Positive thinking buddies 2015 graduates x

hanrh

Reaction score
Hello ladies
I am cautiously moving over from the ttc board (from the positive thinking thread) for the second time. I thought it would be nice for everyone to start off with a little background on how we got here.

Mine goes something like this...
After 7 long months of trying I had a bfp in August 2014 however had the devastating news at the 12 weeks scan that our little bubba was very poorly. We opted for the cvs and found out he had a long list of problems all stemming from patau syndrome. Sadly our little boy grew wings at 13 weeks.

Fast forward to December 2014, out of no where and before my first af I got a surprise bfp again!! I am now (I think) about 9 weeks. I'm absolutely terrified and dreading my scan!!

I look forward to hearing from you all and going through this journey together.

X

Reporting for duty!

Here's my story. We unexpectedly got pregnant in our first 3 months together, at the age of 18. We were both terrified but vowed to make it work. Unfortunately I had a miscarriage at 9 weeks. Ive been broody ever since then and threw myself into my career and wedding planning. We've tried for 8 months before finally getting our lovely BFP just before Christmas.

We are just over 8 weeks now and waiting for our scan too. Very anxious to get past the 9 week mark and see our baby B on a scan!

X

Yay hello loobs!!

Lovely to see you here!!

Have you had your scan date through yet? My hospital sent me a date for next Friday which I was so confused about as I'd only be 10 weeks! When I called they had made a mistake and have now moved it to 2nd feb. I feel like I want to fast forward past it as I'm so stressed after last time!!
How are your symptoms?

No scan date for me yet! I only had my very first midwife appointment on Friday, and she said she needs to send my information away to the general hospital to get my maternity case notes made up. Then she will get me in for my booking in appointment (I think thats what its called!) and only then does she send away the card to arrange a scan.

My symptoms seem to have decreased a bit in the last couple of days, which I'm slightly worried about. I had lots of symptoms, nausea with dry heaving but no vomiting, sore boobs, constipation, light cramps. But everything seems to have gotten less noticeable. Anxious to have a scan done to see whats going on in there!

How are you feeling? x

Oh yes I had my booking appointment on Friday. Was just taking lots of health details. Hopefully you have your scan date soon! I got my letter 2 days after my appointment so I imagine it won't be long.

I agree with the symptoms but I read that at about 8/9 weeks it's when the placenta takes over (?) so symptoms should improve. Saying that's ive had terrible heart burn today so don't know if that's realted. I'm also getting a relly stuffy nose in the morning (not cold/flu related) and my tops of my legs and tummy are covered in blue veins!! Any weird things for you?

We need to track down tink and she got her bfp at the same time as us too!

That's good! Hopefully won't have to wait long. What date is your scan?

That's reassuring about the placenta taking over. I'm feeling stuffy nosed too but I notice it more at night when I'm trying to get to sleep. My boobs have big blue veins! I feel that my nausea is weird. Usually it is my kitchen that sets me off. There is a weird smell in there that nobody else notices. I have cleaned every single part of it and still this smell lingers. Lots of dry heaving in there!

I've not seen Tink for a while - hope everything is good with her x

Hey ladies,

I just spotted you both on the forums and then found this after a bit of stalking!

I'm 8 weeks today :) I had an early scan at 6 weeks and 3 days because of pelvic pain on my left side so they just wanted to check it wasn't ectopic and thankfully it wasn't. We saw baby with heartbeat, so that was reassuring!

Hope you are both doing well xxx

Yay! Hello! :wave:

Glad everything was looking good on the scan!

I'm 10 weeks today. I can feel myself relaxing with every step closer to getting a scan. Infact, I haven't checked for post today. My appointment might have come through!

It's not there. Oh well, I'm sure it'll be here this week some time.

x

I hope it arrives soon. It will be great to have the date for your scan!

I'm waiting this week for a letter from the midwives for my booking in appointment. Eep.

x

Yay! I feel like every appointment has been another step forward, but I'm wishing away the time to this scan!

I just feel the need to be reassured that everything is ok and then we can share our news with the world.

How are you Hanrh?

x

Hi tink so glad I found us!!! Happy your scan was all good, it must be such a relief. I'm still in the mindset I might have just imagined it all!!

