Plus size & pregnant join here

Hey ladies quick question. Have any of you ladies experienced a significant amount of weight loss during your pregnancy. In almost fifteen weeks and so far I have loss fifteen pounds. My grandmother keeps telling me that I'm going to gain all of it back plus some but I'm really hoping that isn't the case. Help please

I'v not experienced this personally hun but i know there are a few women on B&B who have had this happen. And my midwife told me a lot of bigger women end up a lot lighter than they started. xx

Oh Hun I hope it passes for you. At least we'll both have some answers soon :hugs:

I vote for sausage sandwiches for everyone lol. It's been ages since I had one and it was lovely :) I really want some chocolate but I'm bloody terrified it'll send my sugar soaring and make me thirsty . . . If I could drink all night I wouldn't mind so much, but I can't :( Ugh!

Strange question, but, do you think if I moisturise a ton tonight it would help tomorrow with not drinking? Lol, I'm thinking that your body must use water to hydrate your skin . . . Maybe I'm just clutching at straws here! :-/

Hey ladies quick question. Have any of you ladies experienced a significant amount of weight loss during your pregnancy. In almost fifteen weeks and so far I have loss fifteen pounds. My grandmother keeps telling me that I'm going to gain all of it back plus some but I'm really hoping that isn't the case. Help please

I haven't lost weight, although I feel like I may loose in my third trimester as my appetite is really going down. I would try not to worry Hun, I don't think it's uncommon when you have excess weight :hugs:

Oh Hun I hope it passes for you. At least we'll both have some answers soon :hugs:

I vote for sausage sandwiches for everyone lol. It's been ages since I had one and it was lovely :) I really want some chocolate but I'm bloody terrified it'll send my sugar soaring and make me thirsty . . . If I could drink all night I wouldn't mind so much, but I can't :( Ugh!

Strange question, but, do you think if I moisturise a ton tonight it would help tomorrow with not drinking? Lol, I'm thinking that your body must use water to hydrate your skin . . . Maybe I'm just clutching at straws here! :-/

haha ill second that vote! I dont think moisturizing will help, but just try drink as much as you can before you have to stop. OR if you have some juicy foods eat them.. like fruit or something.

what time do you have to be there in the morning? x

haha ill second that vote! I dont think moisturizing will help, but just try drink as much as you can before you have to stop. OR if you have some juicy foods eat them.. like fruit or something.

what time do you have to be there in the morning? x

Yea didn't think so lol. I'm definately going to drink loads tonight, though I'm actually feeling A LOT better than I did last night and this morning, thank god. So fingers crossed tomorrow isn't too bad. I've got OH to put some films on my iPad so I'm going to just sit and try to forget what's going on while I'm there!

I've to be up on the ward at half 8. We're only ten mins from the hospital luckily so I'm going to get up at the last min and just jump in the car. Praying they don't keep me waiting once I'm there!! Xx

Miwi and Seths, I hope you both get some answers soon! I've totally forgotten how long it takes to get GTT results. Come to think of it I've not had my NT results back yet and my scan was a week and a half ago. I'm taking that as a good sign but the wait still sucks!

Shyiah, I think it's ok to lose a bit of weight. In fact I was hoping to too! No such luck though :haha:

lol well that is certainly a good sign hun :D ooo thats good that your going to have something to do! Ah you'v to be there same time as i do for mine but i will be late by around 10/15 minutes. but i told the midwife about that and she said as long as im there for 9 i should be ok. There is no way in hell i am getting seth up at half 5 in the morning to get on a bus at 6:55am. Its going to be a long enough day without fighting with him first thing in the morning when he doesn't want to wake up.

Thanks Cottlestonpie :D I think i get my GTT results either the same day or the next day. Did you not have your NT results on your scan report hun? You maybe wont find out till your next midwife/consultant appointment. I couldnt get NT since baby was lying in the wrong position and wouldnt budge :haha: so had to wait to have the quad test at 15 weeks. How was your nap hun? xx

Miwi and Seths, I hope you both get some answers soon! I've totally forgotten how long it takes to get GTT results. Come to think of it I've not had my NT results back yet and my scan was a week and a half ago. I'm taking that as a good sign but the wait still sucks!

