Plus size & pregnant join here

Seths - What are nasal saline drops/spray and a nasal aspirator? And where do I get them from? Iv not heard of this before.
Im feeling pretty anxious today, iv been quite good without my meds throughout my pregnancy, but obviously at this kinda time I expected id be this way. Everyone is off out to visit family, or out for food, and I just can't face leaving the house. But I am excited too :)

Cottles - omg poor Toby, huge hugs for him. xx

Hey everybody, sorry it has taken me forever to get back to u. It has been a rough journey for me having this baby lol. I've never been in the hospital and this was my first child. After switching me to a better hospital that would be able to handle my problem including my weight in case they needed to operate. They kept an eye on my BP, they had to keep injecting me with some medicine that would bring it right down. They tried doing an arterial line, that didn't work, I was stuck a million times. First I got cervadil, it only worked for 1cm. Then pitocin which made me uncomfortable so we sent for an epidural (which they also wanted me to get early in case any probs occurred). Before I got it tho, they put in I fully bulb - that's some kinda thing that turn in to a balloon, stretching your cervix. If anyone has an option DO NOT GET THAT DONE, only if u already have an epidural because it hurts like hell pushing your cervix. I cried until I got the epi and even then that sucked cuz they had a damn student doing it. After getting it I felt awesome until my right leg came back and the left was absolutely numb. That's a terrible feeling lol. I had to get the epidural done over the next day. Smh. The bulb didn't do crap cuz I was only 3-4cm. I was miserable beyond miserable because it was day 3 and all I could eat was ice chips. So skipping to the end I ended up getting a c-section because I caught an infection and got a fever, the babys heart rate started going nuts so my lil Jeremiah was born April 18th, weighing 7lbs 6oz. He is a cutie and I love him but couldn't get a ton of bonding in yet cuz this recovery SUCKS. im still in pain from my stomach, trying to move and my spinal headaches. My labor journey was emotional and horrible but I got my babes and im going home today =D Hey everybody, sorry it has taken me forever to get back to u. It has been a rough journey for me having this baby lol. I've never been in the hospital and this was my first child. After switching me to a better hospital that would be able to handle my problem including my weight in case they needed to operate. They kept an eye on my BP, they had to keep injecting me with some medicine that would bring it right down. They tried doing an arterial line, that didn't work, I was stuck a million times. First I got cervadil, it only worked for 1cm. Then pitocin which made me uncomfortable so we sent for an epidural (which they also wanted me to get early in case any probs occurred). Before I got it tho, they put in I fully bulb - that's some kinda thing that turn in to a balloon, stretching your cervix. If anyone has an option DO NOT GET THAT DONE, only if u already have an epidural because it hurts like hell pushing your cervix. I cried until I got the epi and even then that sucked cuz they had a damn student doing it. After getting it I felt awesome until my right leg came back and the left was absolutely numb. That's a terrible feeling lol. I had to get the epidural done over the next day. Smh. The bulb didn't do crap cuz I was only 3-4cm. I was miserable beyond miserable because it was day 3 and all I could eat was ice chips. So skipping to the end I ended up getting a c-section because I caught an infection and got a fever, the babys heart rate started going nuts so my lil Jeremiah was born April 18th, weighing 7lbs 6oz. He is a cutie and I love him but couldn't get a ton of bonding in yet cuz this recovery SUCKS. im still in pain from my stomach, trying to move and my spinal headaches. My labor journey was emotional and horrible but I got my babes and im going home today =D

realbeauty - Congratulations hun!! when you reply scroll down a little and there is a bit that says manage atachments just click on there and it brings up another little screen for you to upload a pic :)

Jenny - the spray/drops you can get in tesco/asda or any chemist and also the nasal aspirator too ---> https://www.tesco.com/groceries/Product/Details/?id=273723003 <--- you use that to suck mucus out of their nose :)

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/Product/Details/?id=265335706 <-- nasal spray
https://www.tesco.com/groceries/Product/Details/?id=262190656 <-- nasal drops
you put them up babies nose and spray/squeeze which helps to clear the mucus and snot..

Cottleston - aww bless him hun Toby is so damn cute <3 Hopefully it all heals nicely.

Cherry - sounds like she is getting herself into her own little routine hun, once she is a little older you can start teaching her properly night and day but just now its best to just go with what they want. xx

Jen - its good to hear from you hun im glad everything is going well :) ooo i cant wait to see some pics of your shower :D

Real beauty - congrats sounds like Jeremiah liked to make a remembral entrance - glad you are home

Congratulations Real! Glad you're home and on the mend x

Got my section date today. 29th may. I'll be 38+2...... Yeah right!!! Looks like it'll be an emcs for whenever the boys get bored in there because I can't imagine them sticking around for 5+ weeks!

