Positive, then negative, then... what?

Lily87

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
new member here!

This is the first month that my husband and I have really been TTC.

According to FF, I ovulated much later than usual - 8 days ago - but I'm not sure that is correct, because this month my temps and CM have been very erratic.

So yesterday I took a pregnancy test anyway, because, based on the average length of my cycles, AF should be coming any day now, and I've been cramping a lot - as well as having some strange symptoms that are not usually part of my PMS.

It was a pink dye test. At first it looked negative. Then, after 15-20 minutes, another faint pink line appeared. I thought it might be an evap. But when I went to throw the test after a couple of hours, this line was much more visible and distinctly pink - just like an unmistakable positive would look like.

However, since the line appeared so late, I decided to retest today with the first morning urine. Negative.

I tried again today late in the afternoon, at the same time I tried yesterday (different brand, blue dye test). Negative again.

I've been cramping and feeling horrible tonight and today, but no AF yet.

Might it just have been too early?
Could the first "positive" have been an evap even if it was so perfectly pink?
Could it have been a chemical pregnancy?

Has anyone been in a similar situation?
Thanks a lot for the help!

Yep!! Exact same thing happened to me on December 18th woke up to a distinctly positive test. There was nothing at the 3minute mark so I put it away and woke up to a positive test. I've heard some evaps can be pink. I'm currently on cd37.....still waiting for answers :( you are still super early tho if you o'd only 8 days ago.

This was mine

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 49
Thank you for your reply (and for reading through it all, I've just realized how long that post was :D)

Unfortunately, I can't post a pic of mine, my husband took the thrash out before I posted. It looked just like yours when I first noticed the line, then it became more and more defined.

I really hope that FF is right and today is actually as early as 8 DPO. With all this cramping I really doubt my luteal phase is gonna last much longer, anyway. �� We'll see.

Woah, cd37? I really hope you'll soon have a clear and positive answer! :)

Sorry I got that test on December 27th wrong dates but yes you are definitely still early and lots of hope for you. It's by looking good for myself tho :( negative urine test at doc office and she checked my cervix and it's closed which is good but there are a number of possibilities and only one of them is a good outcome and that is that I ovulated really late and I had a false positive. Good luck to you Hun. I really hope it's a better outcome for u. I still have hope even tho it's slowly deminishing.

Sorry to hear that. :-( I hope that things will turn out fine and that you won't get too stressed because of this waiting rollercoaster!

Thank you so much for your encouragement!

Your welcome my dear. Hope everything works out for you

This morning my BBT plummeted even lower, waaaaaaay below the CL, so I'm afraid AF is coming very soon. :(

For now I'm just cramping, constipated (sorry, maybe this is TMI)
and feeling as if I could faint anytime. If this is PMS, it's the worst I've had in years. :(

Yikes I'm not to familiar with charting but I hope things start to look up. Those sound like pretty hefty symptoms to be pms tho but our bodies can play tricks on us as well. I usually don't get constipation with AF lol it's the other way around tmi!!!

Third BFN in two days. :'(

At this point, I think AF is only being delayed by my stubborness...

I just can't understand why I got that positive 2 days ago. :(

So sorry Hun. You may be experiencing a chemical. I am miscarrying today :( hope this isn't your case

I saw it in your thread. I was so sorry to hear that. :(

No signs of AF yet here... I don't know why, but my mind can't seem to give up this time. Last month one BNF was enough for me to move on.

Well that's good girl. Never give up hope. Hope for the best but expect the worst. But never give up! I'm sending baby dust your way love. It's hard to let go when you see that positive test everything becomes real. I hope you don't have to go through any heartache :(

Aaaaaand CD1 it is. :(
Not that I wasn't expecting it, but it's a bit sad anyway.

Thanks for your support purplecat!
I hope that next month will bring us both better news to share.

Awe I'm sorry love!! Hang in there I have a feeling this cycle is ours!!! I know it sad :( try to keep positive tho, just gotta keep on trying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->