Plus size & pregnant join here

I added loads to my last post lol. I like to keep you all on your toes ;) I was really unsure about breastfeeding at first, I've decided I'm going to see how I go but not beat myself up if I do decide it's not for me . . . I have a feeling I'll wipe out a week or so in from doing every feed. But we'll see!

Omg boobs. I actually want to cut mine off :haha:
I can't step outside or adjust my bra without my nips going all massive and sore and PURPLE. If its really bad the purple goes white like if you press on a fingernail. So horrid.

All the hospital bag talk has prompted me to start making lists. I know it's a long way off but I figure I'll need a normal bag, a section bag just in case and enough stuff for the twins.
How long do you stay in for a c-sec roughly?

I reckon i might go out and do a spot of shopping tomorrow unless my hip gives up again (spent 20 minutes in tesco earlier and all I got was a pint of milk :dohh: )
Mothercare for the first blue stuff so I can beat the family to it, Boots for some Soap & Glory bargains and maybe Lush for their half price sale. Woop! Treating myself :happydance:

Oooh Cottles that sound so painful! You poor thing. I hope it eases soon, at least for a little while. I find I squish mine now when I'm in bed lol. So sore!

Whats different from a normal hospital bag and a section bag? I learn so much from you ladies!!

Haha ive had an issue with squishy boobs for a while... its only now that it hurts!

My normal hospital bag is my optimists bag. It'll be packed for a normal complication-free delivery that allows me home the same day... so all I'll need is toiletries, pads, pants, pjs, nappies, feeding stuff and going home outfits. It's basically a day bag. It was all I needed with Toby and I was quite pleased that I had packed lightly when it came to getting it home.
My section bag will be my pessimists bag. If all goes wrong and I need an emergency c section, it will be packed with several days worth of stuff for me and babies. Assuming I go into labour or I'm induced for a vaginal delivery, my c section bag will be left in the car so hubby can get it IF there are complications.

Oh yeah. Also need a man bag. Snacks and drinks in case we're there out of hours and the shop is shut... and whatever else he wants to take to stop him getting bored while I'm in immense pain lol

Miwi- ah i dont think id like primark so much then.. haha i hate going to any shop thats crowded and unorganised.
Good for you on the breast feeding front! I just know i couldn't do it properly and in a way its unfair to baby but i think formula is just as good. I just couldn't wack my boob out in the middle of town to feed baby or when i have visitors.. im just not that comfy with my boobs lol. And also wouldnt feel comfy expressing while we have company or anything like that. So living to a schedule just wouldnt work since baby would need fed every 2 hours or more frequently as some breast fed babies do it would be a nightmare to say when we goto town sometimes we are stuck their for hours waiting on buses.
I also think the foof pains are baby on a nerve. I get them a lot too.. BUT i have had them since having seth as they did a lot of damage while getting him out.

Cottleston - Usually a stay after a section is anything from 2 days to 5 days. It depends how you heal and how you are coping. I plan to only be in 2 days. I'v said as soon as i can feel my legs again i want help out of the bed.. as the quicker you get up and mobile the quicker you are going to heal.
So sorry your nipples are causing you hell.. i hope they stop soon.. i was like that in the begining but mine went by 17 weeks thankfully. :D ooo first blue items :D how exciting! :happydance: And also good you are going to treat yourself hun!

Hmmm i never thought of a man bag for John :S Wonder if he will want one with some snacks and juice in it since its going to be a long day. I know he wont need a change of clothes since he will be going home at night time with seth. Wonder if i will be allowed chocolate after i come out of recovery... haha i would be very jelous if john was sat there munching and i wasnt allowed any!! Might have to see if anywhere has the huge bars left in after xmas ... although there is no saying they will last till march hahaha

18 days till my next scan and booking my section :D I cant wait! :happydance:

how are you all today? My ankle is feeling much better :D haha but now my groin has taken over and is in immense pain. :dohh:

Oww hope it stops hurting soon! Is it nerve pain or the pain you mentioned earlier from Seth? :( It's horrid that that amount of damage can be done during L&D. My sister was stitched up wrong after tearing with her DS and was in pain for a few years (although she now admits that a lot of it was psychological- the physical damage was solved after maybe 18 months).

Thanks for the section advice. I think I'll pack my emergency bag for two days and organise some stuff indoors do that DH can bring it in if I need to stay longer.