Congratulations Real! Glad you're home and on the mend x

Got my section date today. 29th may. I'll be 38+2...... Yeah right!!! Looks like it'll be an emcs for whenever the boys get bored in there because I can't imagine them sticking around for 5+ weeks!

wow they are seriously waiting that long.. i was always under the impression twins were delivered by 37 weeks. maybe i just watched too many birth programmes lol.

Nope - NICE guidelines state no planned sections should be prior to 38-39 weeks unless there is indication to deliver early as continuing with the pregnancy would harm the fetus or mother's health.

Im so annoyed. Only one pair of jeans still fit me. All my leggings dont fit. So I ordered some maternity jeans off ebay and they arrived today. I'm normally a 16-18 bottoms, usually 18 in jeans but I'm evidently too pregnant for normal clothes but not quite pregnant enough for maternity jeans as these are too loose. Wish I'd got over the bump ones now as they'd prob have fit sooner :( Here's to another couple of weeks of living in one pair of jeans!

wow that does sound late for twins to be delivered!! I can't imagine how uncomfortable it must be for any woman going that long with 2 in there!!!

Im in for my section tomo morning, so I might not be on here for a while. I won't be able to upload pics from my phone, so might have to wait till im home from hospital to do that bit.

I hope everyone one is well xx

Ooooh, hope it all goes wonderfully smoothly for you Jenny, can't wait to hear your news and see piccys xxx

Jenny, omg.... GOOD LUCK HUNNY!! Can't believe that's come around so quickly. I'll be keeping an eye on here and Facebook for updates. Whoop! Xx

And yeah, the only way they'll look at getting the twins here sooner are if I have problems or if the twins are at risk. They did say they'd reevaluate if my spd and swelling get worse.

OMG JENNY :wohoo: :wohoo: I am so excited for you!! Wishing you all the best hun :happydance:

Noo - i know how you feel.. iv only had one pair of pants since i was 35 weeks pregnant lol. need to buy some more or loose weight very quickly.

cottleston - i really hope for your sake that they let you have it earlier.. your spd is bad enough now.. if they leave you too long you wont be able to do anything :hugs: :hugs: wouldnt be fair for them to do that to you xxxx

Good luck on the upcoming sections!

Has anyone heard from krafty or did I miss it?

So I go in to the doctors today thinking I am going to get to stop poking my fingers.. Nope they tell me because two mornings I had 108 readings I get to continue for another week that she was concerned since my fasting sugar is not stable.... Pretty much stating if I have anything less then perfect they are making me high risk, putting me on meds, keep poking, inducing at 39 weeks. I cried ive got perfect numbers other then two morning readings and she also told me that the kidney, plus the larger tummy, plus my weight is why I am doing this. :( I just want to give up ladies. I have been sick for a week and this sh*t is not helping me at all.

So I go in to the doctors today thinking I am going to get to stop poking my fingers.. Nope they tell me because two mornings I had 108 readings I get to continue for another week that she was concerned since my fasting sugar is not stable.... Pretty much stating if I have anything less then perfect they are making me high risk, putting me on meds, keep poking, inducing at 39 weeks. I cried ive got perfect numbers other then two morning readings and she also told me that the kidney, plus the larger tummy, plus my weight is why I am doing this. :( I just want to give up ladies. I have been sick for a week and this sh*t is not helping me at all.

Ill reply properly later on as im just getting the boys up and sorted but USAF i just wanted to give you big big hugs :hugs: :hugs: Dont give up hun, you are a very strong, very special woman and you can do this xxx

Ill reply properly later on as im just getting the boys up and sorted but USAF i just wanted to give you big big hugs :hugs: :hugs: Dont give up hun, you are a very strong, very special woman and you can do this xxx

Thanks Seths. :cry:

If your fasting sugars are still off (although i wouldnt call it being off with only 2 mornings being a bit iffy) then they will probably give you slow release insulin for night times.. thats what my sister started on hun. But if they have to make you high risk its not the end of the world.. you should get to see baby more ;)
sending you lots and lots of love hun

how is everyone else feeling? Tomorrow is D day for Ethan with his big weigh in.. i am hoping to god that he has put some weight on this week!! x

Im going to jump back 2 page to read but i just wanted to quckly post and say . GOOD LUCK TO JENNI I HOPE IT ALL GOES WELL TODAY FOR YOU :) CANT WAIT TO SEE THE LO XXXX

Sorry to hear your having some trouble usaf :(

Wow ive lost of my spare time now i have paige lol im getting out alot more to. Also go to go over to the library tomorrow to get paige weight and on thursday up to the hospital for that hip scan lol

Must dash now as paige hasnt decided she going to wake up lol xxx

Good luck on the upcoming sections!

Has anyone heard from krafty or did I miss it?

I'm here, just rubbish at checking in!

Ella is 1 month old now, shes as gassy as her brothers and is a nightmare to feed lol. Trying her on comfort milk now in an effort to make her more comfy. She doesn't sleep too badly though touch wood.

She was weighed today and is now 9lb 1oz from 7lb 2oz at birth so she's getting enough :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->