Plus size & pregnant join here

I put on around 56lb (4 stone) with DS. I got told off by my skinny midwife CONSTANTLY but what you have to remember is that it's only temporary! Half of that was baby, fluid and horrendous amounts of water retention and went soon after birth. The rest I worried about after DS was settling into a routine. No point worrying about it before that as long as you're taking care of yourself.

On a personal note I'm terrified about how much I'll put on this time with twins!!

kalyrra: I wouldnt have thought that was that bad at your stage in pregnancy especially with the water retention AND the fact you kept your shoes on! just think thought hun only 8 weeks left so you shouldnt put on a hell of a lot more i wouldnt have thought. With my first i put on around about 35lbs, no idea what im gonna put on this time.

CottlestonPie: i agree hun, no point worrying to much whilst we are pregnant, as long as we get a little excercise and eat part healthily then we can worry about the rest once baby is here and sorted. :D im sure (may be wrong) but your allowed double the weight gain with twins.. so from recommended 35 yours will be 70?? i think xx

Sadly with twins the weight gain does not get to double. But I am just going by stuff I've read online. I actually have zero experience personally. I have always wanted twins :)

Sadly with twins the weight gain does not get to double. But I am just going by stuff I've read online. I actually have zero experience personally. I have always wanted twins :)

pooh thats a shame lol. i would have thought with two babies growing in there, especially if you go all the way to full term that it would add double the weight. x

pooh thats a shame lol. i would have thought with two babies growing in there, especially if you go all the way to full term that it would add double the weight. x

I know right! It just doesn't seem fair!

omg WOOT :happydance: just realised my ticker has finally moved from papaya to an egg plant :D jeez 25 weeks has gone so fast! only 3 weeks and one day till my first growth scan :) x

Hi everyone :) How are you all?

I'm praying I get signed off work tomorrow while I'm at the drs. Physically I feel fine but mentally I'm doing pants. I so hope she will give me time off till my maternity. Sigh.

Fingers crossed!! :)

omg WOOT :happydance: just realised my ticker has finally moved from papaya to an egg plant :D jeez 25 weeks has gone so fast! only 3 weeks and one day till my first growth scan :) x

Yey! Haha. Isn't the time just flying! I can't believe I've not long till the 3rd trimester. :happydance:

Hi everyone :) How are you all?

I'm praying I get signed off work tomorrow while I'm at the drs. Physically I feel fine but mentally I'm doing pants. I so hope she will give me time off till my maternity. Sigh.

Fingers crossed!! :)

hey hun im doing good today... i will keep myfingers crossed for you that she signs you off! it really sounds like you need it hun. some good R&R :D xxxxx

hey ladies,

how is everyone doing?! me im not so hot i havent been feeling good at all AGAIN:cry:
then on top of it all i see if my doctor has called in my zofran and she didnt "ugh" today i just got feed up with her!! i didnt really like her from the jump either:-/ so i called back today and ask for the doctor alot of my friends see.
He is a guy ive never had a guy as my OBgyn before?! anyone else seeing a MALE dr?!
so i see him the 14th but i made a appointment with the doctor who took care of me with my son and that i also seen before i got pregnant but the thing is that she is just so far away:wacko: now i found out my insurance covers a ride there and back but idk if i wanna go threw all of that and DH he can start coming with me at the end but right now is just not a good time for him to be taken off especially since christmas is around the corner BLAH i hate having one TRUCK and what really sucks is he drives around in a work truck all day anyway i mean i do get up sometimes and drive him but u know with DS and when the other kids are over its not as easy and that...well im gonna call it a night i can barely keep my eyes open dh just got off so night night or goodmorning lol good whatever it is wherever u are lol

