Plus size & pregnant join here

Hooray! We had a bit of sun but the breeze made it too chilly for my poor nips :haha: They're so sore lately!

I'm having hospital bag anxiety. Not in a bad way, just feels a bit overwhelming at the moment. Because of the issues I had trying to bf Toby, I'm going to be ff the twins and it dawned on me that they will need 6 bottles a day... EACH. 12 bottles a day while in hospital is just mind boggling to me. And it's a lot to pack! (I'm going to pack 6 then get DH to bring in some clean ones after we're settled.)

I might ask the ward if I can pre-make 2 or 4 bottles and pop them in their fridge before the c section so I don't have to worry about it after. Hmmm.....

ETA: pffff, hospital won't allow it because they want to encourage breast feeding and dont allow pre-made bottles so I just have to bring everything in and do it myself (with DH obviously). Cartons it is then!

Hooray! We had a bit of sun but the breeze made it too chilly for my poor nips :haha: They're so sore lately!

I'm having hospital bag anxiety. Not in a bad way, just feels a bit overwhelming at the moment. Because of the issues I had trying to bf Toby, I'm going to be ff the twins and it dawned on me that they will need 6 bottles a day... EACH. 12 bottles a day while in hospital is just mind boggling to me. And it's a lot to pack! (I'm going to pack 6 then get DH to bring in some clean ones after we're settled.)

I might ask the ward if I can pre-make 2 or 4 bottles and pop them in their fridge before the c section so I don't have to worry about it after. Hmmm.....

ETA: pffff, hospital won't allow it because they want to encourage breast feeding and dont allow pre-made bottles so I just have to bring everything in and do it myself (with DH obviously). Cartons it is then!

Make sure the hospital have the facility to sterilise bottles as we don't. Mums are expected to bring in pre-filled glass feeds like the ones we used to provide. You can't use cartons unless they have milk fridges and sterilisers. You can get the glass bottles from asda though they're expensive.

wow thats shit! I bloody hate when hospitals pressurise you into breastfeeding :growlmad::growlmad: no bloody need for it!

Well either way its going to be a tad expensive for your hospital stay hun. It would cost you a FORTUNE to buy enough of those little bottles to do your hospital stay so i wouldnt say thats practical unless you have a load of spare cash. If you buy cartons it would be cheaper but still there would be a lot of waste. Have you any way of getting hold of a mini fridge you could take in with you? OR a Cooler bag and some ice packs??

OR you pre make the water in your bottles, and put the milk powder in a dispenser (you can get them for like £4 in tesco) and then just heat the water back up, add your powder and voila theres your bottle.

It is seriously unfair that hospitals are making it harder for formula feeding mums!! really boils my blood.. at the end of the day if you want to formula feed... you want to formula feed... why the hell should your baby be made to starve for a while just because you cant/dont want to breast feed :growlmad: They are not exactly going to provide the services in the recovery room to make up some bottles are they... darn idiots!!

As for the sterilizing hun... get hold of a big tub with a lid and some milton tablets. I think its disgraceful that a woman might not be provided with the means to sterilize bottles. I was provided with the little pre made bottles when i was in.. AND they had the tubs etc for steralizing if you wanted to use your own bottles/milk xxxx

Hi everyone. Im not sure if I have updated on this thread? Iv tried to update my frequent threads, but I can;t remember, so here it is again lol.

Niamh was born Tuesday morning at 9:40 via planned section. I was an absolute nervous wreck. My blood pressure kept dropping and sending me odd, kinda like super spaced, tingly, dizzy and sick, I have a low bp naturally anyway, but I noticed the nottom bp number go to 30 at one point. Took a few days to levelnout, but its back to my normal 55 now :-D

I was so shocked to hear her cry straight away, hubby held her next to me and o saw her little face and lots of ginger hair lol :-D she was 8lb dead on :-D
We had some skin to skin time in recovery once I was able, and she had her first breastfeed.

On day 2 she developed jaundice, and had to go in a light box, she was only in there for 24 hours or so, I was so worried tho. Then day 3 they weighed her, she lost more than 10% of her birth weight :-/ so I had to suppliment with bottles, which im still having to do.

Also day 3 I went a bit loopey, and they put me in a private room and let hubby stay over, I was a mess!! Im very greatful for their help.

https://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu217/jenchandler/904339_10151574941197140_2138382420_o_zps84781407.jpg

https://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu217/jenchandler/931447_10151370871365264_770222351_n_zps708252ff.jpg

https://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu217/jenchandler/486809_10151370871190264_1826028591_n_zps9029e742.jpg

I have been stalking you on Facebook hun.... So happy for you and glad you are both doing well. :D

There are sterilisers and fridges at the hospital but they don't allow pre-made bottles or let you keep them in the fridge. Fridges are for cartons, it seems. So I guess I'll have to make two bottles up at the time every time. Which will be awesome for me trying to do two bottles in the middle of the night with a catheter in!

I have been stalking you on Facebook hun.... So happy for you and glad you are both doing well. :D

There are sterilisers and fridges at the hospital but they don't allow pre-made bottles or let you keep them in the fridge. Fridges are for cartons, it seems. So I guess I'll have to make two bottles up at the time every time. Which will be awesome for me trying to do two bottles in the middle of the night with a catheter in!

