Plus size & pregnant join here

So I go in to the doctors today thinking I am going to get to stop poking my fingers.. Nope they tell me because two mornings I had 108 readings I get to continue for another week that she was concerned since my fasting sugar is not stable.... Pretty much stating if I have anything less then perfect they are making me high risk, putting me on meds, keep poking, inducing at 39 weeks. I cried ive got perfect numbers other then two morning readings and she also told me that the kidney, plus the larger tummy, plus my weight is why I am doing this. :( I just want to give up ladies. I have been sick for a week and this sh*t is not helping me at all.

That sounds a bit harsh, my fasting bloods were often higher than they should be but they weren't too worried, I managed for 3 months on diet. Have you tried having a snack before bed? I used to have wholewheat toast before bed and that seemed to help xx

Krafty... have you tried HIPP Organic Combiotic milk?? I call it magic milk ;) Really helped Ethan.. like a different baby! x

Jenni had her lil girl whoop congrats hun xxxx

So I go in to the doctors today thinking I am going to get to stop poking my fingers.. Nope they tell me because two mornings I had 108 readings I get to continue for another week that she was concerned since my fasting sugar is not stable.... Pretty much stating if I have anything less then perfect they are making me high risk, putting me on meds, keep poking, inducing at 39 weeks. I cried ive got perfect numbers other then two morning readings and she also told me that the kidney, plus the larger tummy, plus my weight is why I am doing this. :( I just want to give up ladies. I have been sick for a week and this sh*t is not helping me at all.

That sounds a bit harsh, my fasting bloods were often higher than they should be but they weren't too worried, I managed for 3 months on diet. Have you tried having a snack before bed? I used to have wholewheat toast before bed and that seemed to help xx

It is really harsh I am getting very sick of it :cry: I am eating a snack 2-3 hours before I sleep. I had a lunch number of 127 I ate more like I normally would. I had turkey, cheese, lettuce, mayo on toasted bread. Then three huge strawberries, carrots, and two graham crackers. :thumbup: Gets old having just turkey and mayo yanno? :shrug:

If I'm totally honest, my blood sugar was a lot better in the morning if I had a sugary snack in the evening, go figure!

I am afraid to eat things and to have portions that fill me. I am often quite hungry and just deal.

Personally Id make the numbers up and eat what I like.... I didn't just say that.... *whistles*

Personally Id make the numbers up and eat what I like.... I didn't just say that.... *whistles*

My husband told me I should have changed the two 108s before I went in and we would be fine right now. I guess they scare me because I would never want to hurt Fallon just because I want to stop hurting my fingers and eat what I want. At the same time I have had TWO bad numbers out of 7 days. I had been 80's waking passed two days. I got till the 30th ladies keep fingers crossed for me so I can move on and stop doing this BS. :flower:

Ooh I hope it all goes well next week hun do you can FINALLY put a rest to this stuff.
Dunno about you but I find this stage of pregnancy the worst mood-wise... I've been cooped up indoors, just me and DS and it's driving me bloody insane. DH didn't get home from work til after 8pm yesterday so I got no down time and little man has been in the worst mood today. One of those days where he does everything he knows he's not meant to (as far as kicking his heels into his poo when getting his nappy changed) JUST to smirk and test my reaction. Im about ready to tear the world a new one and blame it on hormones.

Ooh I hope it all goes well next week hun do you can FINALLY put a rest to this stuff.
Dunno about you but I find this stage of pregnancy the worst mood-wise... I've been cooped up indoors, just me and DS and it's driving me bloody insane. DH didn't get home from work til after 8pm yesterday so I got no down time and little man has been in the worst mood today. One of those days where he does everything he knows he's not meant to (as far as kicking his heels into his poo when getting his nappy changed) JUST to smirk and test my reaction. Im about ready to tear the world a new one and blame it on hormones.