hey ladies,

how is everyone doing?! me im not so hot i havent been feeling good at all AGAIN:cry:
then on top of it all i see if my doctor has called in my zofran and she didnt "ugh" today i just got feed up with her!! i didnt really like her from the jump either:-/ so i called back today and ask for the doctor alot of my friends see.
He is a guy ive never had a guy as my OBgyn before?! anyone else seeing a MALE dr?!
so i see him the 14th but i made a appointment with the doctor who took care of me with my son and that i also seen before i got pregnant but the thing is that she is just so far away:wacko: now i found out my insurance covers a ride there and back but idk if i wanna go threw all of that and DH he can start coming with me at the end but right now is just not a good time for him to be taken off especially since christmas is around the corner BLAH i hate having one TRUCK and what really sucks is he drives around in a work truck all day anyway i mean i do get up sometimes and drive him but u know with DS and when the other kids are over its not as easy and that...well im gonna call it a night i can barely keep my eyes open dh just got off so night night or goodmorning lol good whatever it is wherever u are lol

Good morning hun :) I am ok so far today but only been awake for an hour. I have a male consultant if thats what an Ob is?? today i see my midwife and im debating whether to ask about elective c-section or not. Sucks that your doc didnt get in your meds hun! Mine have done that before and its so annoying. Go with what you think is best for you and baby hun, if that means a travel across town then go for it.. i have to travel an hour to my hospital when i need to go there. Unfortunately thats the closest one to me where my consultant is so i get no choice in the matter lol.

how old are all the kids hun? xx

kalyrra: im sure (may be wrong) but your allowed double the weight gain with twins.. so from recommended 35 yours will be 70?? i think xx

I wish hun lol
Doing a little bit of reading, apparently I should be aiming for a 25-42lb gain. That'll be a struggle for me I think considering how much I put on with my singleton pregnancy! Oh well, I can but try...

kalyrra: im sure (may be wrong) but your allowed double the weight gain with twins.. so from recommended 35 yours will be 70?? i think xx

I wish hun lol
Doing a little bit of reading, apparently I should be aiming for a 25-42lb gain. That'll be a struggle for me I think considering how much I put on with my singleton pregnancy! Oh well, I can but try...

:o seriously thats all your supposed to put on :S thats not much more than a singleton! rediculous if you ask me to say each baby could be at least 7lb by the time you hit term thats 14lb.. plus 2 placenta, 2 amnio sacs, even more blood :dohh::dohh: they expect you not to eat or something...

I'm guessing today i will have put on aroudn 14lb. going to speak to midwife today about an elective c-section and see what she says. x

Well, another girl I work with is also pregnant, she is about 4 weeks ahead of me... today was her last day, and she's off for maternity leave! I am so jealous! lol We both work the same sort of job. We sit at a large desk in an office chair for 12 hrs of shift, and can only leave the desk for bathroom breaks and to grab our lunches from the fridge and/or heat it up. We eat at our desks.

So... 12 hrs of sitting in a chair is NOT good for the swelling of your hands and feet! She managed to get her OB to sign her off work early, and it gets put under short term disability leave so as not to waste the 6 weeks of maternity leave we're limited to. Since I share the same OB as her, I think I'm going to see if she'll do the same thing for me!! I'll try to hold off until after the Christmas holidays are over, and try to reach about 36 weeks along, but then I'm gunning for it! :haha: By the time I went to bed yesterday, my feet and ankles were so swollen that I couldn't really feel them anymore, and none of my shoes or slippers fit! I'm wearing my husband's! :dohh:

sethsmummy - an OB is an obstetrician... a doctor who specializes in pregnancy/childbirth... prenatal and postnatal care.

cottlestonpie - twins, how exciting! Don't worry about how much weight you should or shouldn't gain.... if you eat healthy, your body will do what it needs to.
I'd have to read up on them, but I was under the impression that delivery for twins averages around 36-37 weeks instead of the usual 40 for a singleton, and usually closer to 5.5 lbs each instead of a singleton 7 lbs. Still, I can't imagine how crowded it is! Kudos to you, I'm having a hard time handling one! :rofl:

Miwi - hoping your Dr signs you off work!! Fingers crossed! :hugs:

hell that doesnt sound good hun! Your work should have something in place to help prevent you from having to sit for long periods of time... I hope the ob signs you off when you want hun!

ah yeah we call them a consultant :)

hehe damn i need to look up twins .. heeh id have been buggered if id had them with all the things iv thought!

