but obviously it's not spelt the same way :)

Hi everyone I'm back sorry I haven't been on here for a while now any ways told u ladies I'm having a baby boy already new thing is they started me on progstral it's a shot from keeping me not to contract too too too early as my history of Mis. And premuture dilivery going to be every week ontill 36 weeks if I make it that far good news is my cervix is still closed and I wish it stays closed till its time and I moved to my own place still see my parents I'm close to there house but so far so good life's changed and I'm happy to the way things are how's every one been doing btw weather was beautiful b 4 I moved that is lol 55 degrees but now it's like down to the 30 again ahhhhh get it over with already it's time for some hot weather

:dohh:

I thought it was you Jenny, I tried to search to make sure but could not find it. I am awful about being wrong and getting all :blush: about it! Pfft on me for not posting! LOL!

Lol im the same, im sure our babies steal part of pur brains lol

You have Neve Campbell (think she's Canadian though?) but obviously it's not spelt the same way :)

Maybe there are not many Irish people in US?
Yeah Neve Campbell pronounces her name like Nev, but it's meant to be said as Nee-ve

Hello ladies. I am new to baby and bump. This thread is amazing. I tried starting to read from the very beginning but you were moving so fast there was no way I could keep up. I am definitely a plus size mummy to be and I would love to join your amazing thread. I am currently 15 wks 6 days and have an appoinment with a consultantn tomorrow
:(. You all seem to lovely and I look forward to getting to know you all through your magical journeys. Our due date is the 18th Sept anybody due around the same time????

Bubble xxxxxxxxx

Jenny: actually here in Chicago there are a lot of Irish in certain areas. I just need to get out more lol

Congrats bubbles and welcome!!!

Welcome, Bubble. I'm due 26th September but hopefully will deliver the week you're due as I've asked for a section x

Thanks Realbeauty :).

Hi Noo, is this your first?
How has your pregnancy been so far?
Also is it normal to see a consultant at 16 weeks or is it because I am plus size?
It must be good in the respect as to you know when your little bundle is going to arrive :).

Thanks Realbeauty :).

Hi Noo, is this your first?
How has your pregnancy been so far?
Also is it normal to see a consultant at 16 weeks or is it because I am plus size?
It must be good in the respect as to you know when your little bundle is going to arrive :).

No, this is my second child. My son is 8.

I've no idea why you're seein the consultant. It would depend on your BMI. My Trust you only see the obstetric team if your BMI is above 35 though I am seeing mine due to past obstetric history and not my BMI (33.6). I saw him at 12/40 and will next see him at 20/40.

Aww i thought i posted my birth story here for you ladies :| must have click off before i did lol anyways here it is :)

Friday even i was just about to stand up and go pee after watching eastenders as you do lol. As i stood up this gush of liquid came running down and i said to Ryan ( i think i just wet myself but im not sure it was even pee) so i wobble to the loo. (If my waters, no pee oh crap) lol He rang his mum and i rang my mum while sitting on the loo. My plug was coming out as i wipe also. I was leaking quite alot of fluid which was still going as i got to hospital. Ryan rand the hospital up for me as i couldnt get out from being stuck inthe toilet and was told to come right now. We waited for his mum to pick us up which was just after 9 i think it was.
We picked up my mum and then headed to the hospital.

I was having contractions about a mind after my waters went and each one was getting stronger and they were coming closer together to.

We arrived at the hospital and i struggle to get out the chair as i was still leaking fluid i can to take a toilet with me so i didnt soak the car.

Waited for about 15-20 mins before getting seen as i stood up to follow the lady i had another big gush got to the loo and i had to pee into a bowl for them to check it :S lol my pj's were completely soaking (also should mention that i had changed my underwear like 3 times before leaving the house. My first pair of pjs were soaked so i put leggins on they were soaked so another pair pjs to the hosp lol).

