Plus size & pregnant join here

MERRY CHRISTMAS LADIES!!! :xmas3: :xmas9: I hope everyone has a stress free, enjoyable day:flower: :xmas12:

So mad I was told get in asap to the doctors on monday and now I have a yeast infection worse then ive ever had in my life and I get to wait two more days to be seen. Military healthcare at its finest.

So mad I was told get in asap to the doctors on monday and now I have a yeast infection worse then ive ever had in my life and I get to wait two more days to be seen. Military healthcare at its finest.

oh no hun! could they not see you tomorrow? My doctor is open tomorrow i have my first weekly midwife appointment and whooping cough jag

so sorry your having to suffer over the christmas period. :hugs:

How did everyone get on? I had a fab christmas :D also started potty training my little guy today and so far so good. although he hasnt peed since his nappy was taken off him at 11am. I am hoping to have him fully trained in 2 weeks ready for nursery. Ethans clothes come tomorrow i can't wait to see them! and also excited because on friday when we get paid i am spending £60 on seth for some new clothes x

Hope you ladies had a good Christmas!

Had a doc appointment today. Regular doc is on vacation, but I loved the one who filled in for her! I think I actually like her better... She didn't seem like she was in as much of a rush as mine always is. She said I'm already 2 cm dilated, 70% effaced...and he's got his head pretty low in my pelvis. She said if things continue this favorably, he'll be on time or maybe a little early. Hope so!!!

I started packing a little today. Got some stuff in a diaper bag for him, and finding out what I still need to get. Can't believe it's getting so close!

Sw33t, hope you're feeling better!

Seth, good luck with the potty training!

USAF, hope you get things cleared up soon!

kalyrra wowee thats good for 36 weeks! I think you might just be seeing lo earlier than expected! I was only 2cm at almost 41 weeks with Seth.

Have you got most stuff for your hospital bag? I was meant to have mine done by 30 weeks but i'v no chance lol. I need to buy so much its rediculous... especially trying to get it in plus size! I'm looking online for uk size 26/28 knickers for after the section.. but can i find any bog standard cheap granny pants... can i hell! they want £5 per pair... sod that when they are just going to get ruined :dohh:

And thanks hun :) put a nappy on for bed as i think its a bit early to be tackling full nights (although sometimes he does wake up dry). poor boy was beside himself because he started peeing in the shower.. thought he was going to get told off. FX we have another good day tomorrow but i need to put a nappy on him when i goto the docs as ill be there for over 2 hours and i dont have any pull ups xx

Hope you ladies had a good Christmas!

Had a doc appointment today. Regular doc is on vacation, but I loved the one who filled in for her! I think I actually like her better... She didn't seem like she was in as much of a rush as mine always is. She said I'm already 2 cm dilated, 70% effaced...and he's got his head pretty low in my pelvis. She said if things continue this favorably, he'll be on time or maybe a little early. Hope so!!!

I started packing a little today. Got some stuff in a diaper bag for him, and finding out what I still need to get. Can't believe it's getting so close!

Omg!!! So exciting. Like im going in to give birth lol. GL!

Hi ladies! I hope you all had a great Christmas, and that Santa was good to you all!

I'll catch up with posts ASAP, I'm just about to go to the Diabetic clinic . . . Wish me luck!! Lol. Xxx

Just wanted to say yesterday was V-Day! I'm so excited!! I hope everyone had a wonderful Holiday.

kalyrra wowee thats good for 36 weeks! I think you might just be seeing lo earlier than expected! I was only 2cm at almost 41 weeks with Seth.

Have you got most stuff for your hospital bag? I was meant to have mine done by 30 weeks but i'v no chance lol. I need to buy so much its rediculous... especially trying to get it in plus size! I'm looking online for uk size 26/28 knickers for after the section.. but can i find any bog standard cheap granny pants... can i hell! they want £5 per pair... sod that when they are just going to get ruined :dohh:

I started to pack stuff yesterday, and realized that I had basically nothing to pack in my bag! So I went to the store and picked up a small travel bag that has empty containers in it for shampoo, soap, toothbrush, and the like. As I only have 2 pair of maternity pants, I had to splurge for a 3rd pair to pack. I managed to find 1 nursing bra that fit. Will have to get some more later I guess. They don't make them big enough... I was already quite chesty before getting pregnant!

I need to get some panties that I don't mind getting ruined for after the birth... and will probably need to get them in a slightly bigger size so they're not extremely uncomfortable with wearing a big pad. Hubby finds it amusing that both his wife and newborn son will basically be in diapers. :haha:

I also started packing a diaper bag for LO. The hospital will provide diapers during the duration of our stay, but I will still bring a couple to try and see if they work okay. I realized I didn't have any hats for him, so I picked up a couple of those as well. It's winter here, so I also was trying to figure out what to take for him to stay warm!

So many things to think about! And getting our bags ready just makes it that more real. :wacko:

Knickers upto size 28 and in stock - packs of 5 for £7

https://m.marksandspencer.com/mt/ww...031&pf_rd_p=321381387&pf_rd_s=related-items-3

Firefly congrats on V Day !

