Plus size & pregnant join here

it was cottleston. It traumatised me but the whole care i got right throughout my pregnancy was substandard. I didnt get to see my son before he was took away to nicu.. not even a 2 second peek at his face ( but i suppose thats because of the cut he had). I didnt get to hold him or see him properly till 8:30am the day after he was born. I wanna go natural this time and theyv been told i wast as little intervention as possible.

this was him in the NICU - https://i46.tinypic.com/14sdwtf.jpg

Ok so im reading trying to keep up, I dont understand a couple abbreviations that were used but how did your baby get that cut. Im new to all this

realbeauty - he got the cut from the foreceps when he was delivered. My contractions stopped when i was given a spinal anesthetic. And they still just pulled him out even though i was prepped for a c-section. And the big "mound" on the top back of his head if from when they tried to use a suction cup but they gave up on that after 5 minutes. That whole area went black and purple 2 days later.

Which Abbreviations are you not sure on hun? I'll let you know what they mean :)
If it's NICU, that means neonatal intensive care unit

xxxx

buses do run xmas eve lol because all stores are open for last minute shopping. i hope im not eorking it though

Sethsmum:
Vba2c and some other one. I didn't know if they had anything to do with what u were talking about, I saw other ladies use them.

So after that traumatic experience hows the baby now?

Sethsmum:
Vba2c and some other one. I didn't know if they had anything to do with what u were talking about, I saw other ladies use them.

So after that traumatic experience hows the baby now?

VBA2C - vaginal birth after 2 c-sections.

he is good hun, he had really bad jaundice for a few days but that went away. he is having some speach problems at the moment (almost 3 and not really talking yet) but hes had an MRI scan to rule out if being caused by the damage to his head xx

Sethsmum: Oh ok well hopefully that gets better, I've heard of children who wasn't speaking much but eventually they did. Hoping for the best

Something I forgot to mention to you ladies. My consultant made me promise her I wouldn't gain any weight during this pregnancy. So far, so good. I haven't yet! I am terrified now that I will -the further I go- and if I choose to go for the ELCS then I won't be allowed it as she made this "deal" with me... :nope: She was really horrible, if I'm honest but was subtle about it. :growlmad: I'm dreading seeing her again. It sucks because the midwife I seen before the cons. was lovely and told me I had ketones in my urine and made me sit in her room while she left and fetched me some biscuits! I get told I'm not eating enough and to eat as soon as I get home, and then a big meal for tea. Then I go nextdoor to be told not to gain any weight! :cry:

Thats a bit of a pain aint it. I dont wanna gain to much but i think i will also. I'm in about 180lbs i can see me going over 200lbs again :( oh wells gym for me next year xx

I don't plan to put any weight on but I'm scared incase I do now! How can I help it if baby makes me weigh more. I've done well so far with keeping it the same, without even trying. I hope I can keep it up. I'm just worried because I've been told not to burn fat, just the glucose as energy... Soooo, if I have to do this then how can baby and all the "stuff" that comes with him not weight anything? :wacko:

Doesnt make sense does it. Seems impossible.

Do they just push our fat our the way or use that as some kinda of nutrients or something. I can only feel my bump when i lie down and with full bladder the rest is all fat to me. I'm not sure how it works and where is all goes. Ive gained weight already but i think thats cause ive been eating way to much and junk food :|.

Fingers crossed for you hun to stick with it. Keep us posted on how your getting on xx

Something I forgot to mention to you ladies. My consultant made me promise her I wouldn't gain any weight during this pregnancy. So far, so good. I haven't yet! I am terrified now that I will -the further I go- and if I choose to go for the ELCS then I won't be allowed it as she made this "deal" with me... :nope: She was really horrible, if I'm honest but was subtle about it. :growlmad: I'm dreading seeing her again. It sucks because the midwife I seen before the cons. was lovely and told me I had ketones in my urine and made me sit in her room while she left and fetched me some biscuits! I get told I'm not eating enough and to eat as soon as I get home, and then a big meal for tea. Then I go nextdoor to be told not to gain any weight! :cry:

omg hun are you kidding. That woman is an idiot.. of course you are going to put some weight on!! Jeesh you are growing a baby for goodness sake, during the 3rd tri it wouldnt be healthy if you didnt put some weight on!

https://www.babycenter.com/pregnancy-weight-gain-estimator

use that hun! it will tell you what is said to be the weight you are ok to gain. I can gain between 11 and 20 lbs during my pregnancy and im 258lbs bmi 43!

Cherry i would like to know what they do with it too lol. I have a proper bump when standing with only a little fat on it... BUT I have a nice big apron of fat at the bottom. Would love for that to go solid but i know it wont x

I have that apron too! Oh, I hate it so much... Baby seems to be more in that area atm though, he's not risen much yet. My "bump" is more prominant this time, another reason I thought I was carrying a boy as everything had been total opposite to when I was carrying DD! :cloud9: I can feel my totally round bump when I lie down and have done for a while, plus OH can feel it too. I was late 20's (in terms of weeks) until you could tell for sure I was pregnant last time so I'm just letting it all go now! :winkwink:

I have no idea what they expect me to do! :dohh: This coming from a consultant baffled me. Surely she knows I won't be able to NOT gain weight at least when I get to 3rd Tri!! I was told she was lovely... She certainly didn't take too kindly to me. She was this skinny frame of a woman too so :shrug: Hmmm, maybe she was just one of these medical folk who look down at us "more to love" ladies!? :haha:

she probably is hun. Im kinda lucky, the first midwife i saw was slim.. but since that booking in app iv only had bigger midwives and my consultant is a guy lol so never has much to say. x

All the MW's in my clinic are slim, some of the older lot have a bit of fluff but the only time my weight has been brought up is when I mentioned it in my booking app. and then my MW just mentioned that I'd be consultant led and have the GTT because of my "raised BMI" so everyone else has been absolutely professional about it.

I used the weight gain predictor (on babycentre.co.uk) and it says I may gain 1 stone, 1 pound. The US (babycenter.com) version says between 11 and 20 pounds...

https://www.babycentre.co.uk/tools/weightgain/

With DD I gained 3 stone... I told myself I'd be happy to not gain anymore than 4 stone (that's how much most people I know gained) so it was a winner for me! I don't know what I lost after having DD as my mother binned the scales before I got home :dohh: but I now weight a stone more than I did the day before she was born! :blush: So that's what hiked my BMI up to 40 from 30!

Not gaining ANY is going to me mega tough... If I gain the 1 stone, 1 pound then I'll still be pleased but try not to gain anymore than that!

hehe with my son i started at 14 stone 4, and ended at about 17stone. i started off this preg at 18 stone 8, and have kept to that so far *touch wood* I'm hoping to not even put on the stone, keeping my fingers crossed. But this time im determined to loose the weight after having baby. x

Oh, me too! This pregnancy has been so much harder that with DD... I'd like to be fit and full of energy for the next, so will also be having a break until the next one! :thumbup: I started gaining weight so early on with DD because I quit smoking I think. Comfort eating in that way.

I've not gained any yet either *touch wood!* and would also be delighted to rub it in that consultants face that I have indeed stuck to that "promise" :haha:

im the same hun.. constantly tired this time round :(

haha id also love to rub it in to consultants and midwives by having a nice smooth pregnancy and birth.. i am bloody determined lol.

damn my lil one is accident prone today :S he fell off the sofa this morning and banged his face on the floor, and now hes just fell off his ride on fire engine and cracked his head off his dump truck. hes gonna be black and blue by the time the days out lol.

have you picked a name yet? xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->