Positive test!

Fadetoblack

Reaction score
Got a postive pregnancy test this morning! After ttc for baby for 6 months. Will make a doctors appointment Monday morning.

Now i am paranoid about the deli meats and fish I ate this week being harmful.

Or does these food not become a problem until a few more weeks?

Congratulations! Which country are you from? Guidelines re food vary by country. Most fish is perfectly fine - if you're in the UK the NHS website is helpful. I'm sure everything is just fine.

I'm sure you're probably fine! I'd just avoid them from here on out if you're concerned ;) congrats!

I'm sure you're fine. Only high mercury fish need to be avoided, the rest just limit a bit.

And most deli meat is fine, as long as it was cooked properly. I feel like most places I normally go aren't going to have listeria.

And congrats!

You're not supposed to eat a lot of fish because of the mercury but you can eat some, it's loaded with nutrients that are good for pregnancy. I was told not to eat more than 3 servings a week. I think the deli meat is only a risk because of food poisoning, which you're more prone to during pregnancy, it doesn't pose a direct risk to your baby. If you eat deli meat fry it up in a pan or something to kill any bacteria and rinse your veggies well, no raw meat or eggs, cook your food all the way through.

Thanks

Ok so what is my next step! I am only 10 days past ovulation. Should I call the doctor Monday (12dpo). Or is that to early and wait another week?

Also continue my prenatal vitamin?

Thanks guys, first time with this hoping it's a sticky one !

Congratulations!! I also found out yesterday that I'm pregnant, with my second. So excited.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->