Positive OPK Result???

Lilmissjo

Reaction score
Hi ladies, i am really confused!

I have been doing OPKs since day 14 (i usually have a 33/35 day cycle but thought i would start testing early as you never know!). Anyway i'm not sure if day 20 is a positive OPK? It was done at 9pm on a Friday night. It isn't as dark as the control line, and the one i done after that, about 12pm Saturday afternoon, didn't show anything at all. The test before the one in question was done at 8pm on the Thursday night, so a whole 25 hours before, again this didn't show anything.

What do you all think?

Also, i've attached another pic up to day 23, is it common that positives do fade back to negatives?

Any help would be much appreciated!!

Attachments

• IMG_2762.JPG
    IMG_2762.JPG
    63.4 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2807.JPG
    IMG_2807.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 8
It is normal to get a positive, and then have turn back to negative, that is what it should do, in fact.

The first picture of your CD 20 looks almost positive, but honestly, not quite. I don't know, these tests are so tricky. Considering the pattern, if I were you, I would call CD 20ovulation day tenatively, but if you continue to have any symptoms, keep doing OPKs. You might really want to try and use other methods along with OPKs to confirm ovulation. Good luck to you!

I want to add that after looking again, I think you might still be gearing up to ovulate. Do you have any CM changes? I would keep testing if I were you, it might still be coming.

To be honest I always thought I ovulated the week before my period but after reading some bits about luteal phase etc I didn't think it was 'the right time'.

I haven't been testing my basal temp or checking my CM but if I don't get a positive reading this month (I'm due on betwen Thurs 24- Sat 26th), I'll be using the clearblue digital. These seem a bit complicated!

Would it be possible that I missed the surge as the test was 9pm Thurs, the one before that Thurs 8pm? I had been testing twice a day (about 1pm and 8pm) but Thursdays and Fridays I work so can only do evenings! I read on a site with a 35 day cycle ovulating usually occurs between day 19-21!

It is possible that you missed the surge, it is also possible that you just ovulate later like you thought, and have a short luteal phase. Clearblue digital can be a pain when you ovulate late, so give it a go, but be prepared for a lot of "high" days before your peak! Personally, I find that CM is the best indicator. But, I have pretty obvious CM changes and I know that isn't true for everyone.

I hope it works for you though and you get your BFP this cycle so you don't have to fuss with this again!! :dust:

Thank you! I've just done the first of todays (day 24) and the line is a lot darker than a negative but not as dark as day 20.

I'm hoping I missed the surge on day 20 as I took it as a positive and me and hubby were at it like rabbits over the weekend!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->