Plus size & pregnant join here

Hi guys :)

Found out I havd gd today :(. Well the doctors receptionist said the doctor has written results suggests gd refer to midwife do you think that means I defo have it? Been trying to get in touch with the midwife all day. I am panicking! I feel like I have got everything during this pregnancy ... Rehsus -, spd, high bp, gbs and now gd.... Is it because I am so overweight? Finding it hard to fit all the extra appointments with work...I don't get paid for appointments and work over an hour away so it takes a whole afternoon/ morning....sorry just venting!

I'm sorry you didn't get good news today :-( Yes it probably does mean you have GD. However I would hold fire getting too upset until you've spoken to your midwife and found out whether you'll be diet controlled, needing metformin or insulin. Chances are you'll start out diet controlled. As for the others - yes, I'm afraid being over weight does increase the likelihood of becoming GD, having raised BP and SPD :-( xx

Sorry to hear about all your problems Sarah. At least if you know about then you can keep them under control a bit x

Toby's caught his daddys man flu. He must be really desperate to get out of his dentist appointment lol... We've been up since 5. He's got a fever, clammy hands, mumbling, Looks really spaced out bless him.
I'm going to asda later to get myself some ice cream. If I'm catching this lurgy too I need to be prepared! :haha:

aww Sarah im sorry your having such a troublesome pregnancy hun :hugs: Fingers crossed things will settle down hun and you will be diet controlled for the GD :hugs:

Cottleston - oh dear! have you had your flu jag? Bless poor Toby, sounds like he has it really bad. Deffo get the supplies in and be prepared!! I'v been quite lucky with not catching bugs whilst pregnant this time!

AFM - We had :sex: last night. AND I actually enjoyed it :o :o :o :o I even managed to do the big O :haha: now though.... i am paying for it hehe sore pelvis.. tummy cramps and man do i feel sick. Little man has been rather quiet too... dont think he was too impressed with the seismic movements in there :haha: :haha:

I hope everyone else is ok today :D I'm going to go get Gremlin ready for nursery and then i think we are going to go shopping while he is there so we have peace and quiet instead of him kicking off that he is bored lol. Or sneaking sweeties into the trolley. xxx

Sarah, you should be getting paid for your pregnancy appointments from work by law. I suggest you read up on your rights, before they screw you over.

I was meant to be going for my anti d jab today, I woke up feeling fine, now im dizzy, weak and having a bad stomach :(

I was thinking that same thing. Im getting paid for all my apps told by midwife by law they have to give you those days of and paid. Think they are doing you out there hun. sorry to hear your getting everything to.

Im in love with my hot water bottle lol second best sleep of third tri :). Ive got something else that im certain about to but it's nothing much i think i dont wanna say because its tmi lol but ive been watching out all day yesterday for it and i think im going to ask my mum about it has it has bother me all day yesterday.

currently: sitting on the armcouch with my water bottle behide my back lol aaaah xxx

aww no Jenny :hugs: :hugs: I hope its not a really horrid bug you are coming down with.

Cherry - nothing is ever TMI huni, if you like you could PM me? :cloud9: hot water bottles :cloud9: I think they are one of the best things ever invented.

Oh yes and i agree Sarah.. you need to kick work up the ass.. you should be getting paid time off to attend those appointments xxxx

Have not read up yet but wanted to let you guys know we got a brand new nissan quest got a rebate on the 2012 model since they are needing to move in the 2013 models but non the less still brand new and really nice. Could not afford to go with the higher up packages but hey we are slowly moving up! LOL!

Hello ladies just wanted to stop in and say hello! I am plus sized and pregnant and have had so many worries! But I have seen women so much bigger than myself go through healthy and wonderful pregnancies so I have decided to take each day as its own and deal with things as they come along. I would have preferred to be closer to a healthier weight range before getting pregnant but things don't always work out the way we plan! I talked to my OB about my worries of being "fluffy" (I hate the word OBESE, it makes me sound like I am something disgusting and I'm really quite cute, I promise :thumbup:.) And all he said was that I did not need to worry and that as long as I ate the right foods, walked at least once a day and tried to maintain my weight throughout the pregnancy all should be fine. Of course there are added problems that could occur but during pregnancy, all I can say is, anything can happen to anyone. So I am going to do my best to do what my OB said and take care of my body the best way I can through this. :thumbup:

haha i say fluffy too!! So did the anesthetist i saw :haha:

:hi: Very big welcome to you PinkDuckeh :D Congratulations on your pregnancy hun! I am glad you seem to have one of the nice obs :D Always makes things so much nicer! How are you feeling so far.. i hope your not getting too many 1st tri symptoms :hugs:

USAF - WOOT on the brand new car :happydance: I say any car is better than no car :haha: but only because i don't have a car :haha:

how are we all this morning? I'm a little grumpy but had an ok sleep so can't complain too much. xx

Glad yOu slept ok!
Welcome Pink, congrats on you'd bfp!

I'm in a mood lol
I'm still in bed. Exhaustion hit me last night. Realised I'd not slept more than 20 minutes at a time since Wednesday. Toby had a bad night again but his fever is finally coming down. I've been left with a sharp pain down the whole left side of bump. After spending days looking after the boys, I thought I'd earned some rest so I'm chilling in bed. DH said he'd watch Toby so I could get up. Erm. Nope. I'm staying here! At least until I've stretched out this bump pain and felt Ernie move. The pain is on his side so it'll stop me worrying if I feel him.