Packing a bag for hubby was a good idea for me because he's the grumpiest person in the world when he's hungry or has to sit around for hours. And everyone else benefitted from it. He bought a massive pack of Jaffa cakes and when I was labouring he offered them around so my mum, DH and midwife were all standing around eating while I was lying on a bed legs akimbo like "don't mind me! Just pushing out a baby!" :rofl:

I think if your c section is scheduled it won't be AS necessary because if the shop is open he can pop over there and get snacks and drunks for you both. It came in very handy for us though because my water broke at 5am and by 8am there was no way I was letting DH leave the room. Bless him.., He stashed some irn bru and pink wafers in his bag for me for after I'd delivered. Best snack ever lol

hmm the hospital shop is rubbish and theres no corner shops near by. The closest one would be a 20 minute walk. So I think id be best packing him some stuff to eat since like your DH he is also super grumpy when he is hungry or sitting around for hours.
This pain is just pelvic Girdle Pain i think (spd) as its just when i move my legs. When they stitched me up they stitched a little flap of skin.. that was found and removed when seth was 1.. but i still get shooting pains every now and again and iv been told its because they used vontouse and foreceps when they are not supposed to. It's supposed to be one or the other as using both can cause too much damage.

hahah omg i dunno whether id have laughed or tried to hurt dh if he was passing round food while i was trying to push seth out :haha: especially jaffa cakes! Good idea to organise more stuff so that dh just has to pick up the bag and go if its needed... men are useless at packing lol. When i was admitted there were a few things that werent put in my bag yet.. but i wasnt allowed out of the hospital till id had seth so i couldnt go back home to pack it (i only lived 5 mins away!) and dh forgot some bits lol thankfully they werent majorly important. So this time i have to remember EVERYTHING especially since dH wont be coming back to visit until day 3 when we get to go home as we just wont have the funds for that many bus trips especially when we might have to pay for a taxi to take us home or give my folks money for diesel. I need to ask my folks but it would depend on whether it was the weekend or not as they both work full time. My sister offered to bring us home.. but somehow i dont fancy her 4 kids being along for the journey or my first few hours home. Really sucks not having a car lol

mmmm pink wafers... tesco here i come!

omg ladies i am so pissed off right now! I just got an e-mail from M&S telling me my order for seths boxer shorts has been cancelled as they dont have enough stock! In this e-mail it says they have taken no money from my bank account... which is bullshit as it has left my bank account today and has a reference number to prove it! I phoned M&S and the first woman was going to do me a refund... and her manager said no!!! so i asked to speak to him and hes trying to tell me the money has just been set aside by the bank and not left my bank... uuuu yes it has you moron! If i want to dispute this i have to sent a paper statement to them.. I DONT GET ONE FOR ANOTHER MONTH!! I cant wait that long! I needed those damn boxers for seth starting nursery and cant buy any more without the bloody refund. I am so so so mad.. iv just sent an e-mail to them and am now on the phone to the bank to see what they say. I swear down i am so pissed off i could kill one of them if they were stood in front of me right now

EDIT: all sorted now. After sitting on the phone to the bank for an hour and still listening to the "hold tone" I hung up and tried calling M&S back.. low and behold no answer on the number i was given. so phoned the normal number and got another person tell me the same thing! Came off the phone really peed off... checked bank account 10 minutes later... SHOCK HORROR a payment from M&S for the amount that they " didn't have" x

Seth - Oooh, I'd be mad too!! You should call your bank and have them fax a statement to the store so you don't have to wait for a paper statement in the mail.

I was thinking about packing a bag for hubby as well. Our hospital has a vending machine in the maternity ward, but he's pretty much useless if he hasn't eaten in awhile. :haha: He plans on staying with me as much as possible, so I might bring him some snacks, a change of clothes, his pillow, and toothbrush. But we only live about 15 minutes away, so he can go home if he needs to afterwards.

I'm glad I'm not the only one about ready to cut my boobs off! :rofl: They're so sensitive. I just started leaking a little bit about maybe a week ago. Thankfully, only when they get pressed on hard, and not just randomly leaking. lol

37 weeks today, finally considered full term! :happydance: Little guy can come any time now, and I'd be happy with that.

woo gz on hitting full term hun! Its going too fast!! hehehe im going to wind my dh up asking when hes packing his man bag!! :haha:

bloody boobs eh... annoying things.. my nipples were like icicles when i went out lol i forgot to put my jacket on. I am sooo glad it was dark lol... BEEP BEEP ICE BERGS COMING THROUGH hahaha ...

Hi all! How are we all spending New Year?

DH and I are staying in with a Chinese and a film- bliss!

Managed to get through Friday- Monday with no phone call from hospital- which means I DON'T have gestational diabetes!!! Woohoo!!!

Hope you all have a lovely night

Xxxx

:happydance: woop woop Mazzle hun!

Dh, Ds and i also had a chinese :D was lovely.. i shall be bringing in the bells flat out asleep lol I am pulling my house phone out the wall at 9pm so i cant get any drunken calls. What film are you watching??

xxx

I have literally never been so excited for a takeaway to arrive!!!

Currently tossing up between DVDs- current contenders are The Rock, Juno, Tangled, or a Harry Potter.... (has to be one I've seen before as I will most likely fall asleep)

If I'm awake, there is half a glass of low alcohol sparkling wine with my name on it at midnight, to toast our final NYE without a baby in our lives!

I always put my phone on silent around this time of year so I can ignore the stream of generic texts... Lol!

