Plus size & pregnant join here

I just ordered two of those tests (incase I mess one up! Lol) figured they're free so I might as well order them and then if I don't need them at least I was prepared ;) xxx

hehe i also have 2 Miwi. Your best asking the midwife i think Miwi for the test. Hmm if i remember right they sent a copy of the results to your consultant or Midwife. You can ask for your results via text and they either send red (positive) or green (negative).

Jenny - they can pick it up if your urine is sent away if they think you have an infection. You wont have heard of it as over here the midwives dont tell you anything about it, which i think is completely wrong. I read you should still get tested when having a section BUT with a section the risks are greatly reduced and you have antibiotics either before or during a section anyway. When ihad my booking in app i asked them about strep b and she said they dont normally test but if i want it done they will do it since i was positive with Seth.
You are right about the discharge, the further on you are the more you get but it gets thinner and watery.

xxx

aww no looking forward to more watery discharge lol x

Hey ladies, just checking in with you. Hope you don't mind me still popping in, though I'm not pregnant anymore! I'm totally stalking you guys. :haha:

Things are...stressful here. I found out this week that my job is being eliminated. My options are to either take a different position at a 50% cut in pay, or to accept a severance package and be laid off. Unfortunately, my husband may end up in the same boat... Very seriously cutting our income.
On top of it, I developed mastitis ... *sigh* lol. On the bright side, I have lost almost 30 lbs, leaving me with only 20 to go to hit pre-pregnancy weight. If only I hadn't gained so much to begin with! :blush:

How's things for you all?

hehe i also have 2 Miwi. Your best asking the midwife i think Miwi for the test. Hmm if i remember right they sent a copy of the results to your consultant or Midwife. You can ask for your results via text and they either send red (positive) or green (negative).

Jenny - they can pick it up if your urine is sent away if they think you have an infection. You wont have heard of it as over here the midwives dont tell you anything about it, which i think is completely wrong. I read you should still get tested when having a section BUT with a section the risks are greatly reduced and you have antibiotics either before or during a section anyway. When ihad my booking in app i asked them about strep b and she said they dont normally test but if i want it done they will do it since i was positive with Seth.
You are right about the discharge, the further on you are the more you get but it gets thinner and watery.

xxx

Ah right, I will ask my midwife. I'll also ask when I go on Thursday to the clinic seen as I see an OB every time. If my midwife did the test how would she put it in my notes as i dont carry my own notes lol. Arghhh!! This is ridiculous! Lol.
I wonder if they check for the strep b when I do a pee sample every two weeks, I assume they test for infections but no one has ever explained what they test for to me so f knows! It's actually quite stressful not knowing what they're testing for or what the results are, or really being told anything by anyone. The more time goes on the more annoyed I get with the whole system lol. :dohh: Oh well.

I am happy to be out of triple digits for baby to get here. Woohoo!:happydance:

And Seth my next scan is the day after Valentine's day, can't wait for that!

Hey ladies, just checking in with you. Hope you don't mind me still popping in, though I'm not pregnant anymore! I'm totally stalking you guys. :haha:

Things are...stressful here. I found out this week that my job is being eliminated. My options are to either take a different position at a 50% cut in pay, or to accept a severance package and be laid off. Unfortunately, my husband may end up in the same boat... Very seriously cutting our income.
On top of it, I developed mastitis ... *sigh* lol. On the bright side, I have lost almost 30 lbs, leaving me with only 20 to go to hit pre-pregnancy weight. If only I hadn't gained so much to begin with! :blush:

How's things for you all?

ofcourse u can still pop in as much as u like!!!
:hugs::hugs::hugs: hun hang in there i know how scary & frustrating it is financially, esp when its threatend like that :hugs::hugs::hugs:
will keep u in my thoughts & prayers :hugs:
Good job on losing weight already Wow, that is amazing :thumbup:

hows ur lil man doing???

i have been a freaking egg plant for like 3 weeks :dohh: when does my fruit change :growlmad:?????

im officially in my last lap ladies :happydance:

Im so stressed, work have still not paid me, called them up, and im waiting or a phone call from them to let me know what the hell is going on, iv been waiting 2 weeks now, and all I have is £20 in my bank, and my midwife says im to avoid stress, I could cry.

