Plus size & pregnant join here

:haha: my hubby was useless when i was in labor. just sat in the corner not knowing what to do wit himself.but to be honest it wasnt easy for him to help since i wasnt allowed off the bed or anything.

I'm glad you guys are going to pick him up hun, your in laws need to respect your rules and not create their own.

Good luck tomorrow Kalyrra :) I am sure you will be fine (reminded me i need to weigh myself too lol). Fingers crossed she/he will see how much discomfort you are in and decide to sign you off.

I have my GTT in the morning :S not looking forward to it.. and then in the afternoon my Anesthetist appointment where i discuss my c-section hopefully! FX So i will be thinking of you :) :hugs:

Well ladies I just got the dreaded phone call. I had a minor abnormality in one of my GTT blood tests. So looks like I have GD, if only slightly. I have to go to the diabetic clinic on Thursday afternoon, and I'm mortified! Don't get me wrong, I'd never judge another woman for having GD but deep down I feel like I've brought this upon myself and my baby. Ugh. I'm so scared! I hope to god no one mentions my weight cuz if they do I think I'll just burst into tears. Sigh.
Here's to no more sugar for the next X amount of months.

awww Miwi :hugs: at least it was just a slight abnormality hun BUT that could have been caused by them messing up your test! Id mention it at the clinic about how they took your bloods after 30 mins and not 1 hour like they were supposed to. Fingers crossed you will just have to finger prick x amount of times a day and control is with diet.

I hope to goodness i pass mine.. I'v no idea where the hell the clinic is around here and no doubt there isn't one in my town and I will have to goto the one where my hospital is xxxx

EDIT: oh and if they mention your weight just tell them to pee off. lol the ones my sister saw were bigger than what she was :hehe:

and just looked and theres a clinic at my gp surgery.. fx i could go there if need be!

Miwi hun I'm sorry :hugs:
There's no way you brought this on yourself. Did you ask if maybe the way the test was conducted (with the timings and stuff) could have affected your results? Hope all goes well at the clinic xx

I'm off for a scan tomorrow or Thursday. Had some shooting pains and a bit of pink when I wiped this morning. I'm sure it's fine they just want to make sure. DH is freaking out because I'm so calm lol... Complete role reversal from last time :haha:

I hope everything is ok Cottleston FX for just a bit of cervical irritation.

bless men, i feel so sorry for them when we are pregnant. They stress over things we dont, and dont stress about things they should be pmsl xxx

Aw cottleston I hope all is well! I agree with seths, I'm sure it's just irritation :hugs: My OH is always so calm it drives me nuts ;) lol

Yea I think I will mention the way the test was done when I go. Although I think she said it was my last test that was slightly raised! Which I suppose means it's nothing to do with that? Unless it was a knock on effect. Arghhh I'm gutted, though I really didn't think I would be if I had it, strange how things effect us differently. I won't be telling anyone other than OH, for some reason I'm really embarrassed about this! But if it was anyone else i wouldn't think twice! Guess I'm just hard on myself.

Seths I hope you pass too Hun. Apparently the clinic takes a full afternoon, so I can guarantee you really don't want it lol. I wonder if I will have to finger prick after meals? She said I would have another two blood tests while there, but I suppose I could always be given the monitor thingy (you can tell I'm new to this haha) to take home! Ughhhhh!!

well my sister was given the moniter thing, lancets (the little needles), testing strips and a needle box all at her first appointment hun. The next one she was given her insulin etc but hers was really bad.

You will prob be expected to prick first thing in the morning, lunch time, after your tea, and then just before bed to record the results to start with. My sister the first time pricked herself 30mins after every meal till she learned what she could/couldnt eat without sending her sugars sky high xx

Thanks Hun! That's really helpful. I better enjoy the next two days of no finger pricking then lol

lol yeah, i dont think its too bad to be honest, then again i suppose it depends how often you have to do it. Stick to the fatty bits of your fingers as it doesnt hurt as much :) xx

Good to know! :) I've just been to tesco for whole grain stuff n veg, so that'll do me in the mean time before I see the dietician. Walking around the aisles was a tad depressing! Lol.

Hope you're having a good evening :) Corrie is on twice tonight lol. My fave show don't you know! Haha.

im being made to walk out to the shop lol its gna be freezing.. but seth is now all excited about going.

urgh i hate whole grain lol. I think even if i do have it i wont be able to do the whole one thing for me another for hubby and son.. just wouldnt be able to afford that.. not with tesco's prices!

Oh no! It is going to be freezing :( It's -2 here, I imagine it's colder in Scotland! Poor you!

Honestly I'm the same, I only could afford it cuz I needed groceries today anyway, so I just bought different things. My OH eats terribly but he's cheap so can't complain too much! I'm going to have to be really strict with myself because the same money got me less food than normal, so I'll have to stict to my plan or I'll be very hungry this time next week lol.

Miwi - sorry to hear about your results but at least it's only a slight issue.

Cottlestonpie - hope the spotting was a one off. Good luck with the scan

I hope everything is ok Cottleston FX for just a bit of cervical irritation.

bless men, i feel so sorry for them when we are pregnant. They stress over things we dont, and dont stress about things they should be pmsl xxx

Lol I thought this was funny because men so do this. My guy worries about EVERYTHING, I have to explain so much and some times I have to tell him, im no doctor. That's how much he worries, sometimes I just laugh Smh

hehe yeah mine is the same real beauty.

cottleston I hope that you get your scan today and all is well.

I am just about to go get seth up poor boy and be out the door within 30 minutes to go and get the bus. Have my GTT this morning and not looking forward to it.. im absolutely starving!

hope you all have a good day girls xx

Cottleston- Good luck today, I hope you get your scan today and its great news!! I'll be thinking of you xox

Seths- I hope your GTT test goes well! Make sure you eat lots after ;) Best part of the test lol. Is it the anaesthetist you're seeing this afternoon too? You'll have to let me know how you get on, I hope you get the ok for your c-section! I have my anaesthetist appointment on Friday :) xox

possible risk ladies, like i said my ob went through my lower belly fat instead of puling it up for my c section.

Well, 4 days later and i tried to poop TMI! and I think i popped an internal stitch. You can't see anything from the outside but the doctor told me to keep an eye out for redness or extra swelling.

I think my size contributed to the pop :(

Not getting a scan today. Because they shut down the other nearby(ish) hospital, my one is struggling to cope with the load. I had more pain last night but no bleeding. So now I'm upset that I have to wait and terrified that because they're so busy I'm honns give birth in a corridor somewhere.

Seths hun how was your GTT?

Melany, sounds painful! Hope it wasn't anything serious

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"