Plus size & pregnant join here

I need a belly band desperately I have a bumpy but I also have my extra fat that makes is less round at the end! I will get there give me 2 more weeks!

lovely pic Sparkle... :D i need to take another one.. not done one in sooo long. Have you got any pics of nursery?

Lynds; yeah im in a much better mood today and so is the hubby. we had a massive blow out last night which cleared the air a bit :) Dnt be scared about your consultant appointment.. hopefully they will be as nice as mine.. is just like going to midwife really.

I've had a good day today :) got living room and kitchen cleaned, made a big pan of veg soup, cleaned the kids room and put old broken toys into bin bag. Now just need to finish painting it and soon :) x

Woo, I just realised today is V-day! :happydance:

woohooo gz hun! i cant wait to hit V day!

how are you all today?

I'm ok so far today, had a little panick yesterday as bubs wasnt moving in the morning.. so did the whole cold thing and he had a wriggle about... got my 10 movements though within 6 hours so felt ok. today hes wide awake... and no wonder i couldn't feel him.... hes moved up again. This morning he is kicking under my boobs while im sat down lol x

I'm great, thanks :flower: I'm freezing cold but that's about it. Dexter's just started kicking again now I've eaten, he loves his food already! :haha:

I'm glad mind was put at ease after feeling a bit panicked. These babies like to worry us before they're even here sometimes, don't they?! :dohh:

they sure do hun, lol i think they think its fun. With Seth i was in and out of hospital for reduced movements. he was a right lazy so and so lol so im thinking Ethan is going to be the same.

Its damn cold today isnt it. have you guys got gale force winds... we sure do! x

Oh, I was in and out too! For their off-measrements all the time. One minute she was small (which she never really was, she was just breech), next min. there was reduced fluid (which one registrar though was silly because it was a fraction lower than average), I had 11 scans altogether, and was sent there once for high BP. So yeah, I kinda know how that feels...

We were so worried, but she turned out healthy and was 7lbs,12oz at 39weeks! So I'm not sure what all the fuss was about and I really hope we're not back&forth again this time. I knew it my heart everything was going to be ok and they [at the hospital] felt the need to worry us! :nope:

It's quite windy here today, but I'm sure it's not as bad as you get up there!

hehe id love to know what the wind speed has been.

I hated being in and out, i was in and out for the reduced movements, pains, loss of fore waters, high bp etc etc lol. i hated staying in overnight too... iv always had a right thing about being in hospitals.. i hate it with a passion.

wow at 7lb 12 at 39 weeks it just shows how their measurements can be out. lol they were the oposite with me.. scans said he was going to a big baby at least 8/9lb ... haha woulda love to have been able to take him to see the woman and guy whod said that once he was born. The most common question i got for the first few weeks was "how premature was he" :haha:

I'm hoping theres no need for back and forth this time round.. cant afford it. last time we lived 10 min walk from the hospital, now its about an hour and £15. x

I bet it was a nightmare for you. I'd never stayed overnight in hospital before having DD... So as you'd imagine, I was terrified. I've never had a butterfly stitch, nevermind anything else. The closest thing to surgery I'd had was having teeth out... So going in for my "elective" (for breech) C-section I was super scared. I know now that I shouldn't have been, it was fine. I missed DF so much but that's about it.

I dread to think what she'd have been if I'd have gone over and had to birth naturally! :haha:

It costs us £9 each for a 20/30min train journey so not too bad but when it's back&forth, it adds up!

it sure does add up hun. aww id been in hospital a few times before so knew what was coming. I just dont do very well with people i dont know. add in a newborn who wasnt feeding, sharing a toilet with 3 other women just after having said baby... i was in tears by the sunday and discharged us (2 days after he was born).

Hi ladies!

I had my consultant appointment! I was in there for an HOUR! Omg! :wacko:
Bad news is I have ridiculously high blood pressure so now I have to have it checked every week! :nope: it's always been fine up till now so it was a bit of a shock! She also said I have to take asprin and vitamin d everyday! But the lady I saw was lovely so that's something at least!