Was then taking into another room to have my cervix checked and she felt around my bump. She said that paige was lying in breech position and was going to get someone else to check also as i told her about my 36 weeks app and my midwife noting it down as she was head down still :s i then got a scan to get her position and it was right she was breech. Heading back to the room i was in i was having a very strong contraction and could barely move. When my cervix was checked i was 2cm (i forgot to say this first) we waited in the room for a bit as i was still contracting strong, was giving pain killers which never kick in. I was then told id have to have a section and they told me what was going to happen etc. I had little cry to myself was i was scared to hell of having a section....

Some guy came in and told me what was going to happen when i got up there and how much longer i had to wait until they were prep up. Was about 10-15 mins later before we were taking up stairs. Have to say once my back gown came off all my modest went out the window .

I was put on a bench for the to put the epidural in my back. was little sore as you have you have you back arched right and i was trying not to focus on my contractions at the same time.

[Baby woke up lol so its taking extra 40 odd mins to get this post finished]

Finally after getting those jags in my back and helped to lay down and wired up to machines. My op started.

By 00.10am Paige was born into the world 30th March 2013 weighing in at 6lb 10oz (midwife said she'd weight 8 pound something lol)

Took ages to stitch me back together and we were off to a on site thing as they could get my heartrate monitor right through the op so i was hook to a monitor for a while before being taking of onto a labor ward.

Last few days have been a total blur but it was worth it. although on the 3rd i was really constipated and felt like crap and had mention to the midwife about going to the loo so much i did had some diarrhea so i was moved into a single room with a toliet attached. Felt like i had a virus because they had to wash there hands coming in and out or the room and wear a apron to. they thought it could have been something else but im glad it wasnt. was hard to go to the loo with a baby and no one to watch her lol most of the time it was gas trapped lol but it was super on comfy.

Glad im home now, Paige is a handful but i wouldnt change her for the world.

Cherry I saw your story in 3rd tri... Congrats again hun!
Seths, how's Ethan doing hun?

Sorry girls my minds gone blank and I've forgotten what I was meant to reply to. Sorry I've been a bit quiet. Other than Toby's party I've been feeling really rough and super sorry for myself so I'm just trying to get on with things.

hey bubble hun :hi: welcome to pp&p :D I think it could be because you are plus size hun. In some trusts bigger women are consultant led... although i only saw a consultant at first because i asked to due to fears from previous pregnancy and birth.

Cherry - congrats again hun. :D I hope your up on your feet properly soon.. its all worth it :cloud9:

Cottleston - sorry to hear your not feeling too good hun :hugs: Not much longer to go hun and you will have your boys in your arms :hugs: is your dh helping out more now your further on?
I'm having a rough time with Ethan hun. I am deff phoning the doctors tomorrow. He has been really unsettled at night time... which has now turned into all day since Friday. hes also started to struggle to latch onto bottles/dummy at times, he has A LOT of gas which hurts him and his poo is still bad.. he acts constipated... i.e all the leg scrunching, screwing up his face, crying etc and then its comes out looking like diarrhea. His last 2 have been a little more solid but look all slimey. And today has been the worst... he has been too hot all day.. even stripped right down he was hot to the touch (his temp was fine though) and hes come out with a rash on his face either side of his eyes.. little pinprick red dots which could be heat rash :shrug: I did the clear glass test and it went away so that calmed me down a little. He has had maybe 4 hours sleep since he got up this morning and even right now is sat watching the football in his swing whilst falling asleep. I'm going to take him into the bedroom and put him into bed with me to see if he will settle that way till dh comes to bed. Going to keep a close eye on him through the night and try get him into the doctors first thing... and if need be ill call an ambulance out if i get more worried. I'v kind of wondered about teething... but dont know if it could be that this young... his gums have white bits on (gp told me it wasnt thrush when she was out the last time although ill ask about that too) and he has been eating his hands an awful lot even after a feed. I was going to wait to ask the health visitor about all of this but im sick of being fobbed off by her. I know somethings not right :growlmad:

hope your all ok ladies xxxx :flower: :kiss: xxxx

Cong cherry so happy for you it's all worth it ethier way by se section or by viginal birth my husbands birthday is on march 30 lol his sprizzzz was the baby's gender it was on his cake

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->