On the bright side.... yay for 99 days to go, even though it will be less, still, double digits :)

Hi ladies, sorry for being MIA... Had a bad week. DS has been very trying. Definitely hitting the terrible twos. I've also had a decrease in movement so I've been silently freaking out and it's made my mood terrible. Luckily playing in the snow has been a kind of distraction but in the back of my mind I'm stupidly worried. I have my anomoly scan in a week but I'm wondering if I should call/pop into the hospital earlier if it's worrying me. I'm terrified to pick up the doppler.

Anyways... Kalyrra, I'm sorry about your job. What is it that you do?
Sparkle, congrats on 3rd tri!

Kalyrra - I'm sorry about your job. That's really ba timing! I hope you and DH can get something figured out. :hugs:

Cottles - What do you mean by decreased movement Hun? As you know I've had days I've barely got ten movements out of this LO, it could be that the babies have changed position? Try to relax if you can, but if you really cant I think you should call your midwife - she will at least be able to put your mind at rest! I'd say being 20 weeks, even with twins, the movement is still going to be sporadic. :hugs: I know what worrying can do to you xxx

I'm trying not to worry too much but I have felt movement since 12 weeks (daily since 14 weeks) and over the weekend I only felt maybe 2 kicks. I know it's early days though so I'm trying to just think its because of the size and positions. I felt Ernie roll over last week so I guess he's just kicking my back/his brother. I'm such a worrier though, I find it hard to function sometimes. Urghhh.

Oh yeah also my surprise is ruined.
I've got my scan on Monday. DH booked us a 3d scan and a meal for afterwards. Toby was meant to be staying with MIL so me and DH could enjoy it and spend some much needed time together. Now, his family have changed our plans. MIL is staying with us all weekend and after the nhs scan we have to take her, Toby, SIL and her daughter with us to the private scan. They're going to be waiting in the car do I'm gonna feel anxious and rushed because the kids are gonna get restless and the adults are gonna get bored. Then we have to drive them home instead of going for a nice couples lunch date. I'm so upset but DH is the only one who can drive so we have no choice but to share our soecial private moments with his family :cry:

Kalyrra hey huni :D nice to hear from you hun!! I am so sorry to hear about your jobs! I would look into the severance package. My mum was laid off a while back and she got a £3000 severance package. Well done on your weight loss!! That is amazing. How is baby Landon doing?

Miwi - thats good hun :) Its deffo worth getting done. Urgh i really think you should have your notes.. i would really ask about that to say your supposed to carry your notes with you when you travel incase anything happens! When they test your urine its just a quick dipstick normally unless they need to send one away. They test for UTI's, keytones which indicate your not eating/drinking enough, glucose which they would have found in yours before your GTT. Urm leukocytes show your fighting some sort of infection within yourself or that your a little unwell.

Gz realbeauty!! double digits is awsome :D oo you have your scan the day after mine thats so cool i cant wait to hear how it goes!

Sparkle gz on getting to 27 weeks hun! 3rd tri :happydance: I think you are an eggplant for one more week! Im hoping to change on Wednesday .. sick of being the same thing lol

Jenny - :o I cant believe they have not paid you! Have they said why? How bloody rediculous. Do they expect you to live on fresh air?? :hugs: I hope they sort things out soon. Woot for double digits.

Cottleston - ooo terrible two are horrid but there is a light on the other side! I would give the midwife a ring if you are worried about the movements hun although a lot wont even bat an eyelid at your stage as its still seen as sparodic :( For some reason they dont believe you can be feeling regular movements all the time before 28 weeks. Bert and Ernie have possibly just moved position or are kicking each other instead of you :haha:
Aww no for your surprise being ruined! I'm afraid to say i would be telling them to bugger off. How dare they invite themselves to something you wanted to do alone with DH, especially something as special as that. Dont you feel rushed hun! They made the choice so they can just sit in that car for as long as it takes! It's their own fault for spoiling your premade plans! Could you not take Toby with you to go for a nice meal? I thought Seth would be a nightmare but when we took him he was actually quite good, i was so surprised and i really enjoyed it. :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Just to share with you all too.. when i weighed myself yesterday i had lost 10lb so this not having a lot of food thing has done some good :haha: i was bk to 19 stone.. although i will weigh myself again tomorrow just to make sure it says around about the same x

oh oh and also i should have all ethans clothes this weekend! I get the clothes from the 2 ladies on friday and will grab some mits when i am in town. So he just needs a bouncer chair, dummy case/clip, cot mattress (which i will get when he goes into his big cot from the swinging crib) and more milk which i will get next week. Then i should be all set :D oh and some baby nail clippers too or scissors. I will probably get both even though i prefer the scissors. Then i can get my hospital bag packed... lord knows how much I actually need to take since im in from the monday to the friday! with no B&B :cry:

Sparkle you'll change at 29 weeks. I changed yesterday :)

kalyrra...Stucks on the job front sorry to hear about that. Congrats on loose so much weight already hope mines falls off to lol.

