Plus size & pregnant join here

Oh sorry, seths Hun I hope you feel better soon! There's nothing worse than being unwell like that. It's great that you have no protien in there though. Fingers crossed you can get to the dr on Monday if you're no better!! Xxx

hell that sounds real good hun especially with the chocolate yogurt afterwards! I think they made a bodge job of your GTT you know.. from the results you are getting i would say you haven't even got it! I would try having a day eating like you normally do and see how your sugars are? OR maybe one meal and do an extra prick test to see how its effected you (also so you dont have to write it down)

Glad you are enjoying your night alone though :D

And i agree, we deserve to be cranky :D especially if its not an easy pregnancy. I was hoping for a nice smooth one this time round :haha: seems like Ethan has other plans for mummy lol x

I know Im kind of thinking that too, though the yogurt only had 15grams of carbs in it I chose it especially as it was the lowest I could find lol. And i didnt have any spuds or anything, im really watching the carbs, maybe its just working? God knows its weird!! I'll see what the diabetic nurse says when she phones on Thursday. I'll see how brave I feel tomorrow I might have a bowl of cereal as the ultimate test lol.

Ach bless you Hun, I think both our LOs have had other plans for us! Well, my hospital have for me anyway haha xx

its a good job its all worth it in the end isnt it lol

Cereal is a tricky one hehe but good luck! I hope you get to speak to one of the nice nurses hun.. i would have thought theyd have given you some suggested meal plans x

Jellycat, did you get any help with your spd last time? I suffered last time but didn't see my dr/midwife, I just struggled through it. This time though I had hip pain at 12-13 weeks and in the last day or two I've started getting that grindy feeling in my left hip. I know it's only going to get worse but I'm sort of pretending it won't at the moment lol

I didn't go to Physio until after JJ was born as had an issue with a nerve in my right weakened wrist. But she could tell straight away I'd had issues. I kept thinking the pain would get better. I remember sitting on my birthing ball would be so comfortable and could sit on it for hours (especially as the sofa at the end was so painful). But as soon as I stood from the ball id be in excruciating pain. Oh well fingers crossed it will pass soon.

Jellycat, did you get any help with your spd last time? I suffered last time but didn't see my dr/midwife, I just struggled through it. This time though I had hip pain at 12-13 weeks and in the last day or two I've started getting that grindy feeling in my left hip. I know it's only going to get worse but I'm sort of pretending it won't at the moment lol

I didn't go to Physio until after JJ was born as had an issue with a nerve in my right weakened wrist. But she could tell straight away I'd had issues. I kept thinking the pain would get better. I remember sitting on my birthing ball would be so comfortable and could sit on it for hours (especially as the sofa at the end was so painful). But as soon as I stood from the ball id be in excruciating pain. Oh well fingers crossed it will pass soon.

keeping my fingers crossed for you hun x

Honestly seths I saw a dietician for literally 5 mins. She got me to tell her what I ate the day before and then kept asking me silly questions. For example I said I had yogurt after my lunch. 10 secs later she said 'would you ever take yogurt?' This happened a few times! Lol. She also told me nuts were animal fat . . . And 5 mins with this highly competent woman is what Im basing my eating plan on lol.

Yea, definately all worth it :D I can't wait!!

:o thats shocking! Crickey you spent all that time there and didnt even get decent information!!

If i were you id google some diabetic friendly meal plans that way you at least have something to go from!

right i am hitting bed :D woohhoo cant wait to stretch out and goto sleep.

lots of love guys xxxx

I had to giggle over your moaning day, ladies. I have days where that's all I want to do too! :haha: Mostly because I can't get comfortable anymore, and everything hurts! Feet, hands, hips, lower back... I'm ready for LO to come along so I can start working at getting back to my old self!!

Still haven't heard back from work. I dropped my doctor note off at the medical department, and they "have to check" with my doctor and supervisor to see if there's anything they can do for me first - like cutting my shifts shorter or giving me a different job to do... my job already involves me sitting on my butt for 12 hrs... what other kind of "restrictions" are left? :shrug: You can't just let me stay home? C'mon!! So, still crossing my fingers but I guess I'm not holding my breath.

Miwi - if I were you, I would request to take the GTT test again! Maybe somewhere else that won't do a botch job!

Sw33tp3a - I cannot believe they let you sit there for 4 hrs and your doctor never showed! I would definitely have something to say to them about that! I'm glad you found another doctor. I like my OB, she's nice, but she's very busy and sometimes I feel like she's always just rushing in and out on me... but she does answer any questions I have, so I can't complain. :flower:

Seth - sorry you had such a long day! Get some good rest!

Our poor DH's... they have absolutely no idea what we're going through. I have to admit, my DH has been a complete gem the entire time. I haven't had too many hormonal breakdowns, thankfully, just once or twice when I got over-frustrated and cried. lol Being pregnant is not for the weak! DH has been really good about letting me sleep in when I need, helping me with stuff, and not pestering me for sex to often. :haha: Although there's been a few times I really did not feel like it, I usually make myself give it to him (mostly he'll settle for a BJ!). Especially since we were trying to get pregnant, so it seems we went from sex almost every day for 7 months to nothing - that had to be a major change for him as well!

