Plus sized in the second trimester!

I just need to buckle down and get stuff done! I was on a roll for a while, but now I'm just on idle mode. I have two friends who are due in the beginning of may and end of may and they both have their cribs up, bags packed and all and I'm like.. yeah.. I have everything, but nothing is ready! Lol.

Sounds like both of you have a mild form of the same thing. And yes it's pregnancy induced. I also have a pinched nerve or two in my neck which makes my shoulder and arm hurt horribly if I do too much. The chiropractor is helping but its getting expensive! The carpal tunnel is due to the swelling. It keeps me awake most nights and is so painful during the day, my left wrist is actually popping when I move it a certain way. I just pray it goes away after he's born!

I feel ya on not wanting to be off. I know taking off at 39 weeks will be a good idea because I will want the rest and to finish getting things ready and I could maybe be okay at 38 weeks but 37 or before seems like too much, I'd go crazy I think but if I can't take care of patients then I will have no choice.

I also wonder how bselck is, I hope she checks in soon.

Mod my shower was wonderful!! I was overwhelmed at how great it really was, and I got so much great stuff. I'm currently washing his bedding and blankets. I wanted to wait, I still get anxious at getting ready for him, like it's going to jinx things and I know it's stupid but I just can't help it. So I forced myself today lol.

I'm posting a pic from the shower. I'm waiting on more people to send me pictures, I didn't get many from people yet, but the first one is a pic of the diaper table. The pictures my MIL found on Etsy to put in his room and I'm in love with them! The second is a pic of all the stuff in his room after we unloaded it all.

https://s13.postimg.org/nysi1dcur/IMG_1124.jpg
https://s15.postimg.org/805eohe7r/IMG_1121.jpg

HOLY STUFF! Lol I remember after my baby shower with DD I came home and cried, partly in due to hormones, and I was just overwhelmed and didn't know where to put anything! Lol That's awesome though! Those pictures are adorable!

I forgot to mention in my last post too, I think the last time I cooked a "real" meal was about 2-3 weeks ago. We have been living off take out on weekends and actually most nights I'm not even hungry and DH is sleeping until he goes to work so I just make something quick like grilled cheese or spaghetti for DD and I. I feel terrible and worthless.. but I am just dead!

Glad I'm not the only one not cooking! I did make spaghetti last week one day though. May make it tomorrow night. It's a staple to me lol.

I am a bit overwhelmed with putting it all away and where to store things and how to organize it all. Do you hang a lot of your baby clothes? Since I'm having a boy its not like he is going to have dresses, and I don't know how many things I'll really hang. What is your take?

When DD was first born I just had one of those three drawer organizer things in my closet (we had a one bedroom apartment then!) and folded all of her things and they fit in there just fine. As she got older though and we moved to our new place and she now has her own closet, I hang all of her shirts and sweatshirts (and dresses) then she has a dresser for her pants, undies, socks, pajamas and what not.

This time around we are actually making a book shelf into a little closet for the baby by not using the top two shelfs and replacing those with closet rods. I'll probably hang her things other than pants.

Id say it's just a personal preference and what you have available as far as a closet, dresser etc.

Wow look at all that stuff! That's awesome! So... All ready now or not so much? Lol

Mine is this weekend and I'll just be about 33 weeks. Less than 2 months at that point. Now it seems like it's going so fast! Can't wait for my mom to get here on Saturday. We've already set a baptism date to fly home the end of June.

She'll be sharing a room with us as well. I've made space in oor closet and 2 dresser drawers for her things, and got one of those plastic 3 drawer organizers. Until we can move that's just how it has to be. We have huge bedroom furniture though, and a lot of it, so making room for her was no big deal.

Well, I had a dr appt today, and the fluid level dropped from 15 to 10 from 2 weeks ago. I will be going weekly from now on to monitor the level. So I will be having a scan every week until she is born. I feel like it's too much. I'm not complaining, I'm just worried that they're worried, if that makes any sense. I though they'd be happy with 10, but guess not.

I thought 10 they would be happy with as well? Maybe it's because they are always varying so much, but they seem to only vary between doctors. I just read your post on your "low amniotic fluid" thread and saw that you hav weekly scans and appointments now. Are those with your regular doctor or high risk doctor? I definitely understand your worry, but at least they are closely monitoring it and prepared to take her if need be. Is there any way of you to know or any symptoms? Are they trying having you drink even more or do anything differently? I'm sorry you've had all of these struggles! Just take it one week at a time now.

No I don't have to do anything different, just keep drinking about 100oz of water/day. They said if I drink too much it can cause the fluid to flush out too fast and actually cause it to go lower, so to stick around the 100oz. I'm sticking with my regular Dr now, and will not be going back to the high risk dr. No symptoms, no way of knowing it's low, just by them measuring. Got some raspberry leaf tea today to start drinking now just in case they decide to induce sooner than later.

Mod so sorry you have to deal with all this!

How was your shower?

And no we aren't ready lol. Got the pictures hung today and his clothes are almost all washed and partially put away. DH has to install the shelf I bought and then I can put more away.