Hope everyone is doing good today? Xxxxx

Hi ladies!

I had my consultant appointment! I was in there for an HOUR! Omg! :wacko:
Bad news is I have ridiculously high blood pressure so now I have to have it checked every week! :nope: it's always been fine up till now so it was a bit of a shock! She also said I have to take asprin and vitamin d everyday! But the lady I saw was lovely so that's something at least!

Hope everyone is doing good today? Xxxxx

Awwwww hun i know how you feel :hugs: i too was told my blood pressure was ridiculously high, i was shocked & scared coz i never had high blood before :shrug:

I was sent to gynae immediatly & had to have it checked every 3 days...
all he said was in 3rd trimister it will prob go up more then i will go on meds & be monitored more.. im fine for now as long as its below 170/90...

lots of hugs hun :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Awww thanks hun!! It is soooo scary isn't it.....especially when it comes out of nowhere, that was the last thing I was expecting to happen today! :(

I just have to have it checked every week for now and if it goes below 140/90 then I can get checked every three weeks instead! Fingers crossed it sorts itself out ASAP! Xxxxx

oh no Lynds & sparkle! high blood pressure sucks.. i hope it doesnt turn into pre-e!!! I'm hoping that my blood pressure hasnt crept up since it was checked at 18 weeks and that my pulse rate has gone down. still another week and a bit till mine gets checked again.

Im supposed to be taking aspirin too but ran out so need to ask for some more next week. Horrid dissolvable ones i had... will be asking for normal ones this time as they make me almost throw up :nope:

Thanks sethsmummy.....I really hope it doesn't turn to that too! So scared! :(
I have those horrid dissolvable aspirins too! Yuck! And massive chewable vitimin d tablets.....booooo!
Oh and she couldn't find the heartbeat either so she got one of those portable scanning machines and she couldn't see the heart because my little lady was in an awkward position but she was jumping round like a mad un so she wasn't worried! Phew! Xxxxx

oh no hun sounds like you had a bad appointment.. right little monkey you have in there lol

iv stopped taking my vitamins but think i might start again since i always feel tired now... so much for 2nd trimester bloom lol. And try not worry about the Pre E hun, the docs know about it and are keeping an eye on it so you should get the best care available x

Aww Lynds sorry about the news of a high bp hun! I have a question for you ladies in the uk though, do you always have to share rooms? Or can you have privacy? I assume you have the LO's in another room then just have to share after or else that be awkward.

Aww Lynds sorry about the news of a high bp hun! I have a question for you ladies in the uk though, do you always have to share rooms? Or can you have privacy? I assume you have the LO's in another room then just have to share after or else that be awkward.

It just depends on the hospital hun. I think every hospital you have your own room to labour in and give birth. But once your cleaned up your moved to post natal ward. Some hospitals have wards... some have private rooms.

Where i had Seth, you were put on a ward afterwards with 3 other women and their babies (absolute nightmare!) but i could have paid £50 PER NIGHT if i wanted a private room of which there were 2... BUT if someone came in who they needed to have a private room i.e c-section then they could boot you out of the room and you wouldnt get your money back.

this time round in this hospital you get your own room. Unless your unfortunate enough to come in on a very very busy time and then you may have to share a ward on the postnatal. But they are not building a new hospital here where every single room in the hospital is a single room. So regardless what you come in for pregnancy, day surgery etc etc you will only ever be put in a room of your own x

I am so excited my gender/ anomaly scan is tomorrow!! I'll be sure to post the results!

I am so excited my gender/ anomaly scan is tomorrow!! I'll be sure to post the results!

ooo good luck hun.. i hope baby behaves for you better than mine did! do you have a preferance or are you happy with either? ( i really wanted a girl this time but ended up just as happy when they told me its another boy) xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->