Plus size & pregnant join here

Still in NICU but everything looks good so far! I can't wait to hold her

Awww Congrats on the new baby! I can't wait for that moment.

On another note. I had my appointment yesterday and my BP was still the same. She wants to put me on medicine but not just yet because my pressure isn't extremely high. Its like 141 over 88 or something like that. So I have another appointment in exactly two weeks and I still haven't gotten my appointment for my ultrasound yet, my doctor is working my nerves. She wants me to get an ultrasound on the high risk floor, so I have to wait til they call me with an appointment date. I dont like that. =(

Question: what's the difference between high risk and the normal doctors???

Just a fyi in case anyone wants to know, I've never had high BP before this pregnancy and I dont have diabetes but I am rather large

Oh and I have kept up on everyone's story. Its just hard for me to respond to most cuz I check on my phone. I gotta hurry and get internet again. Hope all problems with everyone gets resolved. I pray everyone comes out in the end with healthy babies and a healthier you =)

Hey everyone! I had my baby girl yesterday through c section! I have a this is it story in the third trimester but I wanted to come in here and let you guys know that because of my weight he actually decided to go through my lower tummy fat rather than lifting it up and making the incision there. He said that it is more sanitary and less prone to infection since it's not in a roll. I am very happy he did this!

GL everyone!

Congratulations hun! Cant wait to go ready your story :D :hugs:

realbeauty86 I think the high risk ones will do a more detailed scan and probably having better machinery. Im on Aspirin at the moment .. my bp was 158/88 the other day so slowly creeping up. Next appointment on tuesday but dont know if I'll get my bp done that day. I'v never had high BP either apart from in my previous pregnancy. Seems my body just doesnt like being pregnant :haha:

xxx

Congrats Melany!! She's beautiful :)

Seths- How's your itching Hun?

Hope you all are doing well!! <3

It's not too bad thanks hun! Infact its almost stopped :happydance: how is the thirst going??? xxx

Congratulations Melany!
Glad to hear the itching isn't so bad now seths.
I got the twins (nearly said boys then, wonder if that means anything lol) on the Doppler last night. At least I think it was both of them, kinda hard to tell at the mo!

Congratulations Melany!
Glad to hear the itching isn't so bad now seths.
I got the twins (nearly said boys then, wonder if that means anything lol) on the Doppler last night. At least I think it was both of them, kinda hard to tell at the mo!

oh wow huni thats amazing! :happydance:

hehe i wouldnt hold out much although mothers intuition can be very right. I was right with seth, and kind of right with this one too... as i always said i hope its a girl but know its going to be another boy lol xxxx

That's great news Seths! Heres hoping it carries on getting better. My thirst is A LOT better too and to be honest I've not been eating all that great the last few days, so I can safely say its not food related lol. No phone call about my results yet . . . Wonder if that's good news or not!

Cottles- That's so exciting you heard the twins :) I've always wanted my own Doppler but was too afraid of being dependant on it / not finding a heartbeat as I don't know what I'm doing and freaking out lol. As for gender I'm not so sure, I was convinced I was having a boy, and unless both ultrasound techs were very wrong looks like my mothers intuition wasn't up to much lol. But you never know!! Would you like boys? Or do you not really mind?

o0oo thats good Miwi :D looks like we were both just having a funny phase lol think we are going to have to come up with different dwarf names lol

I finally made it to my 20th week. Yay me!!! Half way cooked lol. Is anyone else ribs soar or was soar around this time?

I need to get on a computer and change my tickers. They're off by a day. Everyday counts lol

congratulations on 20 weeks realbeauty :D

I'v not had any pain in my ribs... mins is all down below whenever little ones kicks/moves x

Lol seths! Aye we def need new drawf names, hmmm. I think my name this week will be Nesty! Just been to the mama and papas outlet store and spent £20 on a bouncer (not a bad deal I think!) but I can't stop buying little things for our new house too. A lot of our stuff is still in storage so the house is a bit bare! I don't like it! I want it to be all homely for when she arrives, thankfully we've still plenty of time!

Real beauty- Congrats on half way! 20 weeks was SUCH a good feeling :) I've not had much pain in my ribs but my LO is always quite low down. Maybe you're carrying high?

Oh, has anyone ever used a birthing ball? Did you find they were a good investment? I'm scared of bursting one haha, even though they say anti burst up to 200kg! Eeek.

wow that is a good deal from mamas and papas hun!

I think my name this week is achey! every single time baby kicks it hurts like hell!

I had a birthing ball hun with seth and it didnt pop on me (I weighted around 17 stone when i had him)... BUT my sister did pop hers when she was in labour but she was 20 stone at the time.

You can get them kind of cheap so thought bth if it pops it doesnt matter hehe. Will just make you laugh your head off if it does :haha: xxx

Oooh aches suck. I'm really noticing that I hurt a lot more than I used to! Rolling over in bed is starting to become a chore :p Oh the jobs eh!

Yea I thought it was a good deal too, and I've been looking for one for ages, I was going to spend about £20 and get a second hand one from gumtree so when I saw this one I just made an impulse buy. It's this one - wasn't actually reduced (from £25 durect from m&p) much but I still like it!! https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mamas-Papas-Bubble-Bouncer-Time/dp/B007PYDALA

I think I'm going to invest in a birthing ball. Well! Confession, I actually got one when I got the bouncer, but it says 5ft 5in and under need a 55cm ball on the box. Well I thought that was a bit small, but got it anyway, only to see on the website it's for 5 ft 1 and under :doh: Annoyed! I'll have to take it back, was wondering whether to exchange or just get my money back, But sure I think I'll get the 65cm one if they have any and see how long it lasts lol. I was about 17st when I got pregnant, so I'm prob closer to 18st now! xxx

oooo i like that bouncer!

I have to turn in stages in bed.. its getting bloody annoying.. lord knows what its going to be like when further on!

Id deffo just exchange it hun, they are real good for rolling round on when you are uncomfortable. i used mine a fair bit but not when i was actually in labour xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->