Xx

lol chinese is lovely when you are in the mood. Tangled seems good i watched a bit of that the other day. hmmm a nice cold glass of wine sounds nice too!

Seth - I've had major issues with m&s couple of weeks ago where had named day delivery for jjs bed sheets that didn't arrive had to go to Asda with a two year old in the rain at 8pm to get some for that evening. Then they delivered the following day and left cardboard box outside in the rain. When I rang complaints department was shut because they had been inundated with calls! Disgusting services for such a well known company.

I had a man bag for dh full of goodies for him to eat but he still decided to eat my food and drink instead . Like I bought ribena for sugar to keep me going and he drank it. Last time I had one bag for car and another at home for further stuff that might be needed to be bought in as know dh wouldn't know where to look and it worked as after first night JJ had gone through 4 sets of clothes due to being mucousey and sick

Cottlestonpie - think 2 bags sounds a good idea for you carrying the twins as my husband would be lost having to get two babies worth of things - hopefully you won't be having the csection.

Kalyrra - I had terrible swollen feet last time - put feet up in the evenings and a pillow under feet in bed. Also as Seth said drink lots of fluid - I'm hoping my water retention doesn't get bad this time as I couldn't even wear my shoes the last three months with JJ.

Hey ladies. i aint been on much lately but i was just curious to know as i was reading something there.. How to you know how much to pack of each item lol. Ive pack the nappy bag for baby and have packed half my hospital bag will add more to it but im un sure how just how much of each thing i need to take with me. like how many nappies will i need and such lol

Jellycat - i was so peed off with them hun. Id got an order from them the week before and they were fab and it was delievered 3 days early ( i dont go for the appointed day as it was faster getting standard!) I had to order some "knickers" from tesco which should arrive tomorrow i hope. m&s was the only place i found boxers in 18-24 months. Cant believe they did that though.. especially since they are not supposed to just leave the packages! Your meant to sign for them.

haha think this time you should just pack your hubbys bag with the same as yours :haha: then he cant complain about what he has and pinch yours. Wowwe thats a lot of clothes to go through lol. Seth hardly went through any to be honest whilst in hospital.

Hey Cherry - i hope your doing ok hun :)

hmm depends how long you might be in for and how far away from hospital you are and whether you have a car. Lol i have to pack enough for 4 days as theres no way dh could bring me extra in if its needed. For a standard stay though take minimum of 1 pack size 1 nappies, a bag of cotton wool. Then at least 6 of each vest, sleepsuit, mits, socks, hats, bibs. for yourself just take a few tops and pants that are real comfy. I'll have 2 sets of pjs, 10 knickers, 5 socks, 2 bras, 4 packs maternity pads, 1 pack nipple pads, wash bag, and comfy clothes to come home in. For baby im packing 10 of each thing since i know im in for 3/4 days. I have a large bag lol but i have to pack tiny baby and newborn just incase. xx

Jelly - I haven't been able to wear my own shoes for a few months now. It started with my feet flattening out a little, then the fluid retention started. I've been wearing a pair of hubby's slippers, and had to get shoes in a bigger size and width. I really hope they return to normal. I've heard that some women's feet remain a size larger! :dohh:

I packed nowhere near as much as I probably should have! Lol we live 15 min away from the hospital, so if I need anything, he can go get it. I packed two short sleeved shirts, one long sleeved, a nightgown, a robe, 3 panties, a pair of jeans, a nursing bra, 2 nursing tanks and some socks. A bag with all my toiletries, pads, etc...

For LO, I packed about 5 onesies, 2 pants, 2 shirts, 6 diapers, 5 pair of socks, 3 mitts, 3 hats, wipes, 2 burp rags, 2 receiving blankets, a fleece blanket... The hospital provides diapers and onesies during your stay, so I wasn't too concerned about packing too many of those.

If I'm honest it took a couple of moths for me my feet to fully 'deflate' but they have remained bigger. I used to be a 4 1/2 but am now a 5. I'm hoping and praying that it doesn't happen again this time

wow i hope my feet dont do that! lol im a size 7 and wouldnt like my feet to get any bigger. Then again i dont wear heels or anything so thats no problem for me :D Trainers are good whether womens or mens :haha:

Kalyrra wow! our hospital provide milk if you formula feed but no nappies or anything. Would be great if they did.. wouldn't have to pack half as much. ooo i forgot about blankets... i will be packing the same shawl that i used for Seth. And also my first outfit.. its like a little dress thing but i think it would be nice for Ethan to have a picture in it.. id have done the same for Seth but my mum only gave me it a few months ago.

I so wish i still lived close to a hospital! Would be so much easier being able to make a separate bag for "just incase". My sister wanted to take my hospital bag and the car seat so she could bring them in for me when i need them but i said no.. there is no way in hell i am giving her my stuff just for her DH to throw one of his usual hissy fits and then im stuck without my stuff! Id rather just lug it all in with me on the bus and give my mum the car seat so when she brings Seth into see us she can drop the car seat off then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->