Shyiah, I think it's ok to lose a bit of weight. In fact I was hoping to too! No such luck though :haha:

Thanks Hun. They told me I'd get my GTT results the next day, lthough as its a Friday it'll be Monday! I definitely think no news is good news :winkwink:

Thanks Hun. They told me I'd get my GTT results the next day, lthough as its a Friday it'll be Monday! I definitely think no news is good news :winkwink:

i wouldnt say that for my hospital... my friend had hers done a few weeks ago.. and they forgot to send the bloods to the lab :S So she had to have a re done a week later!

i wouldnt say that for my hospital... my friend had hers done a few weeks ago.. and they forgot to send the bloods to the lab :S So she had to have a re done a week later!

Oh my god I'd be livid! Lol. That being said my hospital did forget about me lol, when I phoned to ask if I was getting a GTT the midwife was like 'oh haven't you had that yet?!' Sheesh! Lol. :dohh:

Oh my god I'd be livid! Lol. That being said my hospital did forget about me lol, when I phoned to ask if I was getting a GTT the midwife was like 'oh haven't you had that yet?!' Sheesh! Lol. :dohh:

:o SNAP! i had to phone and make my appointment because they had forgot about me! If i hadn't asked then i wouldn't have been getting it when my consultant wanted me to!

xx

I got the nuchal fold measurement during the scan which was totally fine but they also mail the blood result within two weeks so I should have it by Monday. The nurse did say if there was an issue with bloodwork then they'd call within a week and they haven't so it can't be bad.

I almost had the opposite problem to you Seths... Babies were moving and kicking each other so much that we nearly couldn't get the measurements!

Omg I bet your friend was peeved! Having to redo bloods would be such a pain in the wotsit!

:o SNAP! i had to phone and make my appointment because they had forgot about me! If i hadn't asked then i wouldn't have been getting it when my consultant wanted me to!

xx

:dohh: Bloody people! Lol. Good job we're on the ball!

Oh my god it's 9:45! :cry: Too bad I'm being a rebel and drinking up to 10:30 . . . I think ten hours is long enough thanks very much!! :thumbup:

Oh hun you're gonna be peeing for England tonight! :haha:
Best of luck for tomorrow x

cottleston: aaa thats not so bad. I got my blood results 2 weeks on the dot so you might just be the same. I still cant believe you are having twins :D its so exciting. Are they in the same sac hun?

oo she was... spitting feathers as she has 4 kids already that she had to get babysat x

Miwi: it sure is hun and we are supposed to be the forgetfull ones! Go you :) I agree 10 hours is more than long enough to go without drinking!

I am going to head to bed... well in a little while.. Seth is also being a rebel tonight and is still awake at 10:30 :o

xxxxx

Yeah I'll just wait and see, if they don't come by Monday I'll call them and ask for the result.
Im just about adjusting to the twin thing haha! They're not in the same sac, they've got their own sacs, placentas, all that stuff which is nice as it apparently lowers the risk a bit. Phew!

Hope Seth lets you get some sleep tonight... I might try and sleep too actually. If the heartburn allows it... N'night Xx

Thanks ladies! :) I'll be very glad when all this is over! Hope you both manage to get some sleep. I'm going to sleep very soon too, and up at the last minute! Eeek! Xx

Morning ladies :wave:, hope you had a good nights :sleep:..

i didnt :nope: had weird dreams & didnt feel munchkin kick since Monday :shrug:, she is already a daddys girl, she only kicked when he was here even if it was 1 time only, then he left the next day lol

Ladies, im livid. This is such a mess up. Im having my GTT test, but it took them and hour and seven needles to get my first blood sample. So I didn't have my drink till twenty to 10. They have just given me my second blood test less than half an hour after my drink . . . What the hell? I kept asking them was it alright, the midwife said yes, but im pretty sure Im definitely going to fail now. Ugh. When I first came in they said every hour, but clearly they just mean whenever they have a minute. :(

Ladies, im livid. This is such a mess up. Im having my GTT test, but it took them and hour and seven needles to get my first blood sample. So I didn't have my drink till twenty to 10. They have just given me my second blood test less than half an hour after my drink . . . What the hell? I kept asking them was it alright, the midwife said yes, but im pretty sure Im definitely going to fail now. Ugh. When I first came in they said every hour, but clearly they just mean whenever they have a minute. :(

oh dear hun :hugs::hugs::hugs: 7 needles :saywhat: sounds like such a mess & they dont know what they doing :dohh: i thought u were not allowed to have water, so when they took it again you had consumed water????
lots of hugs hun :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->