Hope you ladies have a restful night!!

well after the week i had today was much better. went and spent the day with a friend and then went and had dinner with my mother inlaw. tomorrow she is taking the kids shoe shopping so they are excited.
felling nauseous though so that sucks hope i dont get sick but doughtfull. lol

Kaylrra - I hope work gets back to you soon hun, silly for them to leave you hanging to say your supposed to be back Tuesday.. FX they call tomorrow saying you dont have to go back :happydance:

hehe i just had one of those days and nights lol i could have moaned more :blush: dh was still a lazy shit when i went to bed. Here is hoping for a better day today :thumbup:

Not long hun till baby does come <3 and you can get your body back to normal :hugs: I bet my dh would wish he had you instead of me :haha: I seem to have a bitch fit every few days.. but then again he usually deserves it when i do lol. Me and Dh were the same.. went from having sex at least every 2 days (we had read this was the best way to do it) to now hardly having any.. but if he would leave me alone when i am sore and stop "trying" to get sex then he would probably get more.. but in 4 years he's still never got that..so doubt he will any time soon lol. All I can say is god help him once iv had baby.

Sw33tpea glad you had a good day hun :D FX you dont get sick hun :hugs:

i lost a couple pound to start with but am finally putting it on.. although not quite sure just how much.. fingers crossed not too much at this point.

I hope your morning sickness fades out soon hun it must be awfull. I never actually threw up with mine it was just constant nausea and that was bad enough never mind actually being sick all the time :hugs:

Fingers crossed you dont have gd this time hun :)

aww is your due date close to your sons birthday? xxx

I am due 14th and he is 4 on 6th lol. My blood sugars are high so think I have got diabetes, need to speak to the nurse this week.

if I end up on insulin they will section me at 38 weeks x

i lost a couple pound to start with but am finally putting it on.. although not quite sure just how much.. fingers crossed not too much at this point.

I hope your morning sickness fades out soon hun it must be awfull. I never actually threw up with mine it was just constant nausea and that was bad enough never mind actually being sick all the time :hugs:

Fingers crossed you dont have gd this time hun :)

aww is your due date close to your sons birthday? xxx

I am due 14th and he is 4 on 6th lol. My blood sugars are high so think I have got diabetes, need to speak to the nurse this week.

if I end up on insulin they will section me at 38 weeks x

oh no that sucks hun my sister was on insulin and she hated it. Is it a guarunteed section at 38 hun or will they watch babies size? my sister was induced at 39 weeks after her 36 week growth scan showed baby would be over 11lb if she went to term.

awww not much between them! its a bit like my sons and my birthday hehe there is only 4 days between us.. im betting if id not been induced he would have come on my birthday lol.

how is the morning sickness? xx

IM SO SLEEEEPYYYY!
Honestly don't think the 2nd tri energy burst is going to happen.
Today I slept in til 9am then napped from 1:30 til 5:30. It's ridiculous!

How are you today hun? X

oooo all that napping sounds so good! Seth got up at half 7... im still waiting on the pregnancy "bloom" coming :( could do with a serious energy boost lol. I'm feeling better today :D :happydance:

had a pretty quiet day :D took seth out to wilkinsons and he got some juice and crisps.. snuk in some extra juice too lol :haha: now sat waiting on my burgers cooking mmmm beef burger with cheese, onion and tomato sauce for tea :D

Yet again looking forward to Seth going to bed hehe I think i will follow straight behind again. How are you apart from being tired? How is Toby? xx

Ugh ugh ugh, overdid it today and think I might get SPD again (had it with DS2) it feels like ive been kicked in the crotch and im walking like John Wayne :(

oooo all that napping sounds so good! Seth got up at half 7... im still waiting on the pregnancy "bloom" coming :( could do with a serious energy boost lol. I'm feeling better today :D :happydance:

had a pretty quiet day :D took seth out to wilkinsons and he got some juice and crisps.. snuk in some extra juice too lol :haha: now sat waiting on my burgers cooking mmmm beef burger with cheese, onion and tomato sauce for tea :D

Yet again looking forward to Seth going to bed hehe I think i will follow straight behind again. How are you apart from being tired? How is Toby? xx

Toby's good thanks hun... We took him to Wilkos today too lol
We only left with battery powered Christmas lights though. Forgot the batteries :dohh: preggy brain strikes again!
He's just gone to bed. Had a major hyper hour after his bath so we kept him up to wear him out... I don't know where he gets his energy from!

Mmm how were the burgers? Sounds delish. I had about a tablespoon of shepherds pie for dinner. Trying to eat more during the day because I can't bring myself to eat after about 5pm thanks to the overnight heartburn.

Welllll it's 9:30pm. I've had about 8.5 hours of being awake today and I'm ready for bed haha... Night ladies! Hope you've all had a decent weekend x

IM SO SLEEEEPYYYY!
Honestly don't think the 2nd tri energy burst is going to happen.
Today I slept in til 9am then napped from 1:30 til 5:30. It's ridiculous!

How are you today hun? X

I definitely know what you mean. In my first trimester I was forced to sleep a lot, thanks to the LO... second semester isn't as bad but at least 4 days out the week im taking long naps

Morning ladies! How is everyone today? I hope you all had a good weekend :)

Yesterday I went to Nandos with the OH (pay back for his concert lol) and had butterfly chicken with coleslaw and a side salad. Nom Nom. Wandered round the Xmas markets (really should be called 'see all this food, you can't eat it market) and then called in at the inlaws. It was a nice day :)

I can't believe that one week today is Christmas Eve!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->