Plus size & pregnant join here

Ah ok! I was just curious here we labor in the same room we are in afterwards or at least here at this hospital because its on a military base. Otherwise its labor and give birth in one then move to a smaller one after baby is born.

well i thought in this hospital you birthed and then stayed in the same room.. lol but my sister told me its 2 different wards. I think labour ward has easy access to the operating theatres which is good i guess... lol with my first son i was wheeled from one side of the hospital to the other x

Hello ladies! Im a big girl and just found out im pregnant on Friday! It was unexpected because I had just decided to wait til we move next year to ttc again. (I was trying for a while and it didn't happen.) Because I have pcos my tracking app says im almost 9weeks already. I don't know but im going to the dr tomorrow hopefully to see what they can tell me. Im so excited. I see most if the posts here that I have seen, a lot of u are quite far along! Good luck to us all! :)

Hi Mrs! I'm only 11 weeks so I'm not too far ahead of you!
And congratulations :D I too found out I was pg two weeks after deciding to go back on the pill until next year. Funny how these things work sometimes... Obviously it was meant to be!

I am so excited my gender/ anomaly scan is tomorrow!! I'll be sure to post the results!

ooo good luck hun.. i hope baby behaves for you better than mine did! do you have a preferance or are you happy with either? ( i really wanted a girl this time but ended up just as happy when they told me its another boy) xxx

I have always really wanted girls over boys. I'm not sure why... So if I could choose, I would love to have a little girl. But I think health always trumps gender. :) Plus my OH has a 3 year old son already so I would really like to be able to give him a daughter.

Welcome Mrseve & Cottleston :flower: congrats on :bfp: :happydance:

Goodluck firefly with ur gender scan today!!!!!

awww thats really nice Firefly :) I hope you get your team :pink: wishing you so much good luck for your scan!

:hi: mrsevewat1 Welcome to plus size and pregnant and a HUGE congratulations on your :BFP: :happydance: It seems a lot of us had that happen, my partner and I too had decided to stop trying 2 months before we concieved.. although i didnt want to go bk on birth control and that was the reason we'd had problems for so long. Wishing you lots of luck for your doctors appointment tomorrow and also a happy and healthy 9 months :D :cloud9:

How are we all today? I'm shattered *Yawn*. hubby decided to keep waking me up trying to get sex last night even after i told him he was getting none lol. I feel bad since its been almost 2 weeks since he got any BUT we had a really bad week where we just didnt get on... and since hes not left me alone for one single day... and he knows to even possibly get anything he has to stop trying to get it and leave me the hell alone for at least a day lol

on a brighter note ITS MY V DAY :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance: Cant believe iv reached Viability day already:D so damn happy :) xxx

So I decided to listen for my LO's HB again today and it took me 5 mins to realize the little gummy bear was right there on the left side as always. Slightly hiding under my own heartbeat noise chugging away like a train. :)

Sethsmummy- Grats on V-day! Also our husbands must be related! He begs so much sometimes I can't stand him (i'm awful) I feel bad but my body just does not want anything to do with sex at the moment.

So I decided to listen for my LO's HB again today and it took me 5 mins to realize the little gummy bear was right there on the left side as always. Slightly hiding under my own heartbeat noise chugging away like a train. :)

Sethsmummy- Grats on V-day! Also our husbands must be related! He begs so much sometimes I can't stand him (i'm awful) I feel bad but my body just does not want anything to do with sex at the moment.

yeyy :) I want a doppler but just simply cant afford one :( Iv only heard Ethan's heart beat once throughout my whole pregnancy.

thanks hun :) lol my hubby doesnt bed, he just constantly tries to get it.. he'll rub when we are in bed etc and it pee's me off so much. x

Congrats on V-day Sethsmummy!

My husband was exactly the same last night... Kept waking me up and I kept telling him no. I actually kinda wanted it but I made him settle down and then did it on my terms :haha: I'm so stubborn!

Hope everyones feeling ok today. I'm just getting over flu and I've been so bogged down with that, that I've stopped feeling pregnant. I'm at 11+3 so I think I'm just at that point where my symptoms are settling anyway... but I'm anxious for my scan on monday now, just to make sure beany is ok in there.

