Plus size & pregnant join here

As for me I have 9 weeks to go on wed and I am really suffering with swollen ankles and feet to the point I am strugglin with most shoes. Can anybody recommend anything?

xxxx

Elevate your legs as much as possible. Only wear shoes as you NEED to. I sat the other day with my feet in the paddling pool and only wear crocs/slip on sandals at the minute. I completely lost my ankles weeks ago! One foot swelled up so much it started to split :( Not great. Also make sure you get your BP and urine checked!

As for me I have 9 weeks to go on wed and I am really suffering with swollen ankles and feet to the point I am strugglin with most shoes. Can anybody recommend anything?

xxxx

Elevate your legs as much as possible. Only wear shoes as you NEED to. I sat the other day with my feet in the paddling pool and only wear crocs/slip on sandals at the minute. I completely lost my ankles weeks ago! One foot swelled up so much it started to split :( Not great. Also make sure you get your BP and urine checked!

Thanks noo I will give that a try the paddling pool sounds lovely. The splitting sounds awful and very sore hope its better now. How has your pregnancy been so far? Are you getting nervous the closer it gets? What is your date in sept? Xx

xxxx

Thanks noo I will give that a try the paddling pool sounds lovely. The splitting sounds awful and very sore hope its better now. How has your pregnancy been so far? Are you getting nervous the closer it gets? What is your date in sept? Xx

Not too great! I have SPD and very low BP so tend to faint a lot in addition to morning sickness still not having done one.. :lol: I'm looking forward to finishing work now though. I do my last shift a week on Friday! 4 shifts to go! Woohoo! I'm not really getting nervous - It hit me last time around 36 weeks ish though I think I'll really start to panic after my 38 week growth scan to see how big this little lump of lard is as I'm hoping to avoid the same problems I had at my previous delivery which may include either earlier induction or a planned section. We'll see! I think the lack of some planning for delivery at the minute isn't giving me chance to get nervous as I'm not sure what yet to be nervous about! I'm due 26th September xx

xxxx

Not too great! I have SPD and very low BP so tend to faint a lot in addition to morning sickness still not having done one.. :lol: I'm looking forward to finishing work now though. I do my last shift a week on Friday! 4 shifts to go! Woohoo! I'm not really getting nervous - It hit me last time around 36 weeks ish though I think I'll really start to panic after my 38 week growth scan to see how big this little lump of lard is as I'm hoping to avoid the same problems I had at my previous delivery which may include either earlier induction or a planned section. We'll see! I think the lack of some planning for delivery at the minute isn't giving me chance to get nervous as I'm not sure what yet to be nervous about! I'm due 26th September xx

Aww that sounds awful you really are having a hell of a time. You don't really want to faint at the best of times let alone when you are pregnant. O that's great news not long at all until your finished. What is it you do? I stillhave 3 1/2 weeks left although I amnot working one of them I am off next week as had to compromise at work to give my replacement a handover. Are you only having a 38 week growth scan I have to have one at 32 which is a week tomorrow and one at 36 weeks. I am really excited aswell to see the difference in the last 2 scans. How old is our first? I know what you mean. I hope you get a good birth whatever happens. Are you hoping for a planned section?

xxx

My first is 8 years old so he'll be 8 and a half by the time this one is born. I'm only getting a growth scan based on the weight of my last baby plus having had a shoulder dystocia and 4th degree tear. If based on BMI they only do growth scans if BMI is above 40 and I think mine at booking was just under 34 (33 point something).

I work on delivery suite as a midwife. Need to finish work soon as I really can't stand the heat any longer and my pelvis is killing me doing 12 hour shifts on my feet and certainly can't get in the positions I used to be able to for deliveries!

30 weeks today! Here is my bump shot - Though I appear to have gained a bit of a pouch along the bottom that didn't used to be there. I wonder if it used to be full of fat!? Still under booking weight currently - JUST! Think I have about 1.5lb to spare at the minute!

Attachments

• 30 weeks.jpg
    30 weeks.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 2
Noo it must be really difficult working in delivery and trying to focus on your own labour .

Flo still hasn't gained her birth weight so midwife has put me on a whole milk banana and brewers yeast diet where I need to drink 2pints a day to see if it improves my milk and help her gain weight. If she hasn't gained any I think I'm going to move towards formula as feeding her every 11/2 hours is tiring and she gets terrible colic in the evenings that I've got no energy to help her the wholetime.