Morning ladies. I feel fab today, id not slept well all week and the cracks had started to show, I get very depressed and anxious if I dont get sleep. Well I only woke up once in the night, and had no hip cramps, so I had about 9 hours sleep, it was very much needed. I do worry how il cope with sleeping/tiredness when baby is here, but hubby will be off for 3 weeks after baby, so thats a good head start.

The kids just helped me feed some of the snakes :-D

Oh a few! Er. Plenty of corn and ratsnakes, 2 common boas, 2 coastal carpet pythons, 2 irian jaya carpet pythons, a rainbow boa (so preeetty!), 3 blue tongue skinks, 2 bearded dragons.... I'm probably forgetting a couple!

I want a carpet python again but they're a bit too temperamental to have around children. Think I'll wait til the twins are Toby's age then get a common boa or skink or some other kind of lizard that the kids can watch. Maybe geckos to start.
Although if Toby had his way already he'd be getting a spider. He's obsessed... So he's getting a bug catching kit and a fishing net for his birthday and I'll take him slow worm hunting and later in the year. :D

glad you'v got your feet up cottleston. :thumbup: you deserve it hunny. I hope the pains just because you'v been doing too much and stretched a muscle. :hugs: Thank goodness Toby is starting to feel better hun. You should stay in bed for a minimum of another hour or so!! I'm sure dh can cope with Toby :) I hope you manage to get a good night sleep in soon hun :hugs:

Glad you had a good sleep Jenny. I think its a different kind of tiredness when you have a baby.. so hopefully you will be ok :D I'm dreading it also... but i think im more dreading the fact that i will have to preempt when baby is going to cry during the night so that he doesn't wake Seth up. otherwise i will have 2 children to deal with.. and seth gets very very upset at noises he is not sure of :dohh:

you two are so brave having snakes. I couldnt do it.. not with Seth anyway xx

Oh a few! Er. Plenty of corn and ratsnakes, 2 common boas, 2 coastal carpet pythons, 2 irian jaya carpet pythons, a rainbow boa (so preeetty!), 3 blue tongue skinks, 2 bearded dragons.... I'm probably forgetting a couple!

I want a carpet python again but they're a bit too temperamental to have around children. Think I'll wait til the twins are Toby's age then get a common boa or skink or some other kind of lizard that the kids can watch. Maybe geckos to start.
Although if Toby had his way already he'd be getting a spider. He's obsessed... So he's getting a bug catching kit and a fishing net for his birthday and I'll take him slow worm hunting and later in the year. :D

Awesome :-D im corn snake mad, iv got 11 corns, 3 house snakes, four line rat snake, royal pythin, mexican black king snake :-D
I used to have 3 common boas, carpet python, bull snake, milk snakes.
I used to breed leopard geckos, chamelions and bearded dragons.

My son hates the snakes, but my daughter loves them. I usually breed the higher end corns, but I cant this year, as I just wont have time to care for the hatchlings with a new baby around.

glad you'v got your feet up cottleston. :thumbup: you deserve it hunny. I hope the pains just because you'v been doing too much and stretched a muscle. :hugs: Thank goodness Toby is starting to feel better hun. You should stay in bed for a minimum of another hour or so!! I'm sure dh can cope with Toby :) I hope you manage to get a good night sleep in soon hun :hugs:

Glad you had a good sleep Jenny. I think its a different kind of tiredness when you have a baby.. so hopefully you will be ok :D I'm dreading it also... but i think im more dreading the fact that i will have to preempt when baby is going to cry during the night so that he doesn't wake Seth up. otherwise i will have 2 children to deal with.. and seth gets very very upset at noises he is not sure of :dohh:

you two are so brave having snakes. I couldnt do it.. not with Seth anyway xx

Tell me about it, if baby keeps my other two up it's going to effect their school work. Thats one plus of breastfeeding, shuts baba up pretty quickly hee hee.

I adore my snakes, I cant imagine not having them in my life. It killed me when I had to downsize and sell so many. But need the room for baby.

hehe that does seem a good positive for BF lol. Im going to try BFing but wont be doing it long term. Deff the first few days whilst its colostrum. But after that i think it will just be a see what i think. Im not comfy with doing it in front of other people or anything or if i was out and about (since i have to rely on buses) so i think id struggle a lot. Im all sorted for FF though. Got the milk yesterday so thats another thing ticked off my list :D

Well i suppose i should get some more housework done.. since its not going to do itself sob sob lol x

Yes boobie = quiet happy baby and fast just a quick pop out... LMAO! I breastfed my son for 20 months till pregnancy caused aversion so I gently weaned. I got used to being around people and just used something to cover myself! Its a hard thing to do I give anyone props for trying or doing it even for a short time!

Everyone is different, you gotta do whats best you you, baby and your circumstances.
Im a bit of a battle axe lol. Il get my boobs out whenever, where ever, and if some people wana frown or stare il do it all the more and not cover up lol.

On another issue, my boobs hurt like hell again :-/ thought that time had passes, ouch :-(
And one has grown bigger than the other too, :|

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->