Plus size & pregnant join here

Aww, poor love. Boys will be boys, eh? We've got Dexter John for a boy. :cloud9: John after his daddy. Not had too many good opinions on the name Dexter but it's not that common is it? So people are bound to be close-minded. :shrug: Our DD's name is Elsa and there's none of them around here! I love names with a difference but aren't too out there.

Aw, DH and I love the name Dexter! We discussed using it once but I vetoed it because our surname is Baxter and I figured Dexter Baxter is a bit much. :haha:

omg lol we are the same hun! I love the name and as you say you dont hear it much. I also love the name Elsa :) Our sons name is Seth and we've yet to bump into another. for a girl we will be using Mia Lesley, but we are still deciding on a boys.. it will still have the same middle name but spelled Leslie.

hehe dexter baxter has a nice ring to it x

this is my list of posibilities.....rohan, colby, ashton, ty, cooper, Eli, mac,duncan, grayson,baker, blake, cole, elliot, fergus, ethan

hubby is yet to add some serious ones.. and then we can decide. :)

Something I forgot to mention to you ladies. My consultant made me promise her I wouldn't gain any weight during this pregnancy. So far, so good. I haven't yet! I am terrified now that I will -the further I go- and if I choose to go for the ELCS then I won't be allowed it as she made this "deal" with me... :nope: She was really horrible, if I'm honest but was subtle about it. :growlmad: I'm dreading seeing her again. It sucks because the midwife I seen before the cons. was lovely and told me I had ketones in my urine and made me sit in her room while she left and fetched me some biscuits! I get told I'm not eating enough and to eat as soon as I get home, and then a big meal for tea. Then I go nextdoor to be told not to gain any weight! :cry:

omg hun are you kidding. That woman is an idiot.. of course you are going to put some weight on!! Jeesh you are growing a baby for goodness sake, during the 3rd tri it wouldnt be healthy if you didnt put some weight on!

https://www.babycenter.com/pregnancy-weight-gain-estimator

use that hun! it will tell you what is said to be the weight you are ok to gain. I can gain between 11 and 20 lbs during my pregnancy and im 258lbs bmi 43!

Cherry i would like to know what they do with it too lol. I have a proper bump when standing with only a little fat on it... BUT I have a nice big apron of fat at the bottom. Would love for that to go solid but i know it wont x

Mines is like that to. at the buttom its like saggy fat lol but the top part is super solid :S i cant wait til its all hardens up and i know ill find it hard to move around lol. Im hoping that i can go on maternity leave the start of march giving me the full month to prepare myself and so im not in work when i go into labor lol xx

love the name Dexter its like the guy from home and away. nickname Dex so cute lol xx

this is my list of posibilities.....rohan, colby, ashton, ty, cooper, Eli, mac,duncan, grayson,baker, blake, cole, elliot, fergus, ethan

hubby is yet to add some serious ones.. and then we can decide. :)

Thanks, ladies! :hugs:

Mia Lesley is such a pretty name! I only know one Mia :)

You have some fab boys names picked out there... I especially like Colby, Ashton, Eli, and Elliot was a possibility for us too but we fell head over heels for Dexter. I'm growing a soft spot for Grayson too and Blake is lovely but a close family friend has a son named Blake so it's lost originality there for me to use it.

Thanks ChezTunes :) We got it from the fast and the furious lol, boy was going to be Dominic but we've gone off of it.

I love dex on home and away *swoon* lol

hey ladies how are we all doing??

all is good for me. I had my anomoly scan yesterday and it went reallywell. Baby was so damn stubborn though and wouldnt position itself so the lady could get the pics she wanted... it took her a full hour to finally get them all! She was worried that baby had a cleft lip, but right at the end got a good shot up the upper lip and said it looks really good. She also said baby is measuring 5 days behind, and asked if i had another scan booked which i do. So i think if i wasnt already getting my extra scans then she would have booked another for me as she wants to keep an eye on growth. But i told her my first born was small and my sister and i were both below 4lb at birth.

And right at the end of the scan..... after baby having its legs firmly shut for the whole hour and 5 minutes... she finally managed to get a peek between the legs.... took another 5 mins to get a clear shot but what do we see rolling across the screen.... a HUGE scrotum.... lol so we are team :blue: needs to be re-confirmed at my 28 week scan though. So we dont get our little princess but i still couldnt be happier: Ethan Leslie Rooney-Bell :D

Hope your all doing ok <3

Congrats on the little boy hun. :) ive got 20 days to go until my scan :) x

:D thank you :) Im so happy, also happy thats hes a little smaller than average since it looks like hell be around my 1st borns size haha so happy about that 1!

cherry it will fly by!

Thanks hun. :) ive bought a few things already and they are new born size maybe i should get a few 0-3 months aswell just incase haha

I would hun, and also at least 1 tiny baby outfit just in case. I was told my first was going to be 8-9lb... so i went with newborn/o-3 and size 1 nappies... so when he popped out i had nothing to fit! Thankfully my sister and her husband and my parents bought some micro nappies and tiny baby things on their way down to visit!

aww that was handy of them. xxx

it sure was hun i just wish i hadnt given away most of the tiny baby sets i had. lol when we got to the 11 months point i sold all my son's little clothes as we didnt think it was going to happen again.... so gutted now lol going to cost a fortune to replace them all.. and cant accept clothes off my sister from her little boy coz im not telling them the gender lol

My DD was 7lbs, 12oz and NB sizes were too big on her! :dohh: Luckily my cousin had the same problem with her DS and had already handed us some of his "tiny baby/early baby" things (unisex as she was Team :yellow: )and her DS wasn't small! I'm sure he was about/almost 9lbs... Depends where you get things from I guess. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->