Can't believe I am over 34 weeks. I think I'm only going to make it at work until 37 and that's if I'm lucky. Financially that is going to be really rough but ill be glad to get a break before he comes because I'm so worn out from work that I can barely get much done around the house. Work has been so hard lately and Friday I barely add it through the day. My legs were so swollen it hurt to walk and my hands and shoulder hurt so bad that driving home had me in tears. I have to work in the morning and woke up today with a sore throat and cold symptoms. Ugh!! Sorry for the rant!!

hoping everything goes well at your appointment this week mod!

Dini, I'm sorry you're in so much pain! 37 weeks, although will still be a financial hardship, is still better than if you would have already been off. You don't want to over do it and be in so much pain that its unbearable. I'm just now starting to get over my cold and it's been miserable. My doctor did say that I could take benadryl or sudafed to help with congestion and draining, but I just stuck to plain ole cough drops. Hopefully it doesn't last long for you!

I keep having little mini freak outs when I think about how many weeks we actually have left! I had DD at 39 weeks and on Tuesday I will be 35 weeks, so 39 weeks is only 4 weeks away! That's NOT long at all. I feel like I have soooo much to do before then.. well, because we do have a lot to do. Lol. We've been REALLY slacking. DD's birthday is this weekend and we likely will get into the full swing of things after that.

Side note-- got our pictures done yesterday and I can't wait to see them. I really didn't want pictures, but then at the same time I did, if that makes any sense. Lol. The photographer showed me a few of them and I HATED the side angle ones, but the ones that she took from up above that she showed me I REALLY liked. She said it will be a few days for editing and what not so I may share some of them if I don't look like a total cow :p

Dini I'm sorry you hurt so bad. It does suck to take off before you were planning, but maybe baby boy will cooperate and decide to come around the same time. At least you're getting things done little by little. Better than nothing!

Mcwhmm I was thinking about your pictures the other day and was going to ask how they went...but apparently I didn't miss them as they just got taken! Let us know how they turn out. 4 weeks is not far away at all... 30 days can go by so quick. How exciting and terrifying at the same time!

The shower went really well. Got a lot of newborn and size 1 diapers which we will be taking back tomorrow for either store credit or bigger sizes. And a lot of clothes. I was pretty disappointed that hardly anyone got anything off the registry, so now I have a bunch of stuff I don't need and nothing that I do. I'm not trying to sound ungrateful, but I already had a boppy so I didn't register for one, so I get 2 more today...I dunno. Hopefully the stores don't give me any hassle trying to return things tomorrow.
We did have a headband making station that was a big hit. It was nice to see everyone, and a lot more people showed up than I had anticipated. Here are some pics of it:

Attachments

• 0308151810a-1.jpg
    0308151810a-1.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 4
  • 0308151200b-1.jpg
    0308151200b-1.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 2
  • 0308151154c-1.jpg
    0308151154c-1.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 3
  • 0308151154a-1.jpg
    0308151154a-1.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 2
You're shower looks so cute! I love the colors! A headband making station was a great idea and sounds really fun! Ughh... Yeah, That's kind of how mine went with DD too. I got about 10 sets of washcloths and towels and a few other things. I took A LOT of stuff back to Target. They have a strict (and pretty dumb) return policy there where you can only return so many items a year without a receipt and they keep track of your license and all. Since I returned all at one time, they didn't fuss too much. Hopefully nobody gives you any hassle! If some people gave you gift receipts that will help as well!

Nope, not one gift receipt. I've pretty much narrowed down what probably came from target, Walmart, and buy buy baby. But yeah, tomorrow I will be walking in with a cart from each place to get some store credit. At least that way I can get what I need. What's the point of registering if no one is going to look at it anyways? I did get some really cute stuff though. We didn't have much for clothes so now I think we're pretty much set for a while on those and won't have to buy any till she's in 9 month clothing. And got some really nice swaddle blankets that I love. Hopefully they don't give me a hard time. If they do I'll just take some of the diapers to walmart instead of target. Excited to go and finish up getting what we need tomorrow though.

I hope you had no struggles with your returning things today and finishing up your baby shopping mod!

I hope you're feeling a little better today Dini!

Here is ONE of my maternity pictures that she posted online that I liked. The rest, I can't save until I receive my copy of the CD :( Some of them I love and others I look like a cow Lol, but I'm still happy that I got them done.

Attachments

• 13475_10153083103039454_6673423860182785778_n.jpg
    13475_10153083103039454_6673423860182785778_n.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 6
Oh my goodness that is such a great picture! Adorable! I could never look that good in a picture. I saw some of myself from yesterday and I just look horrible. I'm starting to swell so I'm sure that doesn't help.

Omg.. Trust me, some of them are terrible! Especially once where you can see my hands. I have like dimples where my knuckles are supposed to be, but my hands are so swollen that I have no visible knuckles. Like in this pic of DD hugging my leg. I have like balloon hands! Lol.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 3
Lol. Then Here's one other that she posted that I really liked since it hides me fat pretty wel! Lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 3
Wow that second one is amazing too! You're dd is adorable... Sorry about the sausage fingers in it though lol. I've noticed my rings starting to get tight, but I refuse to take them off.

Lol thank you! I'm surpised that she did so well for pictures. We go back in like a week and a half for her 3 year pictures and I hope she's good them too! Lol at this age, you never know when it comes to pictures:p

Oh and yea.. Complete sausage fingers! Lol oh well.. Makes for a good laugh!:p my rings have been off since around Christmas time. I had one of them stuck on my hand and couldn't get it off and it scared me so I didn't put them back on. Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->