Plus size & pregnant join here

Who was that saying they had spd??? I think that's what I have. I haven't seen a doctor yet but I did a lot of research and several women have experienced what im experiencing in the pelvis area which I was thinking my vaginal area lol. Anyhoo... any time I explain it, no one knew what I meant.

Who was that saying they had spd??? I think that's what I have. I haven't seen a doctor yet but I did a lot of research and several women have experienced what im experiencing in the pelvis area which I was thinking my vaginal area lol. Anyhoo... any time I explain it, no one knew what I meant.

I have had spd since 16 weeks...it eased off for a couple of weeks but this week it is back :(. Sooo painful. I was given stronger painkillers, a belt and a walking stick. I don't use the stick....I would feel stupid.

Morning all how are we doing???
1st what is spd????

ok so yesterday i had my app @ gynae, & he checked to see lil munchkin & she was laying in a very good position he says & hopes she doesnt turn... coz then the chances of her turning back could be slim.. my bp was high but wasnt to concerned coz as long as i have no swelling or water retention all is good he says... i only recently started gaining weight, my 1st weight gain was 4 weeks ago 1,5 kg... (midwife told me then i shouldnt gain more than 6 kg this pregnancy), so yesterday i asked gynae how much i gained & his response was is that important , i said yes coz i shouldnt gain more than 6 kg according to midwife.. to that he said dont pay attention to her, keep doing what u doing coz u doing great.. he said its not important how much i gain as long as we both healthy!!

so from now on i see them every 2 weeks plus i get to go for echo to muke sure lil munchkin doesnt turn.. & keep track of her growth... i have a funny feeling she will come sooner than expected....

so we can get to know each other a little better :flower:

https://imageshack.us/a/img859/1029/dsc05687a.jpg

Name: Candice

occupation: was beauty therapist, now home executive soon to be sahm

Children: no1 on the way :cloud9:

Fave tv shows: Modern fam, big bang, criminal minds, & many more

Fave food: mexican & my moms curry

intersts & things u like to do: photography & editing pics, my furr babies, going for walks with dh & furrbabies on beach or forrest.. cant think of any more lol

Name: Nici

DH: Rich - Together since 2002; Married in 2008

Children: Coby (8 on 23rd Feb)

Fave TV shows: Waterloo Rd, Hawaii 50, Law & Order, CSI etc

Fave food: Chinese fried rice, Pasta

Interests: I don't really have any! I don't have time! Always at work or spending time with family xx

Attachments

• RN37-01.jpg
    RN37-01.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 1
ok i do this quick then reply properly when i have gotten seth from nursery

https://i49.tinypic.com/2ed4hv4.jpg

https://i47.tinypic.com/2d1pw8w.jpg

Name: Tara

DH: John, together since Jan 24th 2009, married August 25th 2012

Children: Seth Logan R-B, 3 years old. my tiny little gremlin :haha:

Fave TV shows: CSI, I didnt know i was pregnant, the soaps, one born every minute

Fave food: Macaroni cheese!!

Interests: Reading, Drawing

Name: Amelia

OH: Marty, been together 5 years on April 22nd :flower:

Children: Just the one in my belly!

Fave TV shows: Teen Mom, Modern Family, Corrie, The New Normal, Big Bang, Downton Abbey, Call the Midwife

Fave food: Anything pasta! And Chinese :)

Interests: Shopping, Reading, other things I can't think of lol

Just made an appt with my GP. By LMP I'll be 6 weeks and 6 days

Do you think that appt is too late considering I won't be referred to the midwife till after than appt? I think it's okay but I think my GP will pap her pants I've not come straight away. I'm comfortable to wait. I have my pre-natals to continue taking and know what to eat and not to eat etc.

I think it's a good time to go. I went at 5 weeks and was told I should've waited...
As long as you have enough time to get your booking in appointmrnt done and your NT scan booked, I'd say there's no problem.

I'm totally in love with my Doppler right now. Had another little freak out about movement again (can't wait til they're more regular!)
I know a Doppler isn't the be all and end all but it is definitely reassuring. I found one HB above and to the left of my belly button and the other almost exactly opposite, below and to the right. I can't work out positioning just yet though... They're still wriggling about too much!

Do you think that appt is too late considering I won't be referred to the midwife till after than appt? I think it's okay but I think my GP will pap her pants I've not come straight away. I'm comfortable to wait. I have my pre-natals to continue taking and know what to eat and not to eat etc.

Nah i think your ok leaving it until now hun. I didn't get my booking in appointment till i was 10 weeks anyway.

so we can get to know each other a little better :flower:
Lovely idea!

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v332/kjrandom/5E992EA2-438C-4B85-96E0-2A9EB24A667C-3474-000004840B5AFAB1.jpg

Name: Katherine (or KJ to friends and DH!)

OH: Keith, friends since 2000, together since 2009, married May 2012

Children: 1 DS, Toby b. 31/3/11 and two more boys on the way!

Fave tv shows: House, Dexter, Big Bang Theory, Castle, errr but I mostly watch CBeebies :haha:

Fave food: pizza, Ben & Jerry's, and indian- oh so healthy!

intersts & things u like to do: messy play, being mummy, reptiley things (I'm being a snake mum again when the twins turn 3)

Name: Jen

DH: Shaun, married in May 2011 but together for 8 years <3

occupation: Customer Service Rep for the last 2 1/2 years or so :)

Children: Number one is on the way!