Noo it must be really difficult working in delivery and trying to focus on your own labour .

Flo still hasn't gained her birth weight so midwife has put me on a whole milk banana and brewers yeast diet where I need to drink 2pints a day to see if it improves my milk and help her gain weight. If she hasn't gained any I think I'm going to move towards formula as feeding her every 11/2 hours is tiring and she gets terrible colic in the evenings that I've got no energy to help her the wholetime.

So sorry your having problems getting her to put weight on hun. Its horrible but please make sure you never blame yourself. Iv been in that situation although seth was always formula fed. Hopefully this new diet thing works.

Noohow much longer do you think you will work hun.

Hows everyone else doing? Xx

Noo - how much longer do you think you will work hun.

I finish on Friday :) I have a late shift tomorrow and then a late shift Friday and then that is me done :)

I'm not even beginning to think about my labour and delivery yet - I'd scare myself stupid. Especially as I'm currently measuring 3 weeks ahead :(

I'm not even beginning to think about my labour and delivery yet - I'd scare myself stupid. Especially as I'm currently measuring 3 weeks ahead :(

Woo not long to go then hun. Will you get maternity pay with the type of work you do hun? I dont know how it works when you dont have contracted hours. Sory if im being nosy.

Dont panic too much hun, my sister measured 5 weeks ahead and her last was 10lb. I measured 4 weeks ahead and ethan was only 8lb 7oz, or even better with seth..same weeks ahead but 5lb 14oz.

Woo not long to go then hun. Will you get maternity pay with the type of work you do hun? I dont know how it works when you dont have contracted hours. Sory if im being nosy.

Dont panic too much hun, my sister measured 5 weeks ahead and her last was 10lb. I measured 4 weeks ahead and ethan was only 8lb 7oz, or even better with seth..same weeks ahead but 5lb 14oz.

I'll get statutory maternity pay which is pretty shite compared to normal NHS maternity pay but I guess some people are only ever entitled to that so should be grateful!

I know though size of the baby should also be in comparison to size of the mother - I'm only 5ft 2 and weigh a good 2/3 stone more than when I conceived and carried Coby so the likelihood is this baby will be bigger :( Though I'm prob going to be asked to be induced so I don't go overdue around 39-40 weeks. Coby was born at 41 weeks so not sure how much weight he put on in that last 2 weeks or so. I'm sure it'll be fine! Just a bit daunting knowing that he got stuck last time and I bled like a stuffed pig and ended up in ICU!

That sucks hun, I think you should get the same rights as nhs staff.

Fingers crossed for a smooth enjoyable labour and birth this time hun xx

Hi everyone it's been ages since I posted on here yes I'm still pregnant but just been buzzy with life I hope I can still keep updated with u guys

Hi everyone it's been ages since I posted on here yes I'm still pregnant but just been buzzy with life I hope I can still keep updated with u guys

Hey hun, how are you doing? I hope things are going ok for you now...have you managed to find a house of your own yet?

1st day of formula feeding today and Flo has seemed alot more content already still early days but hoping she's settled more this evening too. Still trying to pump when I can but no my milk will stop within the next couple of days :-(

Finished for maternity leave today! Woohoo! The girls at work were so lovely and generous. Lots of pressies to open and a gift card to NEXT which will pretty much pay for 90% of my 0-3 month clothes :)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 7
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 7
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 5
Hey girls, so sorry for not posting. Aeryn is now 12 weeks old and a little gem. I adore her! she is exclusively breast fed, yay go me!

I ended up 4 stone lighter after I had her. Hyperemesis and gestational diabetes are the main cause lol

Hey girls, so sorry for not posting. Aeryn is now 12 weeks old and a little gem. I adore her! she is exclusively breast fed, yay go me!

I ended up 4 stone lighter after I had her. Hyperemesis and gestational diabetes are the main cause lol

Congratulations hun! That is amazing news and also congratulations on the weight loss too...so jelous lol.

Noo that is so lovely of your work friends! Hope it wasnt too emotional a goodbye. Now you can relax and put your feet up xx

Baby is 3 days ahead so hopefully ultrasound is true about that midwife says she won't change the due date sence it's only 3 day difrent it's a huge difference to me lol ever second counts I feel very heavy cuz of my belly

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->