positve opk 5 days apart! Please help!

Kros330

Mom to triplets!
Reaction score
I'm so Confused! I recently got off the pill and my husband and I areTTC. I started using Digital OPK's this month(clear blue with smiley) I started testing on day 6 like it said to and got a positive on day 11 in early am(negative again 8 hrs later). I wasn't able to test on day 10 as we were traveling. We BD every day including day 12 (except for day 11). At night on day 12 started getting cramping and spotting and everything seemed to match up with me ovulating. NO BD on day 13-15. Than randomly I tested again yesterday day 16 and got another smiley positive( SO of course BD--just in case) This morning I woke up with sore nimples and some CM but thats about it. Does this mean the first positive was false? Am I ovulating twice or did I really not O the first time? I am so confused. PLEASE HELP!

** I think I posted in the wrong forum before.

It's hard to say for sure but I think it's a good thing you bd on the days you did!
I'd always go with the first positive OPK - because any negatives after that could be because your urine was too deluted...
Sending you lots of sticky baby dust! FX you caught that eggy!

tested again today and got another positive digi opk. I took it out and it both lines were very dark. I know you aren't suppose to look at the digi ones but I can't help it! Guess we will BD when hubby gets home!

I had the same thing happen to me this month on cd9 i got a positive then on cd14 and cd15 a positive then the crazy thing i got another positive on cd20. Today is cd21 for me I was just testing everyday this month starting cd9 to see and those are my results it just makes no sense to me. But we BD a lot so im hoping it works this month. On cd14/15 i had bad pains on my ovaries so im thinking i O'd then but who knows! These tests are confusing.

Well let me know what happens with you! I am cd 17 so I hAve a while to go! Who knew this stuff would be so confusing?!

Well let me know what happens with you! I am cd 17 so I hAve a while to go! Who knew this stuff would be so confusing?!

I will... i know!!!!! This stuff is so confusing.. i am on clomid this month so im thinking maybe its false positives from that? I just am praying i ovulated and it worked this month:thumbup: :dust::dust:

Im so depressed. I dont know which day to go by. I thought I was feeling symptoms--sore nipples, very bloated and felt like I had a cold/flu coming on. Now it seems like everything has stopped except for this flu (achey and sore throat) like thing that has me feeling blah! I don't know which day to test and I hate waiting!!!

Im so depressed. I dont know which day to go by. I thought I was feeling symptoms--sore nipples, very bloated and felt like I had a cold/flu coming on. Now it seems like everything has stopped except for this flu (achey and sore throat) like thing that has me feeling blah! I don't know which day to test and I hate waiting!!!

Awww I know how you feel i feel the same way, My period is due nov. 4th so im just going by that and im going to test that day and if its neg. im gonna assume my periods just coming on. I have no idea of the exact date i Oed this month and it really is annoying. My symptoms are right now bloat, constipation, sore boobs, tired, some nauesa here and there, slight dizzy, feel like im getting sick, not really hungry (but of course i still eat everything lol) so idk im praying i finally get a positive this month im so sick of this trying and not working... but i know that adventually it will happen... If you know when you will be getting your period i would just test that day.

Hi ladies I am new to this forum but I came accross it and I am in the same boat! I am on my second round of clomid 100mg, did not ovulate on first round 50mg. I took it days 5-9 and woke up day 10 and tested for ovulation and got a :), positive ovulation! I thought it was a little weird being so early so I kept testing days 11-13 with negatives and today, day 14, another positive! I am so confused do I believe the first or the second?? I have PCOS and do not get my period on my own unless induced by progesterone. We have been trying for 9 months and would really love for it to work this time!! What do you think believe the day 10 positive or day 14?? Thanks so much ladies!! Oh and we have BD'd days 8, 9, 10, 11, 13, 14 to be safe!!

Hi ladies I am new to this forum but I came accross it and I am in the same boat! I am on my second round of clomid 100mg, did not ovulate on first round 50mg. I took it days 5-9 and woke up day 10 and tested for ovulation and got a :), positive ovulation! I thought it was a little weird being so early so I kept testing days 11-13 with negatives and today, day 14, another positive! I am so confused do I believe the first or the second?? I have PCOS and do not get my period on my own unless induced by progesterone. We have been trying for 9 months and would really love for it to work this time!! What do you think believe the day 10 positive or day 14?? Thanks so much ladies!! Oh and we have BD'd days 8, 9, 10, 11, 13, 14 to be safe!!

Honestly i dont know i am in the same boat i posted my story in the post above yours. I would go with the later positive but as long as you are BDing on all of them then if it happens one of the days hopefully you will catch the egg!!!!!!!

tested again today and got another positive digi opk. I took it out and it both lines were very dark. I know you aren't suppose to look at the digi ones but I can't help it! Guess we will BD when hubby gets home!

Hey just updating you so far i tested today since it is CD28 for me and i got a negative :( so im gonna just assume AF is on her way. How are things going with you?

