popular or unpopular . . . what's worse?

I like uncommon names more. If we ever did have another I would use the name Leroy for a boy :)

I've never met another Poppy since having ours so i guess it depends on your area. Also not another Freya. I don't really know what i like really we just chose names that 'feel' right. Our next will be called Eden which is a bit more obscure i guess. I love Quinn but hubby doesn't because its too obscure for him. I would say were in the middle haha. I like all the Evie's Elsea's but there too popular for me to choose for our child.

I've never really thought about it tbh, if I like a name then I like it :shrug: My LO's names aren't unpopular but they aren't popular either. I almost had Jack for a boy (it's now his middle name) which is pretty popular.

I like names that are in between! While I didn't want there to be 5 kids with the same name in my boys' class at school, I also didn't want them having to go through life spelling their names umpteen times a day. We settled on a happy medium. So far we haven't met any other Vincents and only one other child plus a dog named Harvey.

I honestly think it depends on the name. I like names people can easily say and spell without any help!! :) I dont think a popular name makes someone less of a individual. My Ruby always gets told how beautiful her name is :)

My lo has a fairly unusual name but its not out there. Its a traditional name, we have met 2 others but in different area to where we live. Her name is josephine which we shorten to josie, for this baby i think all the names we like are top 100. I wouldent go for really popular as i think it can sometimes date a name and also i know from being a teacher the child will always have their surname initual added and asseblys and handing out rewards also cause confusion. We go with what we like

I prefer slightly unpopular or at least a different spelling.

Mine are Hollie, Jackson and Kaiden. The oldest 2 are at school and no one in their year has the same name.

I think that people where I am (because obviously name trends are different else where) would think of my children's names as uncommon but not waaaay out there (although I guess Honey is debatable).

Morgan I've met one girl many years ago and one boy (he was born exactly a year my M and because she liked his name). My oldest daughter is Naomi and I've met a couple in my whole life but much younger years. Honey I've never met another. Never met a Kaysie aside from there is a boy one at there school. And I've never met a girl Riley.

I don't really think about it.

I like names for the name, the popularity doesn't bother me. I love Jack, Tyler, Emily which are really common.

After River though we went for a theme which meant the more common names didn't really go.

We just chose names we liked. Hannah is of course popular and Rhys is not on this side of the world. We get some really strange looks and pronunciations for his name actually :rofl:

I haven't voted, I love Violet and Thora though. Violet and Shelbie were our choices if Rory had been a girl. We also have Florence xx

I think that people where I am (because obviously name trends are different else where) would think of my children's names as uncommon but not waaaay out there (although I guess Honey is debatable).

Morgan I've met one girl many years ago and one boy (he was born exactly a year my M and because she liked his name). My oldest daughter is Naomi and I've met a couple in my whole life but much younger years. Honey I've never met another. Never met a Kaysie aside from there is a boy one at there school. And I've never met a girl Riley.

My besties little sister is called Honey! It's beautiful xx

I dont think it matters tbh! If you like a name, why not use it? x

My besties little sister is called Honey! It's beautiful xx

I have met a little girl called Honey as well, it's so sweet!

What I don't understand is people who like a name but don't pick it coz it's popular.. Why not? If u like it go for it. Ethan is somewhat popular and I'm certain Alexander is growing but we liked them.
I don't like unusual names for the sake of it.. People who try really hard to have an individual spelling if a name just donuts different.
The name has to b fit for life, not just to sound nice or look different.

There's a world of difference between uncommon and obscure names. When I have a child, I won't care whether the name is popular or uncommon. It will be something I like and which will suit the child when they grow up and become an adult. Obscure names (like Blue Ivy someone mentioned previously) I really don't see the point of (the Blue part, not the Ivy part). Some of the names celebrities call their kids are ridiculous and I feel quite sorry for their children. When people give their children names with alternative spellings, I feel sorry for the child as they will always have to spell their name/get post etc with it written wrong, and having to spell my name/getting post/cards etc with it written wrong annoys me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->