Positive Test UPDATED 15/09/09

Dory85

Reaction score
I'm on the mini pill (cerazette) and have been for a few years now. About a week and a half ago I had a full period (or withdrawal bleed, whatever) for about 5 days which never happens (I simply don't get a period). Since then I've had bloody discharge (sorry, tmi). My friend had something similar a couple of years ago, turned out to be cervical cancer and she passed away at 27 last year so I researched on the internet straight away. I looked up on the internet and everywhere said it was unlikely but to take a pregnancy test.

I just tested with a predictor hpt and within 10 seconds it was showing positive. Is there any way this could be wrong!? I keep joking with my boyfriend that I want a baby but no way do I want on if he's not ready, and we're not married yet, and I'm starting nurse training in January!!

I've kept the test in case it changes (yes, I'm delusional) but since taking it the line has just got darker. I took a photo but because I'm freaking out, I can't find my camera cable to upload it. I took one on my phone too but it's not very good, will upload it anyway.

I don't want to tell my boyfriend anything yet in case he suspects I've done it on purpose. Can it be wrong? Everywhere says it's very unlikely to get a wrong positive result. Also, because I don't have real periods on my pill I have no idea, if I am, how pregnant I am. I don't FEEL pregnant. God, I hope I'm not, I don't know what I would do.

Please tell me it can be wrong!!

*****UPDATED 15/09/09*****

Ok so, so far today I've had no more bleeding. This can mean one of two things. Either I am pregnant and my period has well and truly come to an end for the time being. Or, GOD KNOWS what was going on, I had a false positive somehow, a negative and now it's settling (chemical pregnancy?). I think I have decided anyway; reckon I'll leave it a week and then if no more bleeding test again. If it's positive, go to the doctors, if it's negative, just carry on as normal. However, if I am still having trouble with bleeding in a weeks time, I will be straight to the doctors irrelevant of a positive test!!

Sound like a plan??

Attachments

• DSC00275.jpg
    DSC00275.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 95
Nope that's a positive honey and predictor aren't sensitive so don't normally show up early either.

Congratulations and hopefully you will work it all out.

X

Thats a def positive sweetie. Hope it all works out for you.:hugs:

I was on that pill and it messed me around so much i stopped it... anyway thats a BFP congrats hun x

That is definitely a positive test. Don't stress too much, it will all work out. Nursing training can be worked around and your boyfriend will understand. I got pregnant on the pill (a high dosage too, with no screwups), it does happen. Get to a doctor, stop taking the pill and don't panic :) and Congratulations :)

Agree with the other ladies hun, it's deffo a positive ... hope you can sort everything out xxx

I know you're all saying it's deifinitely positive but what are the chances that it's not. I mean, with me spotting and recently having had bleeding in place of my period, or can that happen? I have no other symptoms.

I know the real answer is to go out and buy a better test but I know even if that shows positive I won't believe it. Things like this do not happen to me, I am never the anomaly.

What's all this about "chemical pregnancies" I've been reading on the internet?? Isn't that like a REALLY early miscarriage? Does that sound more reasonable with the bleeding etc.

I know I'm doubting what is clearly there in front of me, but I can't get my head round this. It's so unexpected!!

False positives are very rare!

With the bleeding it could mean that the pregnancy isn't goiing to stick, but then again lots of people have bleeding and go on to have perfectly normal pregnancies.

Go see your doctor, hopefully they will do blood tests for you!

Ok, story time. I had been on the pill for a long time. One cycle I got a period-esque bleed a week or two before my expected period. It was 3 days heavyish then stopped. So then when the AF time came, I felt weird because that had never happened before. I took a test (I usually start within two days of stopping the active pills) around the first day and the line popped up immediately. after all was said and done, it had turned out that I was pregnant and taken the pill pretty much all month (I was further along than expected). So it is possible it is real and it's going to stick. See a doctor and go from there and good luck!

Definitely a positive. I got pregnant on the mini pill too so know what you are going through, we wernt actually trying either but has all worked out ok for us, fingers crossed it does for you too! xx

I agree, it deffo looks positive!!
Pop along & see your doctor who can confirm it with bloodwork & an early scan.

Good luck! :) xxx

Aw it looks like a clear positive to me. I know how stressed you must be as I just found out I am pregnant unexpectedly, but all I can suggest is to try and keep calm and take another test/ see a doctor. Good luck and congratulations sweetie xx

Have you ever taken a pregnancy test before? I have a friend that just naturally has a higher ammount of hcg in her system all the time. Every pregnancy test she takes is positive whether she's pregnant or not. Very rare, but it does happen.

its definitely a positive hun! i got pregnant on the pill too... good luck xx

OK, so I hear what everyone is saying but I have a strong case of denial here (I think it's the bleeding that does it). I know I need to go to the doctors anyway cos the situation is either

a) I'm pregnant and bleeding slightly OR
b) I had a peiriod when I don't usually and I'm still bleedling very lightly after almost 2 weeks now

but first I think I'm going to get a digital test. Might be able to get it today because I think I have to do shopping for one of my service user's but we will see. I've pretty much convinced myself, you see, that I did something wrong with the test to make it positive (lol, I know, I said I was in denial)!!

After waking up this morning (still too scared to tell my boyfriend, will prob tell him after doing the digital) it doesn't seem as bad as I first though, but I was in shock. Still it's not an ideal situation.

Anyway, got to go as I can hear OH's alarm going off, lol!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->