Plus size & pregnant join here

Thanks guys.

Cottleston - awww hehe :cloud9: big kicks and rolls are amazing :cloud9: Ethan has been going mental today.. hes more or less not stopped moving all of yesterday (its 4:51am atm) and tonight. Bless poor Toby is going to have to start cuddling up beside you instead of on you soon. I have my fingers crossed for your BP! have you been keeping your legs elevated?

my hands are still swollen, my feet are slightly swollen, was woken up at midnight by flickering vision. even with my eyes closed my vision was going all over the place :dohh: still have a headache too and feeling sick... will try having some cereal soon. I suppose at least being up at this time ill not miss doctors opening time lol. Dreading being told i need to goto the hospital as i have no way what so ever of getting there :dohh: x

Omg Seths, please let us know how your doc appointment goes.

My fingers are slightly swollen and my back hurts, and I get stitch in my lower right side if I have to walk very far, but other than that iv been ok, touch wood.

Time to get these children to school.

Doctors phone opens in 5 minutes.. see if i can be first on the phone.

urgh back ache sucks and so does the stitch! I'm glad your ok apart from that though :hugs:

Iv told nursery seths not in today so i dont have to worry about grabbing him if i get in to the docs this morning x

well here the waiting game starts - get a call back in the next few mins

Good luck seths! Getting an appointment is the hardest part down here. Fingers crossed you get seen as soon as poss x

I've not been elevating my legs during the day- its just not possible running around after little man. It's not yet got to a point where I'm worrying though. I learnt with Toby that I do get puffy so I've kind of accepted it. It's only legs and ankles do far- not spread to my feet yet.

hehe i know what you mean lol seth doesnt let me "chill" much. Doesnt want daddy to do things it has to be mummy. My ankles and legs are ok.. its just my actual feet that have slightly swollen.

If i cant get in with the doc im going to phone the midwife (they open at 9am) and see if she can see me. Going to be very annoyed if no one can see me today. x

Edit - got an appointment for 10 to 10, if i feel worse before then iv just to go straight in. They are going to leave a message with the midwife too so she can possibly see me at the same time.

Cottleston what time is your appointment today x

How did the appointment go hun?

Rude consultant was rude. Asked me why I let myself get "this way" and assumed I just ate McDonald's 24/7. Sigh. It annoyed me for a few moments then I just figured sod it. Dude knows nothing about me. Still rude though.

Rude consultant was rude. Asked me why I let myself get "this way" and assumed I just ate McDonald's 24/7. Sigh. It annoyed me for a few moments then I just figured sod it. Dude knows nothing about me. Still rude though.

Hope it all went ok at the docs Seths.

I had a midwife like that CottlestonPie, I told her that I worked 12 hours shifts 4 days a week, have 2 children and a husband to look after as well as quite a few pets, so I don't have time to sit on my arse eating cake all day, you should of seen her face haha. Only way to shut people like that up.

Iv just painted the living room, im now paranoid about fumes :/
The paint is low voc, and I had the fan on.

He really asked that??? I'd complain! I think I've been very lucky, I've had no one scold me about my weight yet, one midwife measuring fundal height was so apologetic when she had to say that my tummy fat might be why I was measuring big lol. Plus a lot of the midwives are bigger than I am so they can hardly say anything ;)

WTF? I seriously can't stand people who judge without having any knowledge! I have not gained anything yet this pregnancy... I weight between 235 and 240 my weight always goes between that. I guess tech I have been gaining and losing those 5 pounds same as always in this pregnancy so anyways... I just hate that because we are not thin its constantly an issue if we do gain weight sometimes its unrealistic to not expect a mom to gain mass weight large or small :dohh:me personally ive always lost at least 25 pounds till this baby! Sorry for the rant off your ordeal just annoys me! :blush:

He really asked that??? I'd complain! I think I've been very lucky, I've had no one scold me about my weight yet, one midwife measuring fundal height was so apologetic when she had to say that my tummy fat might be why I was measuring big lol. Plus a lot of the midwives are bigger than I am so they can hardly say anything ;)

Yes, anytime ive seen a doctor normal or OB they apologize if they have to call me obese. :flower:

Cottleston - must just be the day for docs to be ass holes! I cant believe they said that to you!

I am sorry it took so long to get back to you all but i left the doctors in a patient ambulance. My bp was 170/98, ++protein. the GP spent around 20 minutes belittling me because i had no transport or way of getting to the hospital. She tried to make it out like i didnt care about my baby because i have no car and no1 who could take me to the hospital... "having no transport is not a good enough excuse". "what will you do if you go into labour.. theres not someone 24/7 who can come out just for you". She then got snotty with the midwife because "you need to find another room, I have a full clinic this morning your know". I was in hysterics by this point, crying my eyes out because of how she had been talking to me. Midwife took me into another room and sorted out a patient ambulance (usually kept for elderly or disabled). Got the the hospital and my bp was back down to ok, the trace was really good, Ethan had a dose of hiccups. They took some bloods and then said i could go home. Midwife is coming out wednesday morning to repeat the bloods and take my blood pressure.

