Plus size & pregnant join here

Hey ladies tried to skim through most of those pages lol. This is one fast moving thread isnt it lol. I always leave this one til last or the week to read and by the time im done reading i forget what to say back lol.

Ive now got 3 weeks left at work YAY!! so glad as im finding it harder to bend over to reach the items people would like to buy even thought they clearly can see my bump now they still dont put it far enough onto the table for me to reach so i use a hanger to pull it forward lol if i stand up for a bit someone likes to puts her legs out and hurt my tummy more. Her legs now go into my ribs which i can feel lying down

Cant wait just to get her out and meet her but even more so now because it really hurts. :( i do enjoy being pregnant from time to time but sometimes its so sore i wish it to be over :( xx

What car do you have Noo? Mamas and Papas are lovely but so expensive!! Your scan is at mothercare?? I've never hear of that before! . . . Or is that a typo? Lol.

Cherry - it really does move fast lol. Ah I hope the 3 weeks goes quick for you. People can be so inconsiderate cant they!! Do you work full time?
I completely feel the same about wanting her out but sometimes no wanting it to end because I'm enjoying the moment lol. I just went into town and got groceries etc and I'm in so much pain, my back and bump kill! No idea how people work until the end :haha: xxx

woo Jenny! Exciting having the list finished. I might order a bit or 2 that i still need today I think.

Cottleston - Iv never bought anything from mothercare.. too out of my price range. Woot for scan date.. we can count down together :D mine is on the 14th :happydance:
Oh no to the baby brain :dohh: although iv seen myself do that kind of thing with cards when not pregnant :haha:
Ah i totally understand why you dont like them :thumbup: I'm one of those who checks on them every 5 minutes anyway lol. I used to poke seth till he squirmed or made a noise just to make sure he was ok :haha: poor boy. And Ethan is in for the same :blush:
Ohh and bottom of my tummy.. is pure flobble! Around an inch under my belly button and its a wobble party :haha:

Noo - Woot .. oo im excited for you! Hmm if you are like me it'll take till the 12 week scan! Saying that i was still paranoid till my anomaly scan. But i think thats mainly because the midwife couldnt get the heart beat properly (only just started to be able to get him properly with the doppler as he always moved out the way :haha: ) Iv never heard of mothercare doing scans.

Cherry - WOOT for 3 weeks left.. then you can put your feet up! Horrid people for not putting things close enough :dohh: talking of that.. :blush: I was in the shop just before.. and i have to stand on my tip toes to reach the machine to pay by card... i couldnt reach for my bump being in the way so had to try lift it over the counter :blush:
Naughty little miss for hurting mummy! I know how you feel though im the same.. wish it was over some days :dohh:

AFM - im getting more period cramps today :( went for a walk with my sister and was getting pains across the top of bump.. and then when we got home i started with period style cramps :cry: ouchies xxx

What car do you have Noo? Mamas and Papas are lovely but so expensive!! Your scan is at mothercare?? I've never hear of that before! . . . Or is that a typo? Lol.

Yup! It's at Mothercare! It's BabyBond but they're situated in the big Mothercare in York. My scan is on 16th Feb which is also my birthday :)

I drive a 2012 mini. I've been told the best ones to get are the Mamas & Papas Rubix or Luna. The Luna is fairly reasonably priced but would still need to get the pushchair, car seat, extention plus isofix for the car. Prefer the Rubix but it is bigger so would have NO boot room and it's more expensive. I like the idea of a carrycot but realistically I'll never be using it for any length of time as I drive everywhere as we live fairly rurally so would be a pain finding somewhere to keep the carrycot so really the Luna would suffice. Though I've always had my heart set on the Silvercross Linear Freeway but it just wouldn't fit in my car and can't get a new one as I only got my car in November!

oh no its a shame you are so limited on choice noo. It actually makes me glad i dont have to think about a car.. just whether it will fit on a bus lol.

Just ordered my rain cover :D So thats it now apart from buying Formula and paying for the change table :thumbup: xxx

Noo- that's so exciting that your scan is in two weeks. You must be so totally excited!! <3

Cherry- this thread is pretty fast moving. I try using the multiquote so that I remember who/what I was going to respond to. That seems to help lol How exciting that you only have three weeks left at work! I will probably be working right up until I have the baby, because of the crappy maternity leave given here in the States, unless the doctor pulls me out for some sort of complications... which I hope isn't the case. My desk is already starting to press against my belly so I have to sit back more. I have quite a ways to go!
She will be here before you know it! You must be getting so anxious.

