positive influences

TattieHattie

TattieMum2Be
Reaction score
Hi all.
I'm currently doing a research/debate for my college work.
I want to get an idea of all the positive influences media brought to you as a child. Books, films, newspapers, television. Any type of media, preferably from anything before 2004?

I have a few listed influences already and google isn't much help.
Just the positive please or neutral.
TIA x

Erm.... I was born in 1991 and I'm struggling to think of any positive influences. I read a lot as a child/ pre teen and I think J.K Rowling could be seen as a positive influence on me. Harry Potter opened up my mind and imagination to things I'd never thought about before.

I'm stuck for others but will have a think!

Nice to see you post again, hope you, the kids and your mum are well!

Thank you! How on earth did I forget Harry potter!!
We are all well thank you, I haven't had a computer for 2 years now! Kindle fire and my phone will do! I miss being on here. How are you and the kids? X

Might be silly but the Animaniacs cartoons. mixed in with the wackiness was a lot of educational stuff - songs about the presidents, the state capitals and more. One of the "learning can be fun" things.

Also, Sailor Moon, which even as an adult I still love. It showcased strong ideals about friendship, having confidence in yourself and standing up for what's right.

I know loads of people hate her but I adored Konnie Huq when she was on Blue Peter. In fact the whole cast circa 1999ish! Also Jaqueline Wilson. I was really in to her books when I was about 7 and they were great for giving kids a view of how life is for other people. And all of the female Gladiators contestants :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->