Plus size & pregnant join here

Hey ladies :hi:

Sorry I've been MIA for so long..... I've been keeping upto date with you all but have to be carefull of spying eyes at work so haven't had chance to post anything! Boooo!

Good news.....my blood pressure is back down to its normal levels! Yaaay!:happydance:

Also, had my anaesthetist appointment this morning.....man I was so scared! But it was fine....she was really lovely! She just went through all pain relief options then checked my back and throat and said if I needed an epi or to be knocked out it wouldn't be a problem and that was it! Woohoo! :happydance:

In other news....I'm feeling my little lady all the time now it's amazing! She's so lively! DH felt her for the first time a few nights ago too and he put his head on my belly to see if he could hear anything and she kicked him in the head!! Hahahaha!! It was so funny! :haha:

Oh no miwi that is terrible.....I didn't think they could do that! If you fail it you should ask them to redo it! Hope you're ok? :hugs:

I hope you're all doing really wel? Lots of hugs to you all xxxxx

Ladies, im livid. This is such a mess up. Im having my GTT test, but it took them and hour and seven needles to get my first blood sample. So I didn't have my drink till twenty to 10. They have just given me my second blood test less than half an hour after my drink . . . What the hell? I kept asking them was it alright, the midwife said yes, but im pretty sure Im definitely going to fail now. Ugh. When I first came in they said every hour, but clearly they just mean whenever they have a minute. :(

oh dear hun :hugs::hugs::hugs: 7 needles :saywhat: sounds like such a mess & they dont know what they doing :dohh: i thought u were not allowed to have water, so when they took it again you had consumed water????
lots of hugs hun :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Oh sorry, by drink I mean the glucose drink they give you! But im meant to have blood test before the drink, then one an hour after, then a third an hour after that. But mine is going to go blood test at 9:20, drink at 10:45 as they forgot about me and I had to go find them, then blood test at 10:15. Then god knows when my next test will be lol. Goodness sake.

Thanks Lynds. To be honest if I fail I think I'll just live like I have GD. It can't do any harm I suppose. They don't let you drink after 10pm at my hospital so I really don't want to redo lol xx

Ok so first off Miwi: that is disgusting! I would make a complaint to someone. Imagine forgetting a pregnant woman who has need been allowed to eat or drink since 10pm the previous night! That is just shocking, and also taking the bloods before an hour! I would ask if they have noted it down that it was only 30 minutes... as if they put it as an hour then of course its going to come back high as your poor bodies only had 30 minutes! I am so angry for you! And i cant believe it took them 7 attempts to get your blood! If the person couldn't do it they should have asked someone else to come in and do it.. im afraid i would not have put up with that rubbish,,.. your poor arm must be so sore!

Cottleston: phew good news to hear that they are in their own sacks hun :)

Sparkle: awww huni :hugs: you know it wont be long till you are feeling your little bubbs kicking away all the time. With seth i think i was 22 weeks before i got regular movements. She maybe just doesn't want daddy to miss any special moments :hugs:

:hi: Lynds :D glad to see you back huni... bad co workers lol they are supposed to not look :haha: :happydance: for your blood pressure coming back down, that is such good news huni :D I'm glad your anesthetist appointment went well, I have mine on tuesday and i hope they are as nice.. but i will be discussing an elective section so don't know what they will be like. And congratulations on babba kicking all the time.. cant believe your oh got kicked in the head :haha: Ethan wont even kick when my dh has his hand on my tummy. poor man has given up trying to feel him move.

In other news I got my Bile Salt Level results ladies... and its at 4 which is within the "normal" range but since its not negative my midwife will do it again at 28 weeks since i will be having more blood drawn then anyway.My blood pressure is still up though. So happy though and I hope its just a little glitch where my bodies decided to be extra extra itchy. I had a real weird sensation this morning..... Either Ethan or my Placenta moved right to the front of my tummy and i could feel a REALLY strong pulse, it was so strong it was moving my hand when i pressed on it and then i could feel Ethan kick on top of that... so darn weird lol.

Hey seths! I'm so annoyed by the whole thing, I feel like it was a total waste of time as they messed up the times . . . I asked two midwives if it was ok, they both said yes, but I'm pretty sure this now means I'm going to fail. Diabetes clinic here I come . . . But I think I'd rather do that than have to redo that stinking test. I'm so glad to be home, I think I'm going to go to bed and nap! On the plus side I'm really not as thirsty as I thought I would be, just ate so I'll see how I go today.

