Plus size & pregnant join here

Seths, thanks for the consultant info! Hoping for a quick and easy appointment but we'll see! This was booked before I knew there's more than one so I'm not sure that'll make a difference.
Good luck with your appointment today hun.. Hope it goes smoothly and you find out what's what x

I feel a bit mad with this flu jab! I felt quite relieved after I cancelled it but as soon as I put the phone down I thought "well maybe I should re-book it...." but I keep changing my mind :dohh:

thanks hun :)

ahhh maybe due to a higher BMI hun. Something as silly as that but it will no doubt be about those things now lol.

just stick with your gut instinct hun. If you decide in the end you want it then you can always re-book it :) x

Lovely pic! Can't wait to join the bump pic club.... I just look bloated at the mo! Expecting to have a B bump for a good long while too.

Hey ladies i know i have been mia for a while, well its been a very stressful week or 2.. :cry:
i dont even know where to start... let me put it this way INLAWS :growlmad::cry:

where do i start my hubby has 3 sisters (2older &1 his twin) so he is baby..
Twin sister always has an attention issue, middle sister the snitch to MIL & older sister the normal one of the lot...
We are god parents of twin sister child who is baby of fam @ the mo, but we decided to ask older sister (normal one) to be our baby godparents, we where already sceptical to tell fam esp mil & twin coz they would expect twin sis to be godparents coz we are her daughters - weird i know :dohh:
well we finally told MIL that we asked her oldest daughter to be godparents & she didnt say anything but her face said it all - pure disgust as if i asked some psycho stranger... @ a fam get together few days later no one mentioned anything about the baby godparents or even said anything to my older sis about it.. twin sister ignored us the whole day.. im just fed up of there BS.. When we told MIL that baby was a little girl, she was'nt excited either:nope: im just fed up thats all, they not even happy about anything we decide suppose i should be use to it all - sorry rant over :blush:

on the bright side had our 20 week scan last week, everything looked well baby is all healthy except a little small - she is getting enuf nutrition, just on the small side, but they not worried coz she might catch up in 3rd tri... i say rather too small then too big she still has to come out iykwim :haha:

so monday night in bed, we felt the 1st proper movement/ kick.. hubby had to leace for work the next day (gone for 3 weeks) so iwas teasing him that he wont fell the 1st real kick, he was a bit bummed , started rubbing my belly & bam there it was, my little :ninja: kicked.. dh was sooooo happy he couldnt believe it lol

how are you all doing??? im going to go catch up on previous posts, damn this thread moves fast :haha: its all seths faullt:haha:

let me know if i need to do updates on the front page ladies :hugs:

thanks Miwi, not looking forward to it, i itched all night and woke up again itchy! Its driving me mad.

only one more day till your GTT hun, i so hope they can figure out why you are so thirsty xxx

Oooh that sounds awful! You're itchy and I'm thirsty. We sound like a fun pair don't we!! Haha. Like 2 of the 7 dwarves! Any news on your appointment yet Hun?

Thanks! I called my midwife this morn, she was about as much use as a chocolate fireman - she was really shocked they told me not to drink, checked with the hospital and then confirmed I couldn't drink. I asked her why I was so thirsty, she didn't have a clue and said even if it is GD there's no quick fix :dohh: To be fair I knew that but I was kind of hoping they might have some urgency about the situation! No doubt I'll start feeling better after my test ;) Always the way lol.

I hope you get some answers on your itching soon :hugs:

ladies i want to see ur bumps :happydance:

here is mine taken almost 2 weeks ago :blush:

https://img835.imageshack.us/img835/549/dsc06349z.jpg

Welcome back sparkle :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

so sorry to hear you'v had a stressful few weeks huni

Sod the MIL and twin hun its your baby not theirs. I will say though i had the same problem when i had seth christened. Because I am my sisters childrens (2 of them of the 4) god mum it was expected of me to have my sister and her husband as god parents... I didn't want that. I picked my best friend and her partner as i knew even if they ever split her partner would still be a huge part of seths life unlike my sisters husband. They have an unstable relationship at the best of times and have been getting "divorced" around 20 times in the time they'v been together. But now 2 years later we know we made the right choice and everyone else agrees. This baby is not being christened but thats because i no longer attend church since moving. I will have a little naming day for him though instead. and congratulations on :pink: I dont remember if iv already said it or not lol :haha:

:) my baby is on the littler side too hun dont worry. he was measuring 5 days behind at my anomoly scan. but seth was small so im not worried in the slightest.. only 14 days till my next scan :)

Awww :D that was so darn sweet that baby kicked for your dh. But im sorry he has to leave for 3 weeks, do you have support around you incase the in laws start causing any trouble?

