POSITIVE OPK on CD21!!! Help Please!!

37Hopeful

Reaction score
I just got a positive OPK- VERY positive. It's CD21- I thought I ovulated around CD12/CD13 but DID NOT get a positive then. I had more EWCM then, and it is scant now. My Sperm Donor is 3 hours away- SHOULD I GO MEET HIM? I am so confused!! This is my 2nd cycle of Clomid 5-9 50mg.
HELP PLEASE!!! I don't want to miss this month!!

I have heard of people getting a positive OPK right before a positive HPT. Could I be pregnant?

Should I take a pregnancy test AND another OPK in a couple hours?

Sorry I am no use on this one :hugs:

Hope someone can give you an answer :hugs:

Hey it can never hurt to take a HPT, certainly cheaper and quicker than driving 3 hours to meet your sperm donor. Good luck!

37, it is very possible that your body tried to OV earlier and didn't; with your weight issues it is even more of a possibility. EWCM is an indicator of OV, but not the definitive. Just like it can be cloudy outside, but not rain.

As far as a positive OPK being used as an HPT; you would pick up pregnancy first on an HOT, as the levels of HCG that an OPK might pick up are higher. My guess is if you did OV the days you thought you did, you would not be far enough along in early pregnancy for an OPK to pick it up.

FX'd!

Honey make the drive!!! Dont take the risk of missing out!

That would possibly make you 9 dpo and its quite possible that it is picking up HCG.. I would test first then if NEG head out to your donor, you don't want to miss the chance as the others said!

37, it is very possible that your body tried to OV earlier and didn't; with your weight issues it is even more of a possibility. EWCM is an indicator of OV, but not the definitive. Just like it can be cloudy outside, but not rain.

As far as a positive OPK being used as an HPT; you would pick up pregnancy first on an HOT, as the levels of HCG that an OPK might pick up are higher. My guess is if you did OV the days you thought you did, you would not be far enough along in early pregnancy for an OPK to pick it up.

FX'd!

You're right about the HPT Dmom. I don't want to risk it. Last month I didn't get a positive OPK until CD19. It was my first time using them so I thought it was wrong & I stopped BDing the day before. I know.....I know...stupid move! Perhaps I O late on Clomid- I am not going to risk it this month. SDD (Sperm Donor Daddy) is on his way. You think we'll be ok if we BD tonight & early tomorrow morning? Should we continue through Wednesday?

FX'd!

You're right about the HPT Dmom. I don't want to risk it. Last month I didn't get a positive OPK until CD19. It was my first time using them so I thought it was wrong & I stopped BDing the day before. I know.....I know...stupid move! Perhaps I O late on Clomid- I am not going to risk it this month. SDD (Sperm Donor Daddy) is on his way. You think we'll be ok if we BD tonight & early tomorrow morning? Should we continue through Wednesday?

If you got the pos OPK on CD19 last cycle, then you are in the right time frame this month. Clomid didn't make me OV later, but I did get an extra day on my LP and I dried up like a raisin.

I think your BD schedule sounds great; I was going to ask you if you were home inseminating, but you just answered my question, lol. Do you temp? I think you need to confirm your O and track your LP.

37, it is very possible that your body tried
me OV later, but I did get an extra day on my LP and I dried up like a raisin.

I think your BD schedule sounds great; I was going to ask you if you were home inseminating, but you just answered my question, lol. Do you temp? I think you need to confirm your O and track your LP.

LOL....Yes, home inseminating! It certainly is more affordable that way! My insurance does not cover the Clomid or the exams etc. Have you used Preseed to help with the CM issue? I purchased "Instead" softcups so should I give those a try as well? Once insemination has taken place I presume!

37, it is very possible that your body tried
me OV later, but I did get an extra day on my LP and I dried up like a raisin.

LOL....Yes, home inseminating! It certainly is more affordable that way! My insurance does not cover the Clomid or the exams etc. Have you used Preseed to help with the CM issue? I purchased "Instead" softcups so should I give those a try as well? Once insemination has taken place I presume!

