Positive pregnancy test but I had a hysteroscopy last week

Nat85

Reaction score
Hi
I am new to the forum and am after some advice as I can't seem to find any online.
I have been ttc for 3 years, had one miscarriage and am a month off starting ivf following hycosy, hysteroscopy etc.
My last period started 13th jan and I had a hysteroscopy on 5th feb. They tested me at hospital and it was negative (4days before period due).
I had procedure and then my period was late. I assumed no biggy but today (5days late) I did a test and it's positive!!!
I don't want to get too excited though as guessing this just isn't possible after a hysteroscopy as I would have been pregnant when this happened. No chance I have conceived since then (hubby been away! Even if I was late ovulating!)
So... I guess I'm asking if anyone knows anything about this and could advise? I just can't see how a v early pregnancy could survive a hysteroscopy!! I have left answerphone for hospital to call me but I'm impatient!!!!!
Any advice soooo appreciated as will not sleep tonight!!!
Thanks x x

Hi,

Sorry I can't give you much advice. I hope you get some answers, especially from the hospital as that's probably your best port of call.

I'm not fully aware of what happens during the procedure, but did they just look in your womb or did they do anything else?

Best of luck x

Hi
Thank you for your reply Hun. From what I understand (I'm so squeamish I couldn't have them tell me what they were doing!!!!) but they filled womb with liquid to open it up and had a look inside with a small camera then they scratched the lining of womb a little which is meant to help the ivf. Fingers crossed the hosp advise!!!
Thank u x

I see. It sounds quite evasive. How strong was your positive test result? Your egg may of well implanted and kept out of harms way. I hope so xxx They may want to do an early scan or do bloods to see if it is progressing normally. I'm going to keep my fingers crossed for you hun and hope that you get a positive outcome.

How long do you have to wait before you can talk to the hospital?

Hiya, the hysteroscopy was horrible!! But im a bit of a baby tbh!! The line on test is quite strong (as strong as the test panel) last time I was pregnant it was a v faint line and it's much stronger than that. You are right it could have burrowed and kept safe! I'm trying hard not to get too excited! I'm hoping the hosp will call me tomorrow (I left message saying it was urgent like a right drama queen!! Ha ha!!thank you xxxxx

I don't blame you Hun, I'd of been on the phone going nuts and demanding help lol

The pg test sounds good tho :) fingers crossed for u xxx

Hmm, maybe baby implanted late? Or implanted early and was well burrowed in tightly to be safe during the procedure. I'd love to hear the outcome! And I'm thinking it'll be a good one =)

Good luck hun, let us know how you get and post some test pictures for us <3 x x

Help please! I had a hysto and septum removed last Friday the 24th. My period was due the same day but now I am five days late. I've done an ovulation test (apparently they also show preg) and it's a clear positive. I'm feeling really scared and guilty right now! My husband has asked me to wait until I get home from work to do a preg test but I'm freaking out. Can you tell me how you went and if the preg was successful. Sorry and thank you!

Hi
I am new to the forum and am after some advice as I can't seem to find any online.
I have been ttc for 3 years, had one miscarriage and am a month off starting ivf following hycosy, hysteroscopy etc.
My last period started 13th jan and I had a hysteroscopy on 5th feb. They tested me at hospital and it was negative (4days before period due).
I had procedure and then my period was late. I assumed no biggy but today (5days late) I did a test and it's positive!!!
I don't want to get too excited though as guessing this just isn't possible after a hysteroscopy as I would have been pregnant when this happened. No chance I have conceived since then (hubby been away! Even if I was late ovulating!)
So... I guess I'm asking if anyone knows anything about this and could advise? I just can't see how a v early pregnancy could survive a hysteroscopy!! I have left answerphone for hospital to call me but I'm impatient!!!!!
Thanks x x

Wouldnt trust a ovulation test for positive until you see a positive pregnancy test. Hope you get what you wishing for.

Would like to know what happened with your pregnancy dearest.
I have also just discovered that I am pregnant and I had my hysterioscopy 2 days after conception. Right now I'm am 4 weeks pregnant and have no pregnant symptoms.

Hi
Can I ask what happened with your pregnancy? I too had a Hyst last week and I've just done a CB preg test that's confirm I'm two weeks , so scared.

Hi
Thanks x x

Would like to know what happened with your pregnancy dearest.
I have also just discovered that I am pregnant and I had my hysterioscopy 2 days after conception. Right now I'm am 4 weeks pregnant and have no pregnant symptoms.

Hi
Can I ask what happened with your pregnancy ? I had the operation last week & I've just done a CB test and I'm two weeks, so scared

Hi
Thanks x x

Was there any update on the outcome. I am terrified that I am in the same situation!

Hi
Can I ask what happened with your pregnancy? I too had a Hyst last week and I've just done a CB preg test that's confirm I'm two weeks , so scared.

Hi,
Just wondering if you have an update. I am afraid that I am in a similar situation and am terrified.
Thanks

Hi,
Just wondering if you have an update. I am afraid that I am in a similar situation and am terrified.
Thanks

The original poster of this thread has not been back online here in many years.
I would recommend starting your own thread and hopefully you will get some answers soon. Good luck :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->