:blush: hehe sorry hun ;)

I have an emergency appointment with my midwife today. Her clinic is from 2 - 3:20 but she had no appointments so i just have to go and sit there till she can squeeze me in... I think im getting cholestasis as i have had constant itching the last 3 days and it is driving me bonkers. My sister had it during her 1st pregnancy so im at a high risk of this being what it is. Im not sure what it means for me if it is cholestasis though, i think meds and possible early delivery of baby.

xxxx

oh some pics from 20 weeks scan, lil munchkin was moving like a tornado, wouldnt lay still & was hidding behind my bones :dohh:

lil munchkin face
https://img213.imageshack.us/img213/7151/babyfacec.jpg

sucking thumb i think not sure lol
https://img546.imageshack.us/img546/6586/20121202122647.jpg

love this :cloud9: lying with hands under her chin lol
https://img208.imageshack.us/img208/66/20121202122513.jpg

lovely bump pic sparkle! I will try add one later on, ill wash my vest top first as thats what shows my bump the best... i love your nursery!!! And those scan pics are gorgeous :) xx

thanks Miwi, not looking forward to it, i itched all night and woke up again itchy! Its driving me mad.

only one more day till your GTT hun, i so hope they can figure out why you are so thirsty xxx

Oooh that sounds awful! You're itchy and I'm thirsty. We sound like a fun pair don't we!! Haha. Like 2 of the 7 dwarves! Any news on your appointment yet Hun?

Thanks! I called my midwife this morn, she was about as much use as a chocolate fireman - she was really shocked they told me not to drink, checked with the hospital and then confirmed I couldn't drink. I asked her why I was so thirsty, she didn't have a clue and said even if it is GD there's no quick fix :dohh: To be fair I knew that but I was kind of hoping they might have some urgency about the situation! No doubt I'll start feeling better after my test ;) Always the way lol.

hahah yeah thirsty and itchy.... ladies.. whos being the other 5 drawfes and whats your names lol. I just have to go in at 2 hun and sit around waiting for her to fit me in!

:s that is so damn weird that you cant drink :S stupid hospital.they should all have the same rules in my opinion. If it is GD hun it might not be a quick fix but they should help you with it still. Maybe cutting certain types of foods or even upping certain types would help. Either that or if it cant be controlled by diet insulin should help. My sister was put on insulin and it helped her thirst a lot.

xxx

Eek hope you get seen to quickly! Nobody likes watching the clock in a waiting room... Good luck!

Sparkle, great bump pic and what gorgeous scan photos.. Love the bottom one. How cute!

I'm going for my daily nap. Hope to god this second tri energy burst happens for me or i think Sleepy will have to be my dwarf name :sleep:

lovely bump pic sparkle! I will try add one later on, ill wash my vest top first as thats what shows my bump the best... i love your nursery!!! And those scan pics are gorgeous :) xx

hahah yeah thirsty and itchy.... ladies.. whos being the other 5 drawfes and whats your names lol. I just have to go in at 2 hun and sit around waiting for her to fit me in!

:s that is so damn weird that you cant drink :S stupid hospital.they should all have the same rules in my opinion. If it is GD hun it might not be a quick fix but they should help you with it still. Maybe cutting certain types of foods or even upping certain types would help. Either that or if it cant be controlled by diet insulin should help. My sister was put on insulin and it helped her thirst a lot.

xxx

I hope they don't keep you waiting too long! And I hope they give you some answers, maybe there is some kind of tablet you can take to relieve the itching, or a cream they can give you even if it's just a temporary measure . . . Itching sucks, I've had eczema all my life so I can sort of understand!

It is weird but I guess there's nothing I can do, unless I hop on a ferry and get it done in Scotland. Trust me to be in N.Ireland where apparently they're fussy! :winkwink: If they keep me waiting around longer than they have to you may see me on the news lol.

