Plus size & pregnant join here

Forgot to say, yay for hospital day today :-D

Hope your all well.

I'm so thankful to of found this thread. I am plus size. 24 with pcos and was ttc for 2 plus Years. We conceived our first on Christmas by using fertility medication. I'm due Sept 15. I know I'm really far behind u all but I'm so thankful to have found this thread.
Other then pcos I had no other health issues. Pcos helped me to gain alot of weight and once I started on fertility drugs those also played a factor.
At 6 weeks they diagnosed me with gestation diabetes. I was shocked. I had no history of diabetes and the doc told me it wasnt all my fault. I currently don't have to take any medication for it, just watch my sugars. Which I'm thankful for.
So that's My story In a nut shell.

I did have a question for u ladies... When did u start showing? With being plus size can others tell your actually pregnant? I'm just worried I'll look fat instead of pregnant.

Hey hun, welcome to the group. This is my first also and i didnt start to show until about 18-20weeks. But no one else could really tell unless i lifted my top up lol. Mines is a weird shape has its hard on the top but wobbly on the buttom lol People can only just tell now since last week i think as i was off for a week before hand lol and when i tried to get my work blouse on it was super tight. i though i was wearing a 18 turns out its a 16 :|... I wouldnt worry to much about when you shall show though as you shall have a beautiful bumps like all of us. :)

H+h 9 xxxx

Just wondering if any of you ladies know of any good pain relief for the bump and back. I had to go to bed last night with a hot watter bottle to ease some of the pain from the bump ( hips) lol i managed to get a really good sleep last night which im so happy about. might just have to keep using the bottle i did try paracetamol but it doesnt really help me much. I was going to go for a hot bath before bed to but i just had no engery to get up and make one lol xxxx

Sadly I think paracetamol is the only thing we can take. I was given codeine after a car accident when I was preg with Toby but I know you can't take much of it in case baby becomes dependent or something? It scared me so I just put up with the pain for the most part.
Can you use tens machines in pregnancy? I've never used one but it might help?

Urghhh I'm so tired! DH is poorly. He got in from work last night, plumbed in the washing machine and slumped on the sofa. I waited on him all night, sent him to bed during Toby's bath so I had a grumpy DS on my hands because bath time is usually daddy time, meaning he took over an hour to settle to sleep.... Then I went to bed and got NO sleep because DH is a man and doesn't suffer in silence. Puking next to my earholes, coming out with the occasional expletive just because he felt rough and stomping about like a herd of elephants... Not to mention waking me up for random chats about dreams of meccano. Could've punched him to be honest but he's ill so that would've been mean lol

But obviously this morning I've had to get up with Toby while DH sleeps (probably more quietly than last night because there's noone there to give him attention).... And if he's still sleeping by 11am then I don't get a nap today :(

Aww its ok. i get moany and grumpy to when ive not slept well and Ryan gets it all lol

I cant wait until i finish up at work. So i can slomp on the sofa and not move lol i know thats not a good thing but this back ache is annoying lol ill just have to surfer it out and use this hot water bottle more often ... What about heat packs? i read on somesite you can use them for 15 to 20 mins lol might check them out for when im working. need one good back massage to :) maybe try that bath tonight lol

i dont wanna go to work but i dont have much of a choice i need the cash and i dont wanna come back to early next year Just feel so heavy :(

Forgot to say, yay for hospital day today :-D

Hope your all well.

Woo gz hun i hope you have a good appointment hun :thumbup:

Cottleston - i have no idea if the question was for me but my swelling is ok today. My hands are a little puffy and my wrists but nothing like it was the other day.
So sorry you had a rubbish night hun :hugs: Men always moan more when they are ill. *touch wood* my dh hasnt had man flu yet. althoug now i have just jinxed myself :haha: I really hope that dh gets up so you can have a nap hun.
You can use tens when you are pregnant :thumbup: Dont you worry about a long moan huni thats what we are here for :hugs:

Cherry - Hot water bottle, heat packs, ice packs, a warm wheat bag, hot bath, hot shower, xxxx

thanks seths. Just hate the pain lol now my boob is hurting lol everythin else is ok for now though. thats until i leave for work :(

I got 2 weeks left at work not iincluding today and tomorrow then i get to sit on here every day with you guys :)

Ive got jen on facebook but if you both wanna add me you can my add is [email protected] or search christine cowie lol just me and my 31 week bump pik up lol

Glad the swellings not as bad today hun. Mines so unpredictable- sometimes it's worse if I'm active but sometimes it's worse if I do nothing. Baffling.
LOL hope you haven't jinxed yourself. Man flu is worse for women having to listen to it all :haha: He's still in bed. Can't see him getting up any time soon. Might put up the air mattress in Toby's room so I can snooze.
I posted a bump pic in the plus size bump pics thread... Feeling quite bumpy this week!

Cherry.. Hope you get some relief today. Sucks that we can't take most pain killers. :hugs:
Jenny.. Good luck at the hospital!

I'm with you hun! I am so fed up of the pain now.. i was in a horrible mood last night because im just so fed up with the pains. wooo only 2 weeks at work... i bet you cant wait! :happydance:

I'v done a search for you but cant spot you :haha: there are loads of christine cowie's on facebook :haha: xx

oh ill have to hunt out the plus size bump pics thread again so i can see :D Urgh swelling is such a pain in the ass. Air mattress sounds like a good idea hun then at least you can have a sleep hun :hugs:

I can't find you either hun! Mine is Katherine Baxter if you/anyone wants mine... Profile pic is me (red hair) with DS and niece sitting on my knee.

Mine is Tara Louise Rooney-Bell profile pic is my 20 week scan pic xx

just found a kathy with red hair lol hope i didnt add wrong one lol

got you now seth :).

My pain has gone for now i just hope it stays like that for a bit. I took some paracetamol to

I can't post my link because I'm on my phone but I just added you both :thumbup:

woot got you hun :D haha DH was lke Who's that?! haha

Please can i ask ladies no mention of sex, sections or names :thumbup: It is still a big secret to 99% of people on my facebook. :happydance:

26 days left to keep the secret :happydance: i think i can do it... maybe :haha:

secret is save hun. I got few other girls from here on facebook to.

I'm going to have to run now :( need to find something to munch before i leave in half hour lol catch you both later. xx

I hope you have a good day hun! I best get my ass into gear too and go and get the little gremlin from nursery x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->