Hoping your scan date comes through soon loobs! How are u otherwise?

I went for my bloods yesterday and midwife could t get any out!! I am terrified of needles so I don't think it helped with all the wriggling I was doing. Have to go back tomorrow for a second go. Scan is fast approaching and I'm soooo nervous after last time!

X

I feel the same about the scan! Nervous and excited all at the same time. Your nerves are totally understandable! Sorry you need to go back and let them try for blood again. Here are my top tips as someone who takes blood :haha: make sure you are well hydrated and keep warm, especially the part of the arm that they usually try. That should help! I hate needles too, which sounds daft cos I'm a nurse.

I'm feeling ok, still nauseous and tired. I feel my boobs aren't as sore as they were which I done a bit of reading about. Seems it's quite common at this stage and it's not a bad sign. So that's good! I'm getting a bit of lower back pain when I've had a busy day at work. Hot water bottle for short periods at night is helping that! X

Sorry they couldn't get your blood Hanrh. I have terrible veins - you would hate me Loobs :p I hope they can get them next time for you!

Good luck both for your scans <3

Glad your boobs aren't so sore now Loobs. Yay for the hot water bottle for your back in short bursts.

I can empathise with the nausea. I feel so sick all the time. Spent a lot of money on sour apple sweets but they seem to help a bit and so I definitely think it's worth it.

Hope they managed to get your bloods this time Hanrh!

Tink, thats good that the apple sweets seem to be helping. I'm also finding I'm leaning towards "sour" options rather than sweet, but I'm not sure if thats cos it helps or if I'm craving.

I've got a thing about lemon just now. I chopped up an avocado the other day, and mashed it with lemon juice. It was waaay too sour but I really enjoyed it! I'm drinking lots of hot water with lemon in too. I've totally gone off chocolate, I have no desire to eat it. And I'm one of these people who can't go a day without it usually!

Scan date came in! 16th of February, so 12 weeks exactly. The countdown is one! I'm so excited but nervous at the same time, but mainly just can't wait to share our happy news with everyone!

x

Wow, not long now Loobs! I'm sure it will be amazing to be able to tell people and also to see bubba on the screen.

The lemon and avocado sounds so sour but glad you enjoyed it. I'm very similar with going off chocolate and also cake etc.

I had a really strong craving for pot noodle last weekend which I usually hate and went out to buy one. By the time I got back from the pot noodle mission, I'd gone off the idea. Doh!

x

Looks thank you for your top blood taking tips. It worked! So much better this time and they took all the blood they needed without me squirming too much!!

Wow loobs not long until th scan now for either of us. Do you have an appointment for your bloods yet? I have read sour\salty cravings means a boy and sweet is a girl so maybe it's a boy!!! I craved salt and vinegar crisps last time and it was a boy so maybe thee is something in it! All I'm craving right now is chocolate wispa bars, I literally can't get enough!!

How are your appointments going tink? Sorry to hear a aboit your nausea. I've seen lots of ladies on here say it wained for them after 9 weeks. I have had much but mine has definitely improved lately.

Glad they had more success with the bloods! Super glad my tips worked haha. Countdown is on til we get these scans! I had my bloods and urine taken at my booking appointment a couple of weeks ago.

I had read similar, and I've been eating lots of salt and vinegar crisps!

My nausea is still a struggle, I'm hoping not to be one of these ladies who has it the whole time!

X

Sorry u r feeling nauseous still. I sometimes wish I was as its a good sign to assure u that you are actually pregnant! I've been getting a weird symptom recently - bad pins and needles in my hands. I Wake up all night with numb hands and I'm not even lying on them!! So odd!!!

Have u been able to tell many people yet? Or are u waiting for your scan? X

Waiting for the scan! I feel the need for some reassurance that everything is ok before we spread the news. It's so so hard to keep it a secret though! Almost impossible!

How about you? X

Yes I agree so hard to keep it quiet!!

I kept it completely secret last time but this time round have told a few close family and friends as needed the support more than anything. Has been nice.

I have my scan tomorrow at 9:10am!! I'm so scared I could cry! I wish I could be sedated until afterwards!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->