I got Clomid for $9 at Walmart...Walgreens was the most expensive at $21. I would probably put a little preseed in the softcup and wear it overnight. I did use preseed, but I am not a fan. I was able to help my CM by increasing my B6 to 100mg. I also switched to Tamoxifen and had EWCM for the first time, lol. Are you sure about the quality of your donor's stuff? lol

Yes....definitely DTD...tonight, and the next 2 nights, if possible...GL!

I got Clomid for $9 at Walmart...Walgreens was the most expensive at $21. I would probably put a little preseed in the softcup and wear it overnight. I did use preseed, but I am not a fan. I was able to help my CM by increasing my B6 to 100mg. I also switched to Tamoxifen and had EWCM for the first time, lol. Are you sure about the quality of your donor's stuff? lol[/QUOTE]

WOW! I paid $50 x2 months for Clomid. RE: Sperm Quality? He went to get his sperm tested on July 12th & we are STILL waiting for the results. I guess the nurse at the fertility clinic questioned why he was donating to a 37 year old Lesbian woman. It's really none of her business- he is an adult & very capable of making decisions. He has been wanting to donate to me for 3 years.

Should I put Preeseed in the cup or egg whites? Personally, I am a fan of more natural substances. I noticed Preseed has some chemicals in it.

I got Clomid for $9 at Walmart...Walgreens was the most expensive at $21. I would probably put a little preseed in the softcup and wear it overnight. I did use preseed, but I am not a fan. I was able to help my CM by increasing my B6 to 100mg. I also switched to Tamoxifen and had EWCM for the first time, lol. Are you sure about the quality of your donor's stuff? lol

WOW! I paid $50 x2 months for Clomid. RE: Sperm Quality? He went to get his sperm tested on July 12th & we are STILL waiting for the results. I guess the nurse at the fertility clinic questioned why he was donating to a 37 year old Lesbian woman. It's really none of her business- he is an adult & very capable of making decisions. He has been wanting to donate to me for 3 years.

Should I put Preeseed in the cup or egg whites? Personally, I am a fan of more natural substances. I noticed Preseed has some chemicals in it.[/QUOTE]

IDK anything about the egg whites, I have only read about it...but IMHO opinion, food up the cooter= infection, lol.

I have only read about it...but IMHO opinion, food up the cooter= infection, lol.[/QUOTE]

I know a lot of people who find the egg white idea strange....but it's what they use to preserve sperm. I find (for me) the risk of infection is higher with a product containing propylparaben. However, I have used Preseed this month & found it to be helpful. Especially when "BD" for me means "TB.......or turkey baster!" It is far more convenient than egg whites, as they do take some prep.

U don't really use a turkey baster, do u? Just curious....

LOL, she probably does. I've heard of that before and heard of it working too! Anything is possible. Would you believe that the last time I got pregnant we didn't even have actual sex? More of an "around the rim" kind of thing lol :blush: and yet, I got pregnant like that.

Sadly I had an early mc. This month we BD PLENTY and I didn't get pregnant so go figure! :shrug:

It's actually called a "Flavor Enhancer" but yes.....essentially it is a kitchen utensil that is designed to "baste" poultry or other meat. It actually looks like a large syringe. That should be my profile pic on this forum!! hehe....everyone will know it is 37Hopeful when they see it.

Not to get off ttc topic & turn this into a gay forum, but I don't dislike sex with men (although, I prefer not to!!). I just find a deeper emotional connection to women. (And.....I prefer the same sex when it comes to intimacy). Men don't "do it" for me......

It's actually called a "Flavor Enhancer" but yes.....essentially it is a kitchen utensil that is designed to "baste" poultry or other meat. It actually looks like a large syringe. That should be my profile pic on this forum!! hehe....everyone will know it is 37Hopeful when they see it.

Not to get off ttc topic & turn this into a gay forum, but I don't dislike sex with men (although, I prefer not to!!). I just find a deeper emotional connection to women. (And.....I prefer the same sex when it comes to intimacy). Men don't "do it" for me......

Ummm, I think this means your gay, lol.

Ummm, I think this means your gay, lol.

I think she knows she's gay lol. And no worries 37, all are welcome here. It's all about what makes you happy. If you are happy we are happy for you! :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->