AFM- not a whole lot going on... I've been cleaning most of the morning. This is the fourth weekend out of five that my husband has had to work. I feel bad, as it feels like we can never get done what we want to because he is at work. So I'm trying to get as much of the cleaning done as possible :) We have some plans for the day. We saw his sister last weekend, and they're having a big dinner at their house tonight. Basically, like Thanksgiving but in January haha. So, I made my Golden Raisin Biscuits with lemon/vanilla glaze. Yum! Then tomorrow is the super bowl so we will be going to my sister's which will be a lot of fun.

And I slept SO much better tonight. It's like my body says, "oh, you don't have to work today? go ahead and sleep". Oh well! Hope everyone has a great weekend.

What maternity leave do you get in the US Jen?

Oooh that's really cool Noo! You must be so excited :) That's a lovely car but it is a shame you are so limited. We are lucky, we have a ford focus so I never even had to think about size . . . Though now I wonder if I should have checked before buying :haha:

Oooh that's really cool Noo! You must be so excited :) That's a lovely car but it is a shame you are so limited. We are lucky, we have a ford focus so I never even had to think about size . . . Though now I wonder if I should have checked before buying :haha:

We're planning on upgrading our second car at some point (Toyota Aygo!) but need the pushchair to definitely fit my car without seats down as Minis only have 4 seats... Unless I just leave my husband at home :lol:

Finally relaxing, after mothercare, food shopping and dinner.

Got everything for baby now, just need to get some good nursing bras, but will do that in a few weeks.

My nan loved shopping for baby, she picked out some clothes in 3-6 months for baby. They really have some lovely clothes in mothercare.

Got a breast pump, looks a bit scary, iv never used one before. Does it hurt?

Noo- I can only speak for New York State, but in New York you get six weeks of disability. The first week is unpaid, so you only get five weeks paid. I will be using my PTO that I get, so I won't be able to take much other time off during the year. I will obviously be keeping some for appointments, etc. I am hoping to take a total of 8 weeks off, which is not enough in my opinion! Technically, you can take up to 12 weeks off without being penalized at work, but it would be unpaid.

My GOD! That is awful! There was me whinging that I'd be on 50% pay after 6 months... Gosh... I'm glad I don't live in the states. How on earth do they expect mothers to bring up children if they're expected to be back at work within 12 weeks of birth? I think I plan on taking 6-9 months maternity leave and then using annual leave to go back on graduated return so if I'm on a 20 hour contract I'd use 10 hours leave every week for 6 weeks (3 weeks worth of leave).

Noo hun.. please could i PM you with a question regarding C-Section in your hospital. I have no idea whether you will know the answer. I'v been left freaking out since a friend said something to me yesterday which would totally blow my whole "not letting people know my section date" totally out of the water :cry:

Jen - sounds like you are having a good weekend :D Glad to hear that you got some decent sleep! Everything is always better after a decent sleep :D I feel so sorry for you US ladies as your maternity leave is so rubbish. I watched a documentary where they were only allowed 4-6 weeks before having to go back to work.

Jenny - Woot on finally having everything. Hmmm i didn't produce any milk with DS1 but when i pumped it didn't hurt. May be a different story if your actually making milk though. Aww so lovely that your nan was with you :D That must have been really nice.

AFM - Apart from being freaked out that i might not be able to keep my section a secret from the main person i was trying to hide it from.. I have been getting more pains across the top of my bump yesterday... then back to the period cramps... and then last night i started getting pains in my back on the left hand side just above my hip... I think its kidney :shrug:
Had a good day though, my sister bought me some trainers! Yey no more wet feet lol.. and then the friend im trying to hide things from only stayed an hour. She did start to kick off again but i told her straight away about how things will go. So I think she finally gets the message. They are due to visit the weekend before my section but will be told im Ill so i can make sure everything is ready for going into hospital
And today my parents might be coming over :D Not seen them since Christmas so im looking forward to seeing them :D :happydance: xx

Noo hun.. please could i PM you with a question regarding C-Section in your hospital. I have no idea whether you will know the answer. I'v been left freaking out since a friend said something to me yesterday which would totally blow my whole "not letting people know my section date" totally out of the water :cry:

Jen - sounds like you are having a good weekend :D Glad to hear that you got some decent sleep! Everything is always better after a decent sleep :D I feel so sorry for you US ladies as your maternity leave is so rubbish. I watched a documentary where they were only allowed 4-6 weeks before having to go back to work.

