Plus sized in the second trimester!

Oh wow. I started swelling 2 days ago, so I haven't had to deal with it long yet. Is it normal for my feet to be more swollen in the morning when I wake up than at night when I've been on them all day? I can't sleep anymore either, and it sucks. I just want to sleep! (yes, that was said in a whiney voice)

I think so? My feet look like sausages too and I always have a distinct like where my socks are and sometimes even my shoes. Maybe try propping your feet up (If possible) when you lay down. They told me that when I'm sitting down, I should try to always have my feet elevated higher than my heart (which is a vary goofy way to relax lol) but I've found that elevating them at all seems to help a bit.

I've been sleeping okay but I ALWAYS wake up twice to pee and those two times, I'm awake afterwards for like an hour for some reason and then I just get back to sleep and my alarm goes off. In fact, yesterday one of my consumers straight up told me I look like crap! Hahaha I guess I looked tired and I didn't have any make up on

Lol well that wasn't very nice of them! My mom left this morning so I'm a bit bummed out. We went shopping yesterday and I think I'm set for this little girls arrival, well, aside from washing and putting everything away. I have a whole basket of clothes to wash and a tub of little things to put away, and some beast pump stuff to figure out how to use, but it's all here! Lol

Hi ladies!! So glad all of you are doing so well!! Hang in there with all the swelling- I never got to the point to experience that! I love the baby shower photos and I LOVE the maternity photos!! I don't even notice any swollen hands!! Just such a cute baby bump and to be big sis!

As for me, Zackary will be 33 weeks tomorrow if he were still in my belly, and will be 10 weeks old already!! He now weighs 3lbs 3oz (more than double his birth weight) and is starting to look more and more like a little baby rather than a baby that should still be growing in my tummy!

He is now on a nasal cannula which is great so he doesn't have a tube down his throat! This means he can now cry and suck on his pacifier! He is very active and is now receiving eye exams every two weeks. They have to keep checking them when they are this early since their eyes are not supposed to be seeing light this soon!

I am still breast pumping every 3-4 hours and he is now eating an ounce of breast milk every 3 hours through his feeding tube. In a couple of weeks he should be able to start trying a bottle and sucking (not yet drinking) out of my boob!! Woo hoo!

Can't wait for your little munchkins to arrive, but with this experience, I definitely wish a full term pregnancy for all of you!

Here are a couple of recent pics of Zackary, as well as my wedding dress I just bought last week for my wedding in September!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 6
I can't figure out how to post multiple pics at once so here is another...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 6
And the wedding dress...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 5
I have been waiting anxiously to hear from you Bselck! It sounds like he is still a little fighter and doing great!! That's awesome that he is more than double his birth weight! He is looking great! So handsome! He has definitely already come a long way in a short two months! Do they have any speculation yet on when he will be able to come home? I know one thing at a time, just curious :)

Also, I don't see any wedding dress photo! :p

I'm sure you've been so busy planning for a wedding and caring for Zackary. Are you back to work?

I've been waiting for an update for sooooo long bsleck! I'm so glad he's doing so well! At least he'll be home for your wedding! How exciting. Have they given you any sort of time period for when you might be able to bring him home? I know it's probably going to be a while, but is there an end in sight? Believe me, you're not missing out on much not being pregnant right now lol. It's starting to get so uncomfortable and it just hurts. I'm ready for this baby to be out, although I really want here in there for at least another month, if that month were up I would not be sad.

And I love your dress. You look so good in it too!

Oh now I see the dress!! It's so beautiful! You look amazing!

I was thinking about you today bselck I'm so glad he's doing well. He's getting so big! What a trooper he is! And you look beautiful!

As for the swelling, I feel you all! My legs and hands are so swollen all the time. Worse on days I work though. I think everything is swollen! I truly hope I don't go over! He has to wait till 37 weeks but needs to come by 40ish or I'll go nuts!

Thanks so much ladies!! Yes they are looking at the beginning of May for Zackary to be coming home! As long as he doesn't get an infection and all continues to go well!! It does seem like a while longer but so far it has been flying by! I can't wait for all of you to have your babies!!

Thinking of you always!! :baby:

Thanks for checking in bselck, we are all just so thrilled with his progress! And you look wonderful in that dress btw!

Been a while since anyone posted in here. How are you girls doing?

Well on my end: my Dr told me today she won't let me go past my due date, but unless my fluid goes below a 5 before then, they can't induce before 39 weeks. Perfectly fine with me! They've started a pool of when she will be born. So a max of 3 weeks and she will be here... It's getting scary!

How are you guys doing?

That's exciting!! I hope things start on their own for you though.

I'm doing good. Waiting impatiently! Just getting really uncomfortable and tired! Had auch higher BP than usual on Tuesday, but still barely below 140/90 so they said just to take it a bit easier. I'd really like to avoid an induction but if I get close to my due date I may ask about it because if he comes late I won't get much time with him before I have to go back to work. I haven't had a cervical check yet. They offered it to me Tuesday but I declined because there was a resident with her and I know him, I've worked with him for a year or so, sweet guy but it would've been awkward lol. So I told her we could wait till next week. They don't routinely do them anyway but since I'm a nurse she figured I may be curious and offered it to me.

Had some consistent cramping this morning for a few hours but it went away. May have just been a little dehydrated or maybe he's trying to work his way down.

Hey ladies good to see the updates!! Let me know how each of your labors go!! Hoping for no c-sections! They scare me! Lol love you all!

Here are some recent pics of Zackary! :happydance:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 5
Oh he's getting so big! I'm so happy that he's still doing so well! Are they still thinking he'll be able to come home in about a month?

Dini I probably would have declined with him in the room too. My Dr has checked me the past two weeks and zero dialation going on over here. Gonna pick up some epo cuz she said if they end up needing to induce and I've had no cervical changes that it will not be fun for me. Hopefully I can help it get thinned out a bit. I hope your little man comes soon.

Oh he is getting so big and he's so cute! He looks great! Thanks for the update!!

Mod, the thought of an induction without the body being at all ready scares me! I'm hoping to avoid one but I don't want to go past 41 weeks so we will see. I kinda doubt there is anything going on here either. His head doesn't seem low enough and even though I'm sore and uncomfortable that doesn't mean squat lol.

True... But maybe you'll be pleasantly surprised! I have been drinking the raspberry leaf tea, but not religiously or anything, so not sure if it's actually helping or not. And will start the epo today. Hopefully that works. It's getting so close its scary! Lol starting to freak out that I'm not ready now. I'm terrified of the first day I'll be alone with her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->