Poll: Are you finding out the sex of your baby?

Wishing89

Mama to one beautiful DS
Reaction score
Hey ladies. Not 100% decided if we will find out this time. We had a surprise with DS and loved it. I don't really have a preference at all for either a boy or girl but just wondering how many of you are finding out and how many are having a surprise? :)

I love surprises, so we will be waiting :)

We didn't with #1 and it was lovely to find out at the birth.

I did with #2 (husband didn't) and that was also great: really helped me to bond.

We won't with #3 since the surprise is so much fun.

I am undecided. We found out gender with my other 2 children. We have one of each, boy and girl. Gender doesn't matter to us as long as baby is healthy. While it would be nice to know and be able to plan, the surprise of finding out at the end would be pretty cool. Especially with this being our final baby. So we will see!

I did not find out the gender with my other 3 and I do not plan to find out this time around either. My favourite part of the birth was to hear DH announce what we had :)

We will find out, then throw a party for the family to reveal the gender to them. My sister had a gender reveal party a few weeks ago. They had to wait a day to find out at the party. Her best friend was the only one that knew, so when they opened the box of balloons, pink ones flew out. It was pretty fun :) While I like the idea, hubby and I have decided we just don't want to wait, especially since we don't know when the party would be!

We will be finding out, I want to plan out baby's nursery and I believe MIL is more anxious to know the gender than we are:haha: Plus I would like to have baby's name picked and feel more bonded.

I'm so impatient. I have to find out. I think dh would be happy to wait but I can't do it. We had a 3d scan done with our son to find out and dh really loved that experience. (I did too, of course <3) We are really looking forward to doing it again this time. No gender preference, really, I just need to know. Haha! Also, like a pp said, it's nice to pick out the baby's name and bond that way too. :)

I'm horrid about surprises so I had to find out. Plus I wanted to buy some really gender specific stuff and I couldn't if I didn't know what I was having. Plus I think it really helped hubby, before we found out he wasn't as into it as he is now that he knows the gender :)

I can't wait to find out :) I want to be able to decorate and to buy everything I need before LO is born, in a gender specific pattern/color. Plus I am not very good at being patient. I was even planning on waiting until after first ultrasound to tell anyone we were expecting, but I couldn't and already told my family. I would go insane waiting to know what we are having.

I can't wait, we're having a private scan at 16 weeks to find out I'm just too impatient, I think OH would happily wait til birth but I can't :haha:

I haven't asked OH his opinion yet, but I want to find out this time and savour every detail.

I want it to be a surprise, unless I receive genetic tests and they can tell me with 100% certainty.

One of my friends is pregnant and they told her that they are 75% sure it's a girl. That's too much uncertainty for me, and I would hate to have a strong preference and end up disappointed.

We decided to find out. I had fetal DNA testing done with this pregnancy, and we found out it's a girl.

I found out via ultrasound with my others.

Not sure yet. We had a surprise with our daughter and it was lovely. This time I thought I wanted to know so we can buy pink or blue things, you see some really cute gender specific newborn things around and it'd be nice to buy them.
Also if we find out, it will make name picking a bit easier! It was hard enough picking one.
But then I read some comments on here and I do remember how nice the suprise is at the end :)
Will it feel different at the end if I find out now? I hope not because we are leaning towards finding out this time xx

me & OH arent gonna find out, but my mum is gonna come with us to the 20week scan and she will find out & then suprise us a few weeks before bubs is due, just so we have some sort of suprise, cause i couldnt not know, but i like the idea of my mum being the one to tell me than some stranger in a hospital :) ..

all the best ladies <3

I found out with my last two so will find out this time. I am excited to see if all my 4 year olds predictions come true!

We found out with my first two, and so I will be excited for a surprise. My pregnancies were so similar, as were my deliveries. Both girls were born 39w1d within 15 minutes of 5 am. So, I just wanted to mix it up a bit! I need something different!

OH wants to find out, I'm not really fussed what we have so longs all is healthy and well. We will be finding out though as OH really wants to. It wouldn't work with him knowing and me not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->