Porridge

Discussion in 'Weaning & Nutrition' started by krissie1234uk, Aug 20, 2009.

1. krissie1234uk

I was wondering this morning as I finished a packet of baby porridge after only a few days, can I buy adult porridge for Dylan? Like the porridge oats, cook them in milk and then add some fruit etc for him? He is over 6 months now.

2. Yeah you can do that. I dont bother with baby cereals I just buy normal ones but always check the sugar/salt content. Thats the only thing to watch.

3. Hevz

Hevz 4 beautiful children

Also the oats can be a little too lumpy just yet I would try mixing a few porridge oats with baby porridge 1st to get bubs used to it.

You can get baby Organix porridge and food from poundland and you only need a small amount as it swells tonnes:wacko:

4. helen1234

helen1234 Well-Known Member

what bout ready brek what age can that be given? £1 something compared £2 something cow n gate porridge.

sorry to hijack

x

5. Sophie1205

Sophie1205 Mum to 1 and WTT

ready brek is as of 6 months (HV told me) :) i buy that now because its so much cheaper. x

6. krissie1234uk

Oh thats great! Saves time too, rather than making two breakfasts we can share hehe.

7. elm

elm Mama

I just give Elliot normal porridge oats made with water (it tastes alot better than I thought it would made with water). I stuck an over ripe banana in the other day, dp ate most of it :lol: x