I hope so too! I feel you on the preggo rage though because I want to end my husband daily/hourly but he trolls me knowing hes causing me to want to ring his neck. :haha:

fingers crossed hun and if you only get one bad number before them.. just magically make it go away lol. My sister faked her numbers all the time.. and she was badly diabetic to the point of needing loads of insulin.

hehe preggo rage how i miss the excuse of being pregnant.. hehe now my rage is just... rage.

Cottleston - Seth still does that too sometimes!! really annoys me. Today he trashed my wallpaper by hitting the walls with the hoover attachment :S Got to love the ages 2/3... in fact all ages when they decide to test boundaries. *Sigh*

hope your feeling ok apart from that though hun.

I have gained weight!! im back to 19 stone 2 lbs!! im so not happy and iv not excatly been eating much either :( and im walking every day for minimum around 30 minutes.. i know its not much but hard to fit anything else in around nursery and feedings times etc xxx

Hey Girls! Well I was on this forum last time I was pregnant and I just found out I am pregnant again! Due December 14th. So that makes me a little more then 6 weeks. Glad to see this is still going!

Hey Girls! Well I was on this forum last time I was pregnant and I just found out I am pregnant again! Due December 14th. So that makes me a little more then 6 weeks. Glad to see this is still going!

:wave: Hi there.

I used to fib about my numbers too, especially when I'd been out to knitting in the evening and had a hot choccy and cake ;)

I've got to go back for another fasting GTT in a couple of weeks to check the diabetes has gone, hope it has!

:hi: Congratulations on your BFP hun!! Wishing you a Happy and Healthy 9 months :kiss:

Just wanted to give you girls a MIWI update since she doesnt get a lot of time and hasnt been on.
She is doing great and baby Maisy is gorgeous as every. She is having some trouble finding the right milk for her. She was diagnosed with a lactose intollerance by one gp and put on LF milk.. but that constipated her so Miwi took her back and she is now on cow and gate comfort to see what thats like... its not doing too great though. Shes got the gp tomorrow for her imms so Miwi is going to ask this gp about it since the last one just didnt seem to listen to her at all.

AFM - I'm going to get some baby rice today to thicken Ethans milk up... he is being sick with every single feed now and its not just little bits anymore. Hopefully this will work and i wont have to goto the gp and paster for gaviscon or carabell.
Also im shattered! DH refuses to get up in the morning if either of the boys get up because he does the first night feed (only night feed at the moment) so every morning im stuck at getting up 5:30am :sleep: its starting to get to me now. I just want one morning where i dont have to do anything and just stay asleep. I get 1 sleep in at the weekend.. all though its not much of one because i still have to wake up when ethan gets up to feed him and change him before dh will get up with him. :dohh: So half the time im wide awake after that and just have to sit and read my book... and i know this weekend ill not get one at all since Seth has his MMR booster tomorrow so will probably be ill over the weekend.

argh sorry to rant so early in the morning ladies i hope you are all doing ok!

LOL! I have yet to fib numbers and I am scared too just because apparently the kidney issue can be from sugar damage and her tummy size... I am going to brave the food world and have chinese for lunch today. I am scared shitless but last time it was 135 after I had my last bad meal which was a full plate of chinese plus seconds on rice and sesame chicken. SO wish my luck I will cry if my numbers are high. lol

Good luck hun!! I cant wait for my chinese on Saturday.

Noo - love your avatar hun xx

Thanks ladies I hate two plates did not finish either honestly just picked. Got loads of broccoli, green beans, some pepper chicken, some honey chicken, tiny portion of rice.

USAF :hugs: sounds like you are really struggling, fingers crossed they will be happy with your numbers

Cottlestonpie Think everyone gets frustrated near the end :hugs:

Congrats to Jenni

Afm - since the weekend I've just been uncomfortable, with abdominal pain when needing the toilet and now my boobs are really sore and started producing colostrum - i just don't think I could cope think I might have another 9 weeks if I go overdue again this pregnancy but I suppose you do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->