Well I had my scan today and I am officially on team blue. I guess the pink will have to wait... :)

Oh i had my scan yesterday to and we're team pink. didnt get my blue :( but thats ok x

Hey Ladies
I hope your all doing well!
I need abit of advice on weight loss. Since i was about 7 weeks I've lost a stone but Im not hugely happy about is as i think Im basically starving myself and the baby :nope:
Dont get the wrong impression Im not doing it on purpose, Im trying to eat properly but i just don't have an appetite and when i force myself to eat like last night i end up really sick. Do you think i should be concerned about the baby? Should i contact my midwife?

Rach x x

Hey Jamiesmammy,

I wouldnt worry too much, I lost weight with all 3 of my babies, I'm about a stone and a half down with this one. I'm eating properly for a change which is what seems to be doing it, are you eating ok?

If you are really worried have a word with your midwife :hugs:

Hey KraftyKoala

thanks for responding. No Im not eating properly, I've got no appetite and when i force myself to eat i end up being sick. Im getting quite bad headaches and i think its down to not eating enough x

jamiesmammy do you drink lots of water/coffee/tea/fizzy juice? if so these could be supressing your appetite. If you do id try cutting down to see if that helps your apatite.. if not then id speak to your midwife and see if she can suggest anything that might help??

cherry and firefly congratulations on your team :pink: and :blue: lol its funny we dont seem to be getting what we are wanting just now lol

Thanks Cottleston :D glad your feeling a bit better now :D I am totally dreading getting a cold or anything. The amount of appointment i have to travel to i doubt its long till i get one... just got news today ill have more appointments to travel to since my little guy needs to see occupational therapy and education visitors as well as his speech therapist.
xxx

Just found this tread. Can i join?

This is my 1st and im a larger girl.

x

Hi all hope it's ok if I join?
My name is Claire and I'm.25. I'm 11+5 today with my second baby. I have pcos and I'm a size 18/20 and BMI is 35 so I'm classed as high risk when added ti my other health problems although I feel quite well apart from all day sickness lol.
I've lost 10lb since getting pregnant and have now put on about 6lb so midwife was happy with that.
This baby was conceived on 150mg Clomid. It was our 5th round and I had to lie to consultant to get it. He wouldn't give Clomid to het pregnant he wanted me to use it to get periods back after having very few since.my daughter in June 09.
I thought it would be ages till I felt baby but I felt him or her a few times AMD this morning when we all were listening to heartbeat baby kicked and I felt it very well and it moved the Doppler. It was so unexpected. :-D
I had first midwife appointment on Wednesday and have been refered to all sorts of things. I have consultant as an emergency on Monday to talk about a condition my husband brother was born with called Meckle Gruber syndrome, to talk about cholastasis as I had it previously with Matilda and I've had abnormal smears this year. I also have to see physio as I have hypermobility syndrome si will have problems with spd and I have to have.glucose test and also see a special midwife about healthy lifestyle due to my weight.
Phew think thats everything about me lol.
Hello to everyone and congratulations to everyone on their precious bundles

:hi: Claire and matilasmummy, of course you can both join :D Congratulations to you both on your :BFP:

Claire i also felt my little bean at around the same point :D totally unexpected since i hadnt felt my first born till 18 weeks.

seems like your going to have a busy pregnancy :) Cholastasis sucks my sister had that with her first pregnancy too, but she went on to have a totally normal second, third and fourth pregnancy :thumbup:

Sorry to hear you'v had abnormal smears hun i hope it turns out to be nothing :hugs:

I also have Lax joints but not had physio mentioned to me... and to be honest i had it during my first but it didnt help at all with the spd. Iv hit the point already where im hurting most of the time, I'm kind of glad though its a constant problem and not just a pregnancy one since it means im kind of used to the pain.. well apart from when it happens trying to roll over in bed lol.

I'm supposed to have my GTT at 26 weeks but not heard anything about it yet. So have to ask my midwife next week. I was supposed to have it at 28 weeks, but my consultant pulled it forward (not that he told me just wrote it in my notes). Not had a healthy thing mentioned though.. i think id have told them to pee off with that one. Just because we are bigger ladies doesnt mean we don't know how to eat healthily.

xxxxxxx

Hello.
Ive just been given the link to this thread after posting about plus size mums in the first trimester section, wondering if i will ever have a bump :)
So im hoping to join too

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"