Ok, so we have thirsty, itchy and sleepy! Anyone else? :haha:

Well she got me in first before anyone else.. and lets just say she was extremely pissed off with the woman at the hospital.. apparently i should have been seen at the hospital last night! She took a full blood work (not due till 28 weeks but said she may aswell since she's pinching blood anyway). She will either get the results back tomorrow afternoon or Saturday. IF it shows high levels then they will have to keep an eye on me, lots of CTG for baby and regulat LFT (liver function tests) for me. There is nothing they can do for it she says apart from keep an eye on it. If my levels come down then thats great... if they stay high then i will probably be taken in at 37 weeks to have Ethan. But she will need to discuss it all with my consultant if it comes back that i do have Cholestesis.

AND my Blood Pressure has gone up even more! Oh the joys along with high levels of leukocytes in my urine and protein (not an infection as there is no nitrite's showing). She said it is very early for either Pre-e or Chelstasis BUT this is around the time they both start to show (which is rubbish as there are ladies on here who have had their babies at 25 weeks due to Pre-e). She says there is definitely something brewing :dohh::nope:

and there was me hoping for a nice easy pregnancy with no complications this time :cry:

Suppose I will be classed as one of those texbook what happens when your "fat" and pregnant. :(

Aw Hun. I'm sorry to hear that! Though I'm glad you're getting the care you need now, and it wasn't put off any longer! I honestly don't think this is weight related, there are so many woman with no risk factors at all that develop complications, unfortunately I just think its one of those things. :hugs: How are you feeling now?

I'm feeling ok thanks hun, its only my feet and legs that are itchy just now. Theres nothing they can give me for the itch though :( only E45 but iv tried that!

I hope it comes back clear and its nothing like that to be honest. I have my fingers and toes crossed lol xx

hows the thirst today? xx

I'm feeling ok thanks hun, its only my feet and legs that are itchy just now. Theres nothing they can give me for the itch though :( only E45 but iv tried that!

I hope it comes back clear and its nothing like that to be honest. I have my fingers and toes crossed lol xx

Ach you never know it could just be a strange phase, like something has irritated your skin? I take it you've thought of all the usual suspects like washing powder etc, and you've not eaten anything different?

My OH is convinced that my thirst is a phase lol. I hope he's right, though I'm not so sure . . . That being said, I do actually feel a bit better today. Though I've been so terrified to eat anything that's going to make me thirsty that I've not had much today (think I'm developing some kind of irrational food phobia lol) not that it'll do me any harm!

Just had the last supper, dragged OH round asda for about 30 mins as nothing appealed to me / I was scared to eat stuff, settled for a chicken breast with carrot and swede mash. Then finished off half of OHs sausage sandwich lol (granary bread though :winkwink: ) Hope I'll be ok tonight. Eeeeek!

Oh the joys eh! Have you tried a Luke warm bath? Sudocrem? Ugh I really do feel for you! Xxx

Ach you never know it could just be a strange phase, like something has irritated your skin? I take it you've thought of all the usual suspects like washing powder etc, and you've not eaten anything different?

My OH is convinced that my thirst is a phase lol. I hope he's right, though I'm not so sure . . . That being said, I do actually feel a bit better today. Though I've been so terrified to eat anything that's going to make me thirsty that I've not had much today (think I'm developing some kind of irrational food phobia lol) not that it'll do me any harm!

Just had the last supper, dragged OH round asda for about 30 mins as nothing appealed to me / I was scared to eat stuff, settled for a chicken breast with carrot and swede mash. Then finished off half of OHs sausage sandwich lol (granary bread though :winkwink: ) Hope I'll be ok tonight. Eeeeek!

Oh the joys eh! Have you tried a Luke warm bath? Sudocrem? Ugh I really do feel for you! Xxx

I've used the same washing powder for a long time hun so i cant see it being that. and iv not ate anything different lately.

I'm glad you are feeling a bit better today :D

ohhh you know that sounds so nice.. just missing a little bit of white sauce. hell i want carrot and swede now. and that sausage sarny sounds bloody good too! I will be keeping my fingers crossed for you and hope it goes ok hun!

yep, tried bath, shower, sudocrem, e45, normal moisturizer, baby lotion and nothing helps :( xxx

Hey ladies quick question. Have any of you ladies experienced a significant amount of weight loss during your pregnancy. In almost fifteen weeks and so far I have loss fifteen pounds. My grandmother keeps telling me that I'm going to gain all of it back plus some but I'm really hoping that isn't the case. Help please

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->