POAS addict going into rehab

Nat 1976

Reaction score
:witch: due yesterday and I am still waiting (I have tested and it was BPN)!!! I just want :witch: show up and get on with it so that we can start the next cycle ...... but is she playing with me the witch.
BUT this cycle we have decided to get rid of all OV predictor tests and IC’s and just :sex: every other day when we fancy it without thinking about it all too much. I will still take my vits as will he but, no more Pee’ing on sticks taking temps checking CM etc etc etc. It’s been a solid 18mths of hard core doing and trying everything possible (including Lap & Dye)....so from now on we have decided to just chill out and enjoy just :sex: for the fun of it without thinking “will this be it” running through my head when I should just be thinking of........... Well you get the picture lol.
Now if AF would just get a move on!!!!!:haha:

i think that's great! :thumbup:
whishing you all the best :flower:

Im with you , trying the more relaxed approach from now on xxxx

This sounds like a really good plan! Sometimes I think all my obsessing over getting pg is counter-productive. Sending you :dust:

Thanks everyone!!!
:witch: arrived this morning two days later than normal but at last she’s here ..... Never thought I would say that!!!
So here’s to CD 1 and to a chilled out relaxed approached. I have no tests in the house and have no intention of buying any so no more peeing on sticks woo hoo I feel surprisingly free.
Hubby is also really happy that we get to just have fun when we feel like it. In his words “I don’t feel like a performing monkey anymore” .... Oh what have I put the poor man through?:blush:

good luck everyone :dust::dust::dust:

Good luck this cycle Nat!! I try and do the 'chill' approach all the time and never tell my DH when it's O time (don't want to add to the pressure). I've stopped POAS too, but your body gives it all away and then I get stressed that we're not BD enough at the right time!! Not sure what the best way forward is but good luck hun, may this be your cycle for a BFP!!!!:thumbup:xXx

Good luck this cycle Nat!! I try and do the 'chill' approach all the time and never tell my DH when it's O time (don't want to add to the pressure). I've stopped POAS too, but your body gives it all away and then I get stressed that we're not BD enough at the right time!! Not sure what the best way forward is but good luck hun, may this be your cycle for a BFP!!!!:thumbup:xXx

Thanks Jax41 I know what you mean about the body giving it away!! I know when I OV without the tests but I am not going to say anything to hubby and try my best to stop thinking about. It’s not going to be easy as I am total control freak:wacko:, but I have succumb to that fact that there are just some things you have little control over, so what the piont stressing over it every month:nope:
I will let you know how calm and chilled out I remain as the weeks go by !!!
:flower:

Hi Nat, this is exactly what we've decided to do too. I'm so fed up of all the POAS for last two yrs and nothing to show for it but two m/c. You do become obsessed and life is no fun. Easier said than done, but really trying to relax for a couple of months and FXd sthg happens because if not, it's IVF for us which I'm not looking forward to :-(
Good luck with it all xx

:dust::dust:
Hi Nat, this is exactly what we've decided to do too. I'm so fed up of all the POAS for last two yrs and nothing to show for it but two m/c. You do become obsessed and life is no fun. Easier said than done, but really trying to relax for a couple of months and FXd sthg happens because if not, it's IVF for us which I'm not looking forward to :-(
Good luck with it all xx

Good luck to you too I shall keep my fingers crossed the relax approach works for you as well :flower:!
We have been trying since 2008 fell really quickly the first time trying but ended in MC at 12wks. For various other reasons we had a couple of breaks from TTC since then, one being for 6moths before we got married 21st Nov 2009 but have been TTC since then and had no luck:nope:.
We are seeing a FS and I have had a Lap & Dye done last month and they found nothing wrong with us.... we are “unexplained infertility” We are waiting for IUI but no idea how long the wait will be but hope we get a BFP before we have to go down this route as it as I am not looking forward to it.
I feel relaxed at the moment but who knows how I will feel as time goes on....:wacko: lots of :dust::dust::dust::dust: to you!!!

Nat and MumToOneTTC, I'm not sprinkling either of you lovelies with baby dust, I'm just going to say lets just chill dudes:coolio:. Let me know how you're doing though!!!xXx

Good luck ladies!

Nat, I think that is a fab idea! I look forward to seeing what this months chart looks like so I can go down that path (first time charting). Once I have an idea of what my body does when the big o hits I'm sure that a more relaxed state will be most helpful!

Good luck ladies!

Nat, I think that is a fab idea! I look forward to seeing what this months chart looks like so I can go down that path (first time charting). Once I have an idea of what my body does when the big o hits I'm sure that a more relaxed state will be most helpful!