Im pretty sure they'd help you with twins after a section! Press your buzzer and let them know you need to feed your babies and ask if someone would mind giving you a hand to make up your feeds whilst you're getting the hang of handling two. I'd be very surprised if you were left to flap with two newborns after a section. If you are, I'd be putting in a complaint!

I agree with noo there hun. The night after having your section you shouldnt even have to make your bottles OR even get out your bed! I wasnt allowed to lift Ethan and was told to buzz when i wanted him out of his cot and when i wanted him put back into his cot. So they should be doing it for you that first night hun. I hardly even moved off my bed that first day/night. well i say hardly.. i was only off the bed for maybe 20 minutes max during that whole time and that was for them washing/changing me. xxx

Congratulations again Jenny! :D So happy for you and im glad they helped you when you weren't quite yourself hun :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Im currently trying to rope back into exclusively breast feeding. It's tricky as iv had to suppliment with bottles. But il get there eventually.

Sick of these bloody injections already, my belly is blue, im going to run out of room to stab myself soon lol. Cried my eyes out before I did my first one.

The first night they have to help Cottle, esp with twins!
Try not to worry too much hun. And be careful when you get up out of ved the first few times. I was pretty dizzy the first few days.

Im currently trying to rope back into exclusively breast feeding. It's tricky as iv had to suppliment with bottles. But il get there eventually.

Sick of these bloody injections already, my belly is blue, im going to run out of room to stab myself soon lol. Cried my eyes out before I did my first one.

The first night they have to help Cottle, esp with twins!
Try not to worry too much hun. And be careful when you get up out of ved the first few times. I was pretty dizzy the first few days.

Congrats hun she is adorable! As for the bf'ing just keep at it hun and it will work out! I don't take any formula with me to the hospital. I don't know if they supply any or not but I had no issues last time with getting BF'ing established so praying for the same this time or I might be up a creek. :haha:

How many days post-section are you Jenny? Could you pump once or twice a day to try and increase your supply so you can exclusively BF? That way you can also start to freeze a bit of milk for times baby needs topping up and you don't need to use formula or if you're going out etc. Sometimes in the early days pumping doesn't produce much milk to freeze BUT it's providing the stimulation for your breasts to produce more than a feed alone is stimulating. Hopefully within a few days/week or so you'll catch up with bubba and won't need to pump any more.

Seths- nope they didn't we're up there again this wednesday to get it re-adjusted. Not sure how much we'll be up there but im guessing alot lol next scan is on the 25th.

Cottlestonpie - surprisingly I've had no issues with swelling and the heat seems like I get the odd day here and there which is great .

Cherry - hope lo is ok bless her must be stressful for all of you.

USAF - how are your sugar levels now?

Jenny - congrats, hope you manage to get the bfeeding back on track

Cherry- Fingers crossed she needs nothing else other than the harness. My ex's little girl was born with dislocated hips and she needed an op to sort it out.

how is everyone today? Iv just sold ethans travel system for a bargain of £60 wish i could have got more for it but no1 wanted to pay more :S So pram shopping tomorrow.. just want a stroller with footmuff now as long as its suitable from birth :)

I've been feeling so much pressure today. In my back, bum, lower bump snd lady bits. Been feeling the need to bear down for a bit of relief but it hasn't worked. There have been times when it's been quite painful but not consistently.
I was going to start EPO this week but with the pressure, cervix pain and frequent braxtons, I think I'll hold off for a while. I'm determined to get to 36 weeks.

Sugar levels have been pretty much perfect I have 3 more pokes now till I pray I can stop appointment is tomorrow at 10! If I am told I am good then I am going to be having a dinner out and eating pasta with my family and treating myself with a sweet tea!

Nothing comes out when I pump, well a few tiny drops but thats it. She is is the breast pretty much all the times she isn't having a bottle or zonked out. She had each boob for at least 3 hrs yesterday on and off. Id rather her be sucking than the crappy pump. There is defo some milk in there, as it dribbles down her chin when I break the latch.

Cant believe she is a week old today already.

Hope everyone is ok x

So I either have contractions going on or a damn uti because I keep having pains in my back, girl area, and to be really specific even in the clitoris. Sorry to be so graphic but its like seriously painful and I am not totally sure right now which it is and its kinda got some pressure when I stand. I am going to hope it knocks it off or I will call labor and delivery and ask for advice. I wanna say its more like uti or bladder but it does not hurt to pee and im not going more then normal.

oh no USAF I hope you are ok! How are you feeling now hun? have you called for some advice?

Jenny - Time flies doesn't it! its mad how quick it all does.. ethan is 8 weeks today! total maddness!

Cottleston - not even 2 weeks to go to get to that point hun :D I hope you get there!

Sounds like we could have more action soon. Poor Seth is poorly... after having his jags he now has a horrid cold, his nose is running faster than niagara falls lol. Hes so moody too when he is ill, everything is a screaming match. Its been a lovely day today though.. gorgeous sunshine and we went and bought a new pram.. i sold my other one yesterday and went and got this https://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/9104189.htm Its great so far although a little bulky.

Heres hoping the lovely weather is here to stay :D I need to get little mr a hat!

I am ok now! I am stuffed with pasta! I am calling tomorrow to talk to regular nurses and see if I can get my urine tested! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->