Jenny - Woot on finally having everything. Hmmm i didn't produce any milk with DS1 but when i pumped it didn't hurt. May be a different story if your actually making milk though. Aww so lovely that your nan was with you :D That must have been really nice.

AFM - Apart from being freaked out that i might not be able to keep my section a secret from the main person i was trying to hide it from.. I have been getting more pains across the top of my bump yesterday... then back to the period cramps... and then last night i started getting pains in my back on the left hand side just above my hip... I think its kidney :shrug:
Had a good day though, my sister bought me some trainers! Yey no more wet feet lol.. and then the friend im trying to hide things from only stayed an hour. She did start to kick off again but i told her straight away about how things will go. So I think she finally gets the message. They are due to visit the weekend before my section but will be told im Ill so i can make sure everything is ready for going into hospital
And today my parents might be coming over :D Not seen them since Christmas so im looking forward to seeing them :D :happydance: xx

I think im not going to pump at all untill I have established a milk supply properly, hopefully then it wont hurt lol.
Yeah iv been waiting to take nan their, but couldn't with all the snow, as she is in her 80's and has lung disease, so there was no way I was taking her out in the cold snow. It was lovely and sunny here yesterday, so was a great day to take her out. She loved the trip, and picking out some clothes for baby. This will probably be the last great grandchild she will be able to meet.

Awww lovely, a proper family day. I hope you have a lovely time :)

thanks for the handy tip lol i never knew what those other things were used for lol.

Hahaha ive just done it again i knew i was about to say something in reply but forgot im watching movie also.

My bump is hurting alot more on top to. I dont feel her kicking and punching like before but i do feel her stretching out and pushing her legs making my belly hurt more. also i cant walk for so long my feet kill me and then everything else starts hurting lol.

I dont know whats normal no more but that has been a good experience when i ever get pregnant again lol.

Hope your all well to x

Cherry hun i am right with you hun! Im so sick of the top of my bump hurting now.. every single time i walk somewhere. I still feel Ethan kick and punch... which isnt so painfull but it hurts like hell when does a big movement.

I think im going to have to test my urine tonight. When i got up this morning my hands were swollen.. and its not gone down any. So i best see just how much protein is in there.. also wonder if its all this causing the pain in my left kidney area :S x

EDIT: Well deffo phoning the doctors for an emergency appointment tomorrow morning. Just dipped my urine and i have Trace Leukocytes, ++ Protein, Trace Blood, High Ketones and Trace of Glucose .. oh dear. Not looking too good. I am hoping it is a stupid infection and not pre-e finally kicking in.

Seth hope all is ok :hugs: lucky you had a test to use at home

Cottleston - I feel the same about cot bumpers bought one last time and soon as JJ was in there I took it down

Jenny - I avoid alot of tri boards now adays as you always get a few arsey people

Oh dear Seth's, hope everything turns out ok. I be so worried about pre-e but I like to think in my head if I drink tons of water (I grew up drinking lots of water ), I'll be OK. That may not be true but maybe me thinking that way keeps my test negative ;-)

I def hope everything comes back negative once u go to your appointment, your so close to the end =D

Blimey Seths, definitely worth an appointment. I hope it's not pre-e... But I also hope it's not that infection since you've tried so hard to shift it. Good luck hun, hope you get answers :hugs:

Afm... just had my hand on my belly and felt a couple of big Ernie kicks and a ripple under my hand where he rolled over. So weird! He's pretty much tucked up the top, getting closer and closer to my ribs. Won't be long now. I can't believe how big I feel already... I found it hard reading Toby a bedtime story tonight because with him snuggled up on my belly everything got a bit squished and I was short of breath reading a couple of sentences. At this rate I can't see myself getting to 38 weeks. My body's struggling to find room for everything already!

Consultant tomorrow. Hoping my blood pressure is ok... My legs have started swelling a fair bit now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->