Kalyrra - that's really good cervix progression fingers crossed it will be soon for you! How exciting

Seth - hope the otty training goes well - I have t started with JJ but know I will have to soon - I'm dreading it lol

happy V-day for yesterday firefly!! such a great milestone to hit :)

miwi - how did you get on at the clinic today?

kalyrra - oh no poor you.. bra shopping sucks. My boobs have not grown really since pregnancy :s well one has.. and the other hasnt. I'v always had a big difference in my breasts and pregnancy is making it so much worse. Wow you have a nice hospital providing nappies! We have to take our own but they do provide milk though. I think i have everything i need for Ethan to pack away. But for me all i have is sanitary pads, nipple pads (doubt ill need them as im not leaking yet so highly doubt i will make any milk ) my wash bag is ready too and that is it. I need everything else for it!
I would just take some vests, sleepsuits (or outfits), scratch mits, hats, socks and a little jacket and blankets. Thats what i had for Seth when he came home and he was born start of december during a real cold spell. Lol your dh sounds amusing.. id be likely to slap dh if he said that to me :haha: xxx

oh yeah lol i got my whooping cough jag today.. didnt hurt when i got it but it hurts now :( its itchy too. and got my bloods done... she made a bit of a mess of my arm today (not my usual midwife) so im expecting a big bruise tomorrow. For the first time my urine is CLEAR :happydance: BUT my BP is creeping back up again it was 160/80. I hope my regular midwife is back next week lol id much rather she did my bloods!! She also said i may be taken in at 38+6 for my section... cant wait to get my date through!!

Hi ladies! Hope you all had a lovely christmas. Been a lot of updates so I've not caught up yet but I thought I'd pop on and say hi as I'm stuck in bed for the night now. My hip is still tender but not agony... But my pubic bone is starting to feel a little like it did at the end of my last pregnancy. Oooouuuch.

Got a scan on Saturday and I'm hoping for confirmation of genders... For now I'm calling them Bert and Ernie lol.

Hope everyone's feeling ok and I'll catch up properly in the morning xx

Hi ladies! Hope you all had a lovely christmas. Been a lot of updates so I've not caught up yet but I thought I'd pop on and say hi as I'm stuck in bed for the night now. My hip is still tender but not agony... But my pubic bone is starting to feel a little like it did at the end of my last pregnancy. Oooouuuch.

Got a scan on Saturday and I'm hoping for confirmation of genders... For now I'm calling them Bert and Ernie lol.

Hope everyone's feeling ok and I'll catch up properly in the morning xx

hahahahaha omg the bert and ernie killed me! you so have to get them a duck teddy and a bear teddy! sorry to hear your hip and pubic bone are bad just now hun :hugs::hugs: oooo i hope they get a good view on your scan :D
Did Toby enjoy christmas? xxx

Hi all! Popping my head back in again :)

25 and 1/2 wks now, and got my GTT tomorrow- really not looking forward to it! Needs to be done though. Can you ladies tell me- how fast did you get results? Do you get called either way, or is it like other screenings, where they call if there's an issue, but otherwise you get letter 2 weeks later?

Since I was last here, we are now confirmed team BLUE, and little man is doing very well. I'm also very chuffed that at my 24wk appointment I had only put on 6lbs total all pregnancy!

Hope you're all well

Xxx

Hi all! Popping my head back in again :)

25 and 1/2 wks now, and got my GTT tomorrow- really not looking forward to it! Needs to be done though. Can you ladies tell me- how fast did you get results? Do you get called either way, or is it like other screenings, where they call if there's an issue, but otherwise you get letter 2 weeks later?

Since I was last here, we are now confirmed team BLUE, and little man is doing very well. I'm also very chuffed that at my 24wk appointment I had only put on 6lbs total all pregnancy!

Hope you're all well

Xxx

woweee go you on only putting on 6lb! so far i have put on 13lb which for me is good lol. at this point with ds1 i had put on over 2 stone!
Good luck with your GTT, with me i got my results 2 and a half hours later when i went back for another appointment. other ladies have had phone calls a few days later or letters.. and some have had to wait till their next appointment. But i think if you fail they tend to call you as soon as they get the results x

Wow... I think I've put on 6lb already! Haha
Good luck with your GTT

Seths, Toby had a lovely Christmas thanks. He was thouroughly fussed over and got to spend loads of time playing with his cousins and did very well presents-wise.... He's never slept so well as these past few days! This morning he woke at 8:30. It might've been earlier but the first I knew of him waking up was hearing him going downstairs and chatting to the dog while I was still in bed. :D
How was Seths Christmas?

Soooo bored in GTT waiting room, lol! This is torture..... Hungry, thirsty, and this room is v overcrowded....

Soooo bored in GTT waiting room, lol! This is torture..... Hungry, thirsty, and this room is v overcrowded....

I think it's amazing how someone can be up and out while others still sleeping. Im talking about time difference, where are u located because here in Chicago its 4 am =) and what is this gtt test everyone speaks of?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->