I tested today to with fmu and bfn on a free:( I am cd 24. If I go by the first :) then I'm 12 dpo if I go by the 2nd :) then I'm about 7 dpo so I have no idea. I'm really not feeling it this month and expect AF anyday. I wish I knew what the deal was! I have a appt with the ob on 11/28 so I'll see what she says. Good luck and baby dust for next month or hopefully BFP soon!

Hey ladies!! Hope AF stays away this month for you!! Are either of you charting? I am trying to but my temps were up after the positive opk but then down again?!?! I don't understand how a opk says positive but then we don't actually ovualte. Has either of your doctors had an explanation for this? Again hope someone get a positive HPT soon!!

Hey ladies!! Hope AF stays away this month for you!! Are either of you charting? I am trying to but my temps were up after the positive opk but then down again?!?! I don't understand how a opk says positive but then we don't actually ovualte. Has either of your doctors had an explanation for this? Again hope someone get a positive HPT soon!!

Hey I been temping but mine are usually all over the place, i still dont really have the hang of it.. LOL I dont understand the OPK's either it drives me crazy.. my dr. doesnt say anything but i think im going to switch doctors since i dont feel she is helping me. i should be getting AF any second now :( If your temps were up after your positive opk that may be a good sign especially if they went back down again, that should mean you did ovulate.. now you have to see if they stay kinda high again... Follow my journal if you want its at the bottom of my signature just click on it (ttc journal). :winkwink:

Hey I been temping but mine are usually all over the place, i still dont really have the hang of it.. LOL I dont understand the OPK's either it drives me crazy.. my dr. doesnt say anything but i think im going to switch doctors since i dont feel she is helping me. i should be getting AF any second now :( If your temps were up after your positive opk that may be a good sign especially if they went back down again, that should mean you did ovulate.. now you have to see if they stay kinda high again... Follow my journal if you want its at the bottom of my signature just click on it (ttc journal). :winkwink:

I read you story it sounds a lot like mine, we were married in Aug. 2010 and stated trying in Feb. 2011 and we were having no luck due to me having PCOS (which stinks b/c I did not know I even had it b/c I don't fit the symptoms besides not every getting AF on my own). This is my second round of Clomid and would really love a BFP, it's been a rough year for many reasons and would love something to look forward too :). I was excited about the rise in temp after my first positive but then it went down and only back up a little?! So I am just as confused as you, this ttc thing is a lot harder than I ever expected, boo!! Let me know how things go, it is nice to have other ppl that understand :winkwink:

I read you story it sounds a lot like mine, we were married in Aug. 2010 and stated trying in Feb. 2011 and we were having no luck due to me having PCOS (which stinks b/c I did not know I even had it b/c I don't fit the symptoms besides not every getting AF on my own). This is my second round of Clomid and would really love a BFP, it's been a rough year for many reasons and would love something to look forward too :). I was excited about the rise in temp after my first positive but then it went down and only back up a little?! So I am just as confused as you, this ttc thing is a lot harder than I ever expected, boo!! Let me know how things go, it is nice to have other ppl that understand :winkwink:

I will. and I think clomid can affect your temps too, i read that somewhere, clomid gives preg symptoms too its a pain in the butt.. this whole process is.. im so confused on the temps and it just seems so easy for others lol but from what your saying your temps actually sound right, go high after you ovulate then dip alittle, then higher again... so that may be a good thing.. keep me posted too.. post here or in my journal so we can keep track of each others progress :)

I will. and I think clomid can affect your temps too, i read that somewhere, clomid gives preg symptoms too its a pain in the butt.. this whole process is.. im so confused on the temps and it just seems so easy for others lol but from what your saying your temps actually sound right, go high after you ovulate then dip alittle, then higher again... so that may be a good thing.. keep me posted too.. post here or in my journal so we can keep track of each others progress :)

I will totally keep you updated!! I tried to send you a link to my chart but the site won't let me since I am so new, lol! The temps went up then back down to where they were pre-o so that's why I am confused but maybe all this confusion will lead to a BFP and all the confusion will be worth it:thumbup:

I will totally keep you updated!! I tried to send you a link to my chart but the site won't let me since I am so new, lol! The temps went up then back down to where they were pre-o so that's why I am confused but maybe all this confusion will lead to a BFP and all the confusion will be worth it:thumbup:

Yeah i think you need 5 or more posts?? not sure.. but hopefully you will get your BFP sending prayers and :dust::dust your way :)

Yeah i think you need 5 or more posts?? not sure.. but hopefully you will get your BFP sending prayers and :dust::dust your way :)

Baby dust to you too and I will praying for you too, I know if we keep faith something good will happen soon :happydance:

Hey Ladies! I have not been temping but Im going to start on my next cycle. Still waiting on AF. If I ovulated near the first :) than AF would be due yesterday or today. If I go by 2nd :) than it will probably be more towards friday. Im going to test again on wed if nothing comes. This is all so confusing and I dont understand why its so hard. I just found out my dr does stricly gyn and not ob so I have an appt set up with a new dr on 11/28. Hopefully I can get some answers! Good luck to both of you and keep my posted. I'll be saying a prayer for all of us so we get our BFP's soon!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->