Seth i also weighed myself lol ive not gain no more although i do feel like my bump is slowly growing. I was 13stone and now im 14stone 6lbs lol

I really wish i could sleep better at night. i toss and turn so much they i could lay awake. I could a nap early which helped so i think i might need to nap bit more lol although i cant nap in work haha lol x

Evening ladies! How r u all?
I'm so tired in my body now :( sore back and feel sickish.
We r at my partners this weekend which should help as he can look after our son n I can rest.

I feel a bit bad about saying this as I know some of you had a long journey to get pregnant but my son was conceived while on the pill and bump was conceived the only time ever we didn't use protection. This scares me alot and I spoke to OH today that after our daughter is born there can not be more surprises. I'm over the moon to have two, but my body can not go trough another pregnancy and especially not being on my own. I cried when we spoke about it cuz it terrifies me the thought of going trough another pregnancy. (Thank good we get the most precious reward in the end)

This is today's bump pic, I'm 35+1 an I've def lost weight (I've put on but it's all baby and I know in my body I've lost)
But feel so heavy, she's sunk back and down n bump is alot smaller then few weeks ago

https://i1265.photobucket.com/albums/jj506/isobel84/A6E21DC1-3841-40E6-B595-FD7F20DF6C0D-304-0000003071828586.jpg

I don't think that you should feel bad at all about not wanting another "surprise". Just because some on this board (myself included) have struggled with getting pregnant, doesn't mean that we can't relate to or understand your feelings. Pregnancy is hard, and especially if it wasn't planned. Hang in there, you will be holding that beautiful baby soon.

ooo good luck with your 1st consultant app jellycat :D although there nothing to worry about.

USAF Fallon has probably just changed position, either gone head down or moved further towards your back resulting in your bump looking smaller hun. :hugs: I wouldn't worry at all.

hehe Jenny - I did the kitchen cupboards last week, now need to get a tip run sorted for all the junk i pulled out that we dont use or is broken.

Urgh my friend was as bad as i thought she would be! Moaning yet again how she took 2 weeks off, why cant she be my birth parnter, why cant she visit the day he is born, im stupid not letting any1 come round when i get home since she took the two weeks off. I told her point blank if she wants to visit while i am in hospital she has to text and ask first incase a) im not upto visitors or b)some1 else is aready coming in at that time. Or seth is going to be there. Then i told her point blank if she shows up at the flat before i say people can visit then she wont make it past the door. Oh yeah and add on the "im stupid" for not wanting to breast feed in front of her because she has seen my boobs countless times etc. urm.. its a totally different situation. I am so glad im not telling her my proper section date.. i just hope her other half doesn't see us when i go in on the Monday night since he works in the hospital. :dohh: I can feel a big fall out coming though. If the next time they visit they are the same as they were yesterday i am just going to tell her to stay away for a while until she realises this birth etc is not about her in any way or form. Same as she needs to realise when ethan comes along i will have midwife over every day and then the health visitor on top of taking seth to and from nursery and other doctors appointments like seths 3year injections and ethans 6 week check up. And also the fact that shes not picking him up all the time or feeding him.

Urgh sorry ladies i got out the wrong side of the bed this morning :dohh: had a banging headache since my friend left yesterday and when i went to the toilet last night i had excrutiating pain in the bottom of my stomach that i had to physically breathe through and couldnt move. Then when i got back into bed and settled i started breathing funny :S So its not been the best of sleeps then Seth decided 6:20am was wake up time! So thats now over a week of constant early wake ups with no sleep in. Since yesterday was my turn to sleep in.. but i had to goto the toilet.. then Seth wanted his breakfast but DH was "too cold" to move off the sofa and make it so i had to go make it.. then i just couldnt get back to sleep. So another 6 days before i get even the chance of a decent sleep :cry: I only sleep well when DH isnt in the bed with me and i can spread. :cry:

:blush: Sorry again... :blush: i must have overdid it yesterday and its made me an emotional mess... i even cried last night because i overheated seths bottle at 3am!

