positive opk @ 8dpo...HELP!!!

yes he is coming back in august and he is going to japan and a few other places.

Just popping in... nothing interesting going on here. Obviously AF was normal-ish and was 6 days plus 1 day spotting at the end. I took my last Soy pills last night. I haven't been temping at consistent times since it is so early in my cycle, but I'll have to jump back into setting my alarm to temp. I really hope my body cooperates, but we'll see what happens. I already told DH we need to up the BDing this month :winkwink:. Of course if this cycle drags out, it's hard to keep that up. :wacko:

How are all you ladies doing? I just found out another person I know is preggers. Of course she's only been dating this BF for about 3 months and is 7 weeks pregnant on accident. Already has a 5.5 yr old whose dad has never been around and she lives with her parents. :nope:

Oh and then there's the clerk at Dollar Tree last night who wanted to comment about me buying OPKs because I'm "in there all the time"... even though in my nearly 90 day cycle last time I bought maybe 4-6 opks which meant 2-3 times in there in 3 months... seriously lady? :growlmad: Oh and the last time I was in there the same lady wanted to comment how her friend home schools and she thinks she should put her daughter in regular school for socialization- AFTER I just told her that I home school. So this lady apparently has an opinion about everything, though she was nice enough to tell me that they make apps to track your ovulation and that they're very accurate. <insert eye roll here>. I did tell her that those only work if you have a regular cycle, which I don't. People can drive me crazy.:wacko:

Sorry to hear that l.e. She sounds like a lot of people I know! Found out one of my friends is going to be a daddy. That was shocking

Yep it's hard to see everyone getting pregnant when I'm going on 12 years of marriage and can't even have a normal cycle. I'm super-thankful for DS, but it's hard not to question the fairness of it all.

So nothing new around here. I took an opk yesterday and today and both were very negative, but that's to be expected. I'm only CD11. This cycle is already feeling long lol. You'd think after some these crazy long cycles (and anovulatory times) I've had, I'd be used to it, but it's never very easy to wait...and wait... and wait... LOL.

I feel the same hun, although I think my longest has been 56 days long its really hard to wait every cycle out, every time hoping that I will ovulate at a normal time!

CD14 for me today and the elusive egg is still being, well... elusive!

FRER is First Response Early Result pregnancy test.

I got my peak this morning :) I really wasn't ecpecting it! so soy has brought my ov forward by 6 days in comparison to last month :happydance:

Yay! I don't remember you saying you were doing Soy. Was this your first month and how much did you take?

No, I've taken it quite a few times DS is a soy baby :)

I took it last cycle too and it made no difference at all, I still oved on cd21 so in my frustration I did 150 mg cd 3-6 and 200mg cd7 :)

So you O on your own all the time?

I took 200 mg on day 4, skipped day 5, then took 210 mg (different brand) CD6,7,8,9. I was pleasantly surprised that my opks have been light because I sometimes have issues with getting a lot of dark opks. Yesterday's OPK was darker, though I did have a good hold... but the others *TMI* looked plenty concentrated, so they should've been fine too. Maybe later I'll post some opk progression pics, though there isn't much to see- no positives yet. I'm hoping to get positives and O soon, though I know that may not happen. I would seriously be doing a happy dance if that were to happen, though. I've only O'd 4 times now since DS was born 7 yrs ago, and the earliest was about CD25... so yea that day or sooner would make me soooo happy!

On all the cycles I've tracked I have ov'd on my own eventually yeah.

Woah is it your first time taking soy? you may find that you have a very very strong ovulation on that dose.

With ds I took soy 1-5 and went from 100mg up to 200mg gradually through the days. I ov'd on cd 11. I tried that last cycle and it did nothing!

This time woooowzers the ovulation pain was strong, I woke at 4 am yesterday morning and I had right side pain, I went back to sleep and when I got up in the morning the pain was near to unbearable :-/ that eased after about an hour but I was in pain all day right up until about 10 last night.
I did regret taking that much but only for a bit :winkwink:

Well I tried soy 2 times but both were during a cycle where it wasn't going to work. The first time I started it at CD88 to see if it would induce O, and it didn't... but a few days later I thought I got AF, so I started it again on "CD4" but it wasn't a real AF, it was my anovulatory bleeding... so the chances of it working either time was slim to none. I believe I ranged from 120mg-200mg those two times.

I have also taken Clomid once. The dosage was 50 mg and I didn't O til about CD40... so I don't know if the Clomid gets the credit for that or not.

Well I take Metformin (PCOS w/ insulin resistance) and Levothyroxine (hypothyroidism), Mega doses of (50,000 iui) of Vitamin D every 3 days because I'm very deficient, 3 iron pills for anemia (I don't always take these every day) and Vitamin C to help me absorb the iron. The doc at the Vitamin Store where I got the Soy also said Vitamin C would help me absorb the Soy.

Ooo I didn't realise vit c helped the soy! interesting.

Have you looked into maybe taking co enzyme q10 too? it helps egg quality :thumbup:

Hmm I had never heard of that, so I just read about it a little. I may consider it, though I don't know that I have a problem with egg quality per se. It's the ovulating in general that's the problem. I'm thinking of either trying Clomid this spring, or getting a full-body acupuncture evaluation with follow-up acupuncture treatments.

MzSwizz.... How are things going? You should be about 7 dpo now. Anything interesting happening? Hope you're doing okay with DH gone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->