MIWI: how did you get on hun have you been to the doctors yet? xxxx

hell that doesnt sound good hun! Your work should have something in place to help prevent you from having to sit for long periods of time... I hope the ob signs you off when you want hun!

ah yeah we call them a consultant :)

hehe damn i need to look up twins .. heeh id have been buggered if id had them with all the things iv thought!

MIWI: how did you get on hun have you been to the doctors yet? xxxx

Aw Hun thanks for remembering! I got on great, she signed me off for 6 weeks, no questions asked! :thumbup: I can't tell you how much I needed this!!
Now just waiting for HR to get in touch with me about my maternity dates as I was taking holiday before maternity and apparently I can't go from sick to holiday. But as long as I'm still employed on Jan 7th I should qualify for my maternity benefits, and technically I'll be off sick till about the 10th :) Phew!

:happydance::happydance: good to hear hun, i hope work dont start to get funny with you!

I am just back from the midwife... AND she said she cant see there being a problem with me being approved for an elective section!! I need to get to go ahead from my consultant (who i see on the 20th dec) and my anesthetist ( who i see on the 11th dec).. but she knows it has been done under my circumstances so i am one very happy lady

also i am measuring 2 weeks ahead on fundal height, my pulse is still up 128bpm going down to 104bpm while i was there. My BP is slowly starting to creep up too. And i have put on a grand total of 4kg (i think that is around 8lbs???)

xxxx

I hope they don't either! But I'm out of there now so it should be easier to deal with if they do! Screw em ;) haha.

Ah I'm glad you get an elective section. Sounds like that's definately the best choice for you! Your midwife weighs you? I'd run out screaming if mine tried to, I've gained loads more than your lil half a stone ;) Good for you! I'm happy for you :)

Are you going back to the job once baby is here? or are you being a full time mummy.

its not decided yet if i can have it hun. Its only my consultant and anesthetist who can say a definite yes or no. but midwife said she cant see it being a problem :) Im most happy about having a definite date if i do get it... because then there is no stress or worry about getting to the hospital in time etc

I actually weighed myself.. haha got to the end of the appointment and i asked if i could be weighed. I was sure my scales were out so wanted to double check. I will ask to be weighed again at my consultant appointment as their scales are digital and more accurate :)

xxx

Are you going back to the job once baby is here? or are you being a full time mummy.

its not decided yet if i can have it hun. Its only my consultant and anesthetist who can say a definite yes or no. but midwife said she cant see it being a problem :) Im most happy about having a definite date if i do get it... because then there is no stress or worry about getting to the hospital in time etc

I actually weighed myself.. haha got to the end of the appointment and i asked if i could be weighed. I was sure my scales were out so wanted to double check. I will ask to be weighed again at my consultant appointment as their scales are digital and more accurate :)

xxx

No, I'm not going back! We could make ends meet on OHs salary, but I'm going to apply for tax credits and from what the online calculator says we would get nearly the same amount as I earn :wacko: Working for a charity isn't very well paid lol. So that could be me officially finished with work for a long time :) Though I'm keeping my options open and not telling work for a long while yet!

Ah sorry, I must have misread! I completely agree that having the date of a c-section would be a massive relief. Im not good with the unknown. But I have to be honest, I'm scared of surgery. Think I'd rather suffer through labour if I was able to, but that's just me and basically all the mums I know ave chosen to have a csection - they all think I'm mad!! Lol. Maybe Im just naive :p

I'm so scared of the scales now I'm pregnant. I think it's because I'm scared of the number bringing me down. I know I'm heavier now than ive ever been. I'm glad I'm off work now though, I'll have more energy to cook proper meals and go walking. In theory ;) xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->