Not sure that I would say you got up on the wrong side of the bed, I think your friend sounds like a total pain in the ass. She should really be able to understand or reason with what you want. It's not her child or her body. She should be respecting your wishes. Honestly, if it were me and she just wouldn't listen... I'm not sure I would want her around me or the baby at all. Hang in there hon, I hope things get better :hugs:

dont worry Jenny, if DH is not there you can always call an ambulance and get him to meet you at the hospital hun. :hugs:

I wish it was just excitement that was causing her to be like this. She is like this ALL the time about everything. She thinks that things should be done her way and to her schedule. She is such a self centered person who thinks about no one but herself. She has always been like that since she was young.. but she never tried to be like that with me until recently. And I'm afraid im at the end of my tether with her. Everyone else has accepted how i want things to be and not moaning .. well at least not to my face. Its just her that can't seem to get it in her head that his whole thing is not about her and what she wants.

you have the exact same wants as me hun. The first people in to see baby will be my mum with ds1, and later on at night hopefully mum will be back with dad and my sister. The next day is when i will allow friend in but only for one of the visiting hours as my sister will prob come back for the night time one with her dh and her 4 children. The 3rd day no one will be allowed as DH might be bringing ds1 back in although i will allow my parents to come whenever they want. and the friday no1 will be allowed again because thats the day i should hopefully be going home.. and that time is solely for ds1 to bond with his little brother and adjust to having him in the house. I also want to breastfeed but only the first few days.. and i dont want people around when i do it.. i wouldn't feel comfortable with that at all.
AND ill be same as you.. needing to recover from the section and not running round after guests and making sure my house is clean for them to visit. All of my visitors except my mum expect me to make them cups of coffee etc and that just wont be happening.
Can i please have some of your sharp tongue?? lol I think im going to need it :haha:

im very jelous you have snow.. we still have none. It tried yesterday but didnt come to anything.

xxx

My life, she sounds very frustrating, sounds like you have told her how your having things, don't worry about her response, just repeat how you are having it, and if she kicks up a fuss ignore her, till she understands lol. Seems she wants to be treated like a naughty 3 year old.

Im sure you will tell people to naff off if you have to hun, don't you let people make demands on you, you will have enough do to. How they react to your wants and needs, is not your problem hun, you just enjoy baby and your family, and get well and rested, balls to everyone who wants to be an ass.

Each to their own with how everyone chooses to feed their babies, I fed my son for 3 days from the breast, when he went onto forumla, as I was just too tired and ill to keep it up. I didn't even try to breast feed my daughter, as I had such a rough time with my son. This time im hoping to exclusivly breast feed though, if I don't get ill, fingers crossed. Im not the shy type though, will be a bit weird breast feeding around my dad and brother, but they can just leave the room if it bothers them.

Im looking forward to someone in public to tell me I can't breastfeed in their establishment, as I can sue them for it, plus il squirt them with boob milk too haha.

The snow is very pretty, but it's a pain in the ass.

I agree with you about how parents choose to feed their babies. I want to try to breastfeed exclusively, but I don't know if it will work out that way or not. This may end up being coupled with formula feedings as well. This will be our first so I obviously have no personal experience with it personally. I do know that my sister wasn't able to breast feed her first two as they were tongue tied. Her youngest was 9 lb 7 oz and she wasn't able to produce enough to satiate him, so she has been doing both. I am not sure if I will be comfortable feeding in front of others or not, I guess only time will tell!

https://www.gbss.org.uk/section.php?section_id=3&section=what_is_gbs

This is a website that tells you all about it. Basically its a bacteria that all women carry but its not always active. Its not routinely tested for in the uk and they only come across it if its in your urine or they are swabbing for other things. They test at around 37 weeks as it comes and goes, you can have it one week.. but then a few weeks later it could be gone. There is only a low risk of it effecting baby but it can be fatal so women who are found to be strep B positive usually have antibiotics throughout labour to stop the infection transferring to the baby.
hmm my recovery was long and hard. Still to this day i have trouble holding bowel movements & peeing. When i have to go, i have to go theres no holding on to it. I get vaginal pains and sex can be very very painful. I had a little "nodule" which was burned off when ds1 was 1 year old from where they had stitched me up and caught a bit of skin. But it was the emotional side that i found hard. I found it very hard to bond With Seth and had a bit of baby blues which i put down to not getting my skin to skin etc and being constantly put down in the hospital about how i was doing with feeding etc.. which i later found out i was right and they were wrong.

I have been assured that it will be a lot nicer this time and i will have 1 midwife who stays with me all the time from start to finish. I am looking forward to this birth and getting to see ds2 as soon as he is born and my skin to skin :cloud9: That is something i really cant wait for!