Good luck graceface :hugs:

Good luck with it all xx

Good luck to you too I shall keep my fingers crossed the relax approach works for you as well :flower:!
We have been trying since 2008 fell really quickly the first time trying but ended in MC at 12wks. For various other reasons we had a couple of breaks from TTC since then, one being for 6moths before we got married 21st Nov 2009 but have been TTC since then and had no luck:nope:.
We are seeing a FS and I have had a Lap & Dye done last month and they found nothing wrong with us.... we are “unexplained infertility” We are waiting for IUI but no idea how long the wait will be but hope we get a BFP before we have to go down this route as it as I am not looking forward to it.
I feel relaxed at the moment but who knows how I will feel as time goes on....:wacko: lots of :dust::dust::dust::dust: to you!!!

Hi again Nat,
I just had a lap and dye and hysteroscopy done too a couple of weeks ago. Nothing found so good news for a change!! We also paid privately for an AMH test as not offered on NHS and also got DH SA done again. NHS SA showed bad results but only because we've subsequently found out that they're left too long before analysing and privately they're tested straight away so all this time we've been thinking our probs have been down to crap sperm but actually my test shows I have low fertility / egg reserves. That's why IVF is best option because they'll pick the best eggs to use.
Have you had your fertility tested? I never knew about the AMH test until we went privately so I'm a bit cross at having to pay for proper answers. :growlmad:
Anyway, sorry for the delay in replying - I don't get much time to log on these days, but really appreciate yr reply above. It's so nice chatting to people going through the same emotions and frustrations who are the only ones who can possibly understand.
Sending you lots of luck and relaxed PMA :hugs: xx

Good luck with it all xx

Hi again Nat,
I just had a lap and dye and hysteroscopy done too a couple of weeks ago. Nothing found so good news for a change!! We also paid privately for an AMH test as not offered on NHS and also got DH SA done again. NHS SA showed bad results but only because we've subsequently found out that they're left too long before analysing and privately they're tested straight away so all this time we've been thinking our probs have been down to crap sperm but actually my test shows I have low fertility / egg reserves. That's why IVF is best option because they'll pick the best eggs to use.
Have you had your fertility tested? I never knew about the AMH test until we went privately so I'm a bit cross at having to pay for proper answers. :growlmad:
Anyway, sorry for the delay in replying - I don't get much time to log on these days, but really appreciate yr reply above. It's so nice chatting to people going through the same emotions and frustrations who are the only ones who can possibly understand.

Hello mumToOneTTC

Glad your lap & dye went well but not so happy about your AMH test news thats :nope:. At least you can try IVF and theres still a chance of natural conception. I didn't know about the AMH test so i am gonna look into it, thanks for telling me about it i wouldn't of known !!!

This month so far i feel so much more relaxed, no testing so far is great!!!!

Fingers crossed you dont need the IVF route !!:hugs:

Good luck with it all xx

Hi again Nat,

Hello mumToOneTTC

Glad your lap & dye went well but not so happy about your AMH test news thats :nope:. At least you can try IVF and theres still a chance of natural conception. I didn't know about the AMH test so i am gonna look into it, thanks for telling me about it i wouldn't of known !!!

This month so far i feel so much more relaxed, no testing so far is great!!!!

Fingers crossed you dont need the IVF route !!:hugs:

Hello Nat,
Forgot to say that AMH is Anti Molarian (spelling?!) Hormone - it's a simple blood test and I have no idea why they don't offer it on the NHS - seems to me that it would answer so many problems. It cost us £130 privately but I expect that varies from area to area and who you see. Not cheap but we saw it a small price to pay for the right answers.
I also feel more relaxed this month tho I'm struggling not to think about what day of my cycle it is :dohh: Anyway, I'm sure it's making me a nicer wife and a better mummy - I feel so guilty sometimes that I've been so caught up in my cycle that I'm not cherishing the time I have with my little boy - he starts school in September and then I'll miss him :cry::cry::cry:
Anyway :dust::dust::hugs:

Hi Mum2One and Nat - keeping my beady eye on you, glad to hear you're chillin' even if there's been some frustrating news.

I'm totally cheesed off with my DH this cycle, I've had the 'I'm tired' excuses and I've had such fab Ov signs and postive OPK's for 2 days!! I never tell him when it's a 'good time' but I felt like ramming my test down his throat over the weekend - arrrrrrggggghhhhhhhhhh!!!!!:gun: What a TWW I'm going to have now! Never mind, at least I can wack into the wine with out a ? hanging over me. Throw some calmer my way when you can :flower:xXx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->