I swear if i hadn't been in such a state i would have been telling her exactly what i thought of her. And am thinking of putting in a complaint against her!

xx

-_- what is wrong with your healthcare providers they are both assholes.... jesus! Glad everything is ok Seths!

Cottleston - must just be the day for docs to be ass holes! I cant believe they said that to you!

I am sorry it took so long to get back to you all but i left the doctors in a patient ambulance. My bp was 170/98, ++protein. the GP spent around 20 minutes belittling me because i had no transport or way of getting to the hospital. She tried to make it out like i didnt care about my baby because i have no car and no1 who could take me to the hospital... "having no transport is not a good enough excuse". "what will you do if you go into labour.. theres not someone 24/7 who can come out just for you". She then got snotty with the midwife because "you need to find another room, I have a full clinic this morning your know". I was in hysterics by this point, crying my eyes out because of how she had been talking to me. Midwife took me into another room and sorted out a patient ambulance (usually kept for elderly or disabled). Got the the hospital and my bp was back down to ok, the trace was really good, Ethan had a dose of hiccups. They took some bloods and then said i could go home. Midwife is coming out wednesday morning to repeat the bloods and take my blood pressure.

I swear if i hadn't been in such a state i would have been telling her exactly what i thought of her. And am thinking of putting in a complaint against her!

xx

Omg seths I'm so sorry that you were treated like that! You absolutely should put in a complaint. I'm so angry just reading that!! It's very helpful to stress out a pregnant woman with high blood pressure isn't it :dohh:
I'm glad you're back home ok Hun, and that the midwife is coming to you to save you the trip out :hugs:

Thanks USAF, Youd think they do their work for free the way they go on!

Miwi - they wanted me to go into the hospital but i said i couldnt. Tv Liscence comes out this week so we'v nothing spare till Friday. Im still livid about the whole appointment. I need to go for a sleep too... im shattered. been up nearly 12 hours now after next to no sleep.. not good :dohh: xxx

Cottlestone- I hate people who act like they are above you for whatever reason. Weight is not a reason to belittle someone :( Ugh, I think that I might have flipped out....

Seths- WTH! I swear, if I deal with a sonographer who is an ass today, there must be something going on. I'm glad that you were able to get to the hospital and that everything is okay, but not having a ride to the hospital makes you a bad mother? These people seriously have some sort of complex.

On a better note, I have an ultrasound at 4 pm today for an anatomy scan and hopefully to find out if we are having a little boy or a girl. So excited! :happydance:

:dohh: :dohh: :dohh:
What is WRONG with people? Seths I'm so sorry your doc was a moron. What kind of person (especially a medical professional) would stress out someone with an elevated bp?! Ugh.

I ache sooo much. Dropped the car off for a service at midday and it's now 4:30 almost and they haven't even started it yet. I've spent 4+ hours walking around for nothing. Toby's tired, my hips are agony and I've started waddling. I didnt realise til I saw my reflection and was like OMG IM A PENGUIN :haha:

Aw dear i hope everything went ok at your app Seths.

My tummy was killing me when i left work couldnt walk normal either :( the guy i had told i was pregnant to had ask how i was and i told him how much pain i was in and he could see it to so ive to see him before heading down stairs for my shift tomorrow and he's going to go down with me and try and get me on table or something :).

People are so rude. I was about to get on the bus and this woman shoved me so she could get on first. i gave her evil eyes all the way to her stop lol was going to sit next to her as she took the proity seats.( for eldery, broke leg or people with child) i was like grrr ill just squeeze my big bum in here then (into a small space)

Had a lovely surprise at my anethasist appointment...first thing she said to me was there is no way you weigh what your booking appointment weight is, she kept saying your not that heavy. She put me on the scales...I have lost 25lbs wow I can't beileve it. I felt I lost weight but not that much. I know I hadn't put on despite having a bump now, I can still fit into my work pants etc. Do you think they got my booking weight wrong?

Glucose test tomorrow .... No more eating till tomorrow lunch time....boo. I know I can drink water is it just sips or can I drink as normal?

Hope everyone is well :)

YAY finally work have paid me, and im in the clear with the bank again. Seeing that im not in the - has come as a great relief.

Looking forward to my day at the hospital Thursday, well the scan part anyway. And being able to actually see a consultant, as im high risk and still havn't seen one. I have lots of questions I need answering and some reassuance too.

Hope everyone is ok this evening, and that we all get a decent nights sleep, actual sleep seems far and inbetween at the mo.

Had a lovely surprise at my anethasist appointment...first thing she said to me was there is no way you weigh what your booking appointment weight is, she kept saying your not that heavy. She put me on the scales...I have lost 25lbs wow I can't beileve it. I felt I lost weight but not that much. I know I hadn't put on despite having a bump now, I can still fit into my work pants etc. Do you think they got my booking weight wrong?

Glucose test tomorrow .... No more eating till tomorrow lunch time....boo. I know I can drink water is it just sips or can I drink as normal?

Hope everyone is well :)

I've lost 28lbs, I don't feel much like it either, yay you, that's great! Hope the GTT goes well (although if it doesn't you'll probably end up losing more weight if you have to do the diet like I am ;) )

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->