Cherry im so sorry your having such a horrid time just now :hugs: Seriously hun if he gets too much for you just kick his ass out. I know you want a new flat but the less stress you are under the better. And no hunni it doesnt sound wrong. When my ex and I split we had been together 3 and a half years and id cared for him and his 3 kids including providing for them. When we split i lived with him for another month before moving into a hostel at which point he started seeing other women and i felt so down and rotten. You just need to concentrate on why you guys are not together anymore and every time you feel bad just think that poor so and so will have to deal with it when he does move on! And you when you are ready are going to find a decent man! It takes a long time to get used to an ex moving on especially when you live together still ... but just give it time huni and you know we are always here if you need us :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: xxxx

Oh honey, it sounds like you had a hell of a time :( I'm sorry that you had to go through that with the Step B. I actually hadn't heard of it before. I know that each time I go to the OBGYN during my pregnancy they take a urine sample to test for any sign of infection-- I'm not sure if this is one of the things that is tested for or not. I will definitely have to ask about it. I plan on having as natural labor/childbirth as possible and know that recovery from a c-section can be rough. It sounds like it was extremely hard on you emotionally. I think that is so similar in what we were talking about earlier in regards to pregnancy in general- we can handle a lot more than we think physically, it is the emotional part where we struggle the most. I wonder if it's because it's talked about so little, and if you aren't this perfect picture of a mother witha newborn than there is something wrong. I just think this idea is wrong- no two women are the same, so why would they be emotionally after giving birth, especially after complications? Big hugs, and hoping that this time is so much easier for you!

i have been a freaking egg plant for like 3 weeks :dohh: when does my fruit change :growlmad:?????

im officially in my last lap ladies :happydance:

Sparkle, congrats that you are in your last trimester! Cannot wait until I am there with you (which will be quite a while!)

Im so stressed, work have still not paid me, called them up, and im waiting or a phone call from them to let me know what the hell is going on, iv been waiting 2 weeks now, and all I have is £20 in my bank, and my midwife says im to avoid stress, I could cry.

On the bright side.... yay for 99 days to go, even though it will be less, still, double digits :)

Jenny, that sounds horrible :( I am sorry to hear that you are going through that with your work. Have you ever had this problem before? Finances are hard enough, without the added stress. Try to hang in there hun... I am jealous of your double digits! :haha:

Hi ladies, sorry for being MIA... Had a bad week. DS has been very trying. Definitely hitting the terrible twos. I've also had a decrease in movement so I've been silently freaking out and it's made my mood terrible. Luckily playing in the snow has been a kind of distraction but in the back of my mind I'm stupidly worried. I have my anomoly scan in a week but I'm wondering if I should call/pop into the hospital earlier if it's worrying me. I'm terrified to pick up the doppler.

Anyways... Kalyrra, I'm sorry about your job. What is it that you do?
Sparkle, congrats on 3rd tri!

Cottlestone, I haven't felt any movement yet which I am trying not to let worry me. I know that it is still pretty early on. If you are concerned, I can't see what it would hurt to call them and tell them about your concern, maybe they can move up your appointment. It is easy to worry about everything, because we are so invested in our little ones. Just know that we are here to listen. :hugs:

AFM- I mentioned at the end of last week that I was starting to feel better. Well, I got kicked in the face with this horrible congestion (head and chest) it was a very rough weekend. I am still feeling very crappy and growly. People at work are irritating me... I feel exhausted. I just want to curl up in bed. I woke up at 2 am and wasn't able to fall back asleep until after 5 yesterday morning. Luckily it was Sunday and not Monday. Here's to hoping things get better... I am so tired of feeling this way!

Jen breathing in steamed water really helps to loosen congestion, hope it passes soon

Cottlestonpie - OH my I woul be so angry with dh, does he not realise this would be stressful. Why cant his family stay at yours and then you go out to the scan and lunch just the two of you... then he can take them home later.

Seth great news on being 10Lb down when did you lose most weight first tri? or has it been gradual troughout

Hi Girls,

Another plus size mummy to be here. I've only just found out I'm pregnant but I'm well aware of all the risks of having a raised BMI and being pregnant/delivery/postnatal recover with being a midwife myself :)

I've just caught up with your thread and everyone seems much further along than me! You're all getting on so well!

Hello!

I'm 4 weeks pregnant with #1 and plus sized. It sounds funny but outside of my weight I'm super healthy! I know I should be sure to maintain eating properly and exercising but right now I can hardly get out of bed haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->