Fave tv shows: NCIS, Law and Order: SVU, One Tree Hill (though it's not on anymore, I love watching the DVD's!), Off Their Rockers...

Fave food: pickles, strawberries & pineapple, smoothies, chocolate milkshakes... depends on my mood!

intersts & things u like to do: my fur baby, being an aunt, writing, being creative, movie nights :)

I think you'll be fine, mine wasn't until almost 11 weeks which was too late. Only because I had been to see my FS until I was around 9 weeks. Next pregnancy I will go sooner, as it was almost impossible to get in for my NT scan on time!

ok so heres the proper reply i didnt have time for earlier

Jen - I am a stay at home mum. I'v not worked since i was 4 months pregnant with seth when i get really bad spd and bad headaches as i worked on a computer all day. I am shattered by the end of the day and am usually in bed for 9pm at the latest. oooo i couldnt have my mum in with me whilst in labour! She was in the room with my sister for 3 of hers but i just wouldn't be comfortable :haha: The only one id be happy truly is my dh.

Miwi - i do feel like this pregnancy has gone waaayyy faster than my first. But i think its because i have something constantly keeping me occupied.

Cherry - happy birthday for saturday hun encase i forget :cake:
oh my gosh at the smelly breathe.. hehe should have offered him a mint or two. That sleep spray thing sounds real good, does it work if DH is hogging the bed :haha:

Bitysarah - oh no so sorry your SPD is so bad hun! Im surprised they didn't give you a set of crutches instead of a stick.

Sparkle - SPD = Symphysis pubis dysfunction ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Symphysis_pubis_dysfunction ) <-- theres a description with a diagram hun. Basically its severe pelvic pain due to one of the bones in the pelvis excessively moving.
Im glad your doing well hun, and that little munchkin is all good :thumbup: :o can i swap you weight gains lol. Its funny how some midwifes are so all about your weight gain! Mine doesn't mention mine at all, and when she thought i was weighing myself every week she told me off and told me to not obsess over how much weight i was gaining. Woot for getting to see bubbs more :D

xx

I don't plan on having NT screening - I wouldn't opt to have an amniocentisis should the result come back as high risk due to the risk of miscarriage with amnios. I'd never forgive myself if I had an amnio and miscarried and the result came back as negative. I'll just want a dating scan and then my 18-20 week anatomy scan where they check organs etc.

One thing I am very nervous about it making appts with the midwife for booking etc. I'm very inflexible in that once my shifts are set (I do a lot of weekday night shifts) I won't be rearranging them to fit appts in unless I have ample notice of the appt. I think I'll be a royal pain in the arse when it comes to fitting in a booking appt and scan dates!

Seths- she definitely won't be in there when I'm pushing! LOL but we are close, and I'd be okay with her coming in to visit for a few minutes :)

Noo- We decided to do the NT scan, though we decided we wouldn't do an amnio because of risk to baby. It was another chance to see baby which was great. I hope that you are able to work things out with your appointments, hon.

I was the same Noo, i did have the quad test done though but regardless of the results i would never have tested further. I couldn't take the risk of an amnio.

oh no but to be honest hun they should understand your predicament being in the same proffesion. Fingers crossed you dont have any problems with appointments.

How is everyone feeling this evening? (well afternoon)

I'v had an ok day today :D not much to report. Midwife tomorrow at 2pm.. fingers crossed my bp is still down and my blood results from last week are good. x

I'm doing okay - The nausea hasn't only set in but I've started vomiting already. Oh My! I wasn't vomiting so early with Coby :(

Ooo! I just noticed the get to know eachother thingy!

Name: Ciarra

DH: Eric, Been together since 05 married in 07

Children: Alixandria Rose 4 nearly 5, Braiden Scott 1 nearly 2, and Preggo with Fallon Rayne.

Fave TV shows: Grey's anatomy, Private practice (ended last night had a cry over it), Catfish, Switched at birth.

Fave food: Potato soup and chinese.

Interests: world of warcraft, my kids, going to the beach!

Attachments

• 5C.jpg
    5C.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 5
Im late too...

Name: Brittaney

OH: Jonathan 5 yrs off and on, 2 yrs consecutive and getting married in march 2013 (complicated I know lol)

Fave TV: grey's anatomy, switched at birth, lying game, teen moms, criminal minds, biggest loser, chopped, etc...

Fave food: pizza is my #1, Mexican food #2

=D Idk if I can add a pic but I'll try... if not it'll be in my default pic box later

ohh ohh I wana play :0

Name: Jen

DH: Sean, married 5 years, been together for 9 years.

Children: Leo Robert (9) and Freya Rose (6)

Fave TV shows: Breaking bad, Heroes, True Blood, Dr.Who

Fave food: carbs, carbs and more carbs

Interests: My pets, which are snakes and cats. Tattoos, music, learning, Buddhism, swimming.

This is me
https://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu217/jenchandler/394865_10151201403085264_1509544684_n_zps08b42830.jpg

my children
https://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu217/jenchandler/375249_10151176298755264_2123490957_n_zpsb9791db0.jpg

and my awesome hubby Sean
https://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu217/jenchandler/540277_10150990619935264_2111900212_n_zps467edc09.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->