I'm glad your levels are within normal Hun, hopefully they stay that way! I think it was a glitch ;) Just like my thirst! Fingers crossed!! Oooh that does sound weird, I had no idea our placentas could move like that! Strange :) xx

I'm glad you'v got it over and done with hun, although i think id rather re do it than have to prick my finger several times a day for another 3 months lol but thats just me.

yeah hope so hun we shall see what the next level comes back as. hehe i didnt know the placenta could move like that either so im thinking it must have just been Ethan.. must have been having a good stretch in there :haha:

i hope you have a good nap hun xxx

Yea you might be right. I forgot about the finger pricking! Well I will just see what happens I suppose, hopefully I'll pass with flying colours! :)

Well I know my LO has been very active today, stretching lots more than usual! Maybe there's something in the water lol xx

hehe, must be hun.. feels like he is doing summersaults in there right now.. my tummy feels like it is rippling :haha:

I will keep my fingers crossed for you... when do you get the results? xx

Aw it's so nice when they're active, I really love it :)

Well originally they told me Monday, but today they said it could be today or tomorrow. Apparently if you get a phone call it's bad news, if you just get a letter it's good. I'm eating whatever I want today, just incase lol. Preparing for the worst!

hahaah make sure you eat plenty of cake and chocolate lol. I think everyone here gets a phone call hun regardless of whether its good or bad xx

That's the plan lol. My thirst is a lot better too so maybe it was just a phase :-/ I'm a weirdo I think. Haha. If I haven't heard by Tuesday I'll phone the ward and ask! I'm really curious to know. Going to be good after today though, only one bad day is allowed. I'm calling it Food Friday lol.

How's your itching today Hun? Xx

Omg just catching up... Miwi, the way they treated you is disgusting! I'd suggest asking for another one but I know that'd be a total and utter nightmare. So angry for you!

Seths, glad yours came back normal gun. Sounds like they're gonna keep on top of it if they're testing again at 28 weeks. Great news!

As for me... My downs result came this morning. Low risk, 1:50,000. Phew.
Tempted to use the Doppler again but common sense is telling me it's not worth the worry in case I don't hear one of the twins or something.

Miwi: that sounds like a damn good plan to me. Im still itchy, arms,neck,head so far my legs and feet normally kick in at night time (or they did last night anyway).

Cottleston :happydance: woop woop for low risk :D its so reasuring to get that isn't it. And thank you , yeah i am so glad she is going to keep a look out for it. Its like she said though if shes taking blood anyway she may as well while she is there :)

Give the doppler a go, you never know you may just be able to pick both up.. but just remind yourself your not a proffesional and if you cant find both then dont worry. Im sure once you are much further on and you can be sure where each twin is lying that you will be able to pick both up by yourself :) xxxx

Cottles: Thanks, I'm not happy, but I'm going to wait for the result now and then see. I may ask to retake it if it comes back only just positive . . . But for now I'd like to forget about it haha. Even just for a couple of days :p I'm so happy you're low risk for downs! That's great news!! Ive never gotten a doppler for that very reason, im too much of a worry wort, but I say go with your gut, if you want to try go for it :) Xx

Seths: That's awful :( I hope you get a bit of relief soon. Xx

I'm shattered today! Going to watch corrie tonight then straight to bed for me :p My life's so exciting! Haha. I honestly don't know how all you ladies that already have little ones do this! Im whacked!

me too hun but at least its not quite as severe as it has been. I can cope with it like this :)

hehe i think your body just gets used to running on low fuel after a while. I missed corrie a few times this week, i keep starting to watch them properly and then stopping and then picking it up again a few days later lol x

Thats really good! Same with my thirst, I can cope like this definitely. As long as something is bearable we can cope with anything can't we :) I still hope we were both just going through a strange phase!

I've always been a fan of corrie, it's the only soap I watch but lately I'm turning into a really sad mum to be, I even found myself saying to OH on Sunday 'Im so glad Corries on, it my favourite show'. Lol. Erm, say what?! At least I'm easy pleased I suppose!! :winkwink:

:haha: i bet his face was a right picture!

i watch neighbours, hollyoaks, emmerdale, corri, and occasionally eastenders lol. Im in the super sad club. But its only because my parents used to watch them all when i was younger so i got into them quite a bit. We get Sky on monday though so will have a few more channels to play with. MIL's way of trying to buy her way bk into my good books (when i couldnt care less about sky)... she even sent me a bday card!! shocked is not the word!

xxx

Hey everyone! I had my baby girl yesterday through c section! I have a this is it story in the third trimester but I wanted to come in here and let you guys know that because of my weight he actually decided to go through my lower tummy fat rather than lifting it up and making the incision there. He said that it is more sanitary and less prone to infection since it's not in a roll. I am very happy he did this!

GL everyone!

Hey everyone! I had my baby girl yesterday through c section! I have a this is it story in the third trimester but I wanted to come in here and let you guys know that because of my weight he actually decided to go through my lower tummy fat rather than lifting it up and making the incision there. He said that it is more sanitary and less prone to infection since it's not in a roll. I am very happy he did this!

GL everyone!

Congrats Melany :happydance: :hugs::hugs::hugs:
im going to read your story in 3rd tri now... im i wrong or was she supposed to come next mnth onlyon my birthday lol??? im soo happy for you :cloud